• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] WC3: Enhanced & Expand/Revitalized (OFFICIAL THREAD) - Relive the story of Warcraft 3, bigger than ever

Level 8
Welcome everyone to the official WC3 Enhanced & Expand/Revitalized thread!
This is the place where I'm post updates about the development of the two enhanced campaign series: RoCEX and TFT Revitalized, for Classic Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

(Requires Warcraft 3: TFT patch 1.24a-1.28c to play)

Developed by just one person, this campaign series is primary focused on mixing content from Warcraft 3 (and its TFT Expansion), and other assets/features from other Blizzard games like Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, WC2: Tides of Darkness (and its expansion Beyond the Dark Portal), Diablo and Starcraft + original content especially made for the campaign themselves.

PROGRESS:
RoCEX is primary focused on all 5 campaigns included in the original RoC campaign
Campaign Title
STATUS
Latest/Stable/Playable Beta Version
Upcoming Version/Release
Prologue Campaign: Exodus of the Horde
IN PLAYABLE BETA
v0.1a
v1.0 (TBD)
Human Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron
RELEASED
The Revamped Update
v3.0pre-2
v3.0pre-3 (TBD)
Undead Campaign: Path of the Damned
Work In Progress (Coming Halloween 2023)
N/A
N/A
Orc Campaign: The Invasion of Kalimdor
Coming Soon
N/A
N/A
Night Elf Campaign: Eternity's End
Coming Soon
N/A
N/A

TFT Revitalized is primary focused on the 3 campaign that included in the original TFT campaign
Campaign Title
STATUS
Latest/Stable/Playable Beta Version
Upcoming Version/Release
Sentinel Campaign: Terror of the Tides
Coming Soon
N/A
N/A
Alliance Campaign: Curse of the Blood Elves
Coming Soon
N/A
N/A
Scourge Campaign: Legacy of the Damned
Coming Soon
N/A
N/A

Last edited:
Level 8
Info about the v3.0-pre1 for the Human Campaign:

- Human Race
  • Remove the Elven Dragonhawk from the campaign (for temporarily reason, will be added back in a later version)
  • Converted the RoC versions of Flying Machine and Siege Engine back to Gyrocopter and Steam Tank
    (plus converted Spell Breakers and Lieutenants into their High Elves version to match the campaign style of Reign of Chaos)
  • Nerf Animal War Training's hit point bonus from 150 to 100
  • Due to the upgrade's change; Knights, Dragonhawk Riders and Gryphon Riders' hit points are increased by 50
  • Pulse Firing has been renamed to Stimpacked and with a new icon
  • Added a new upgrade;
    - Elven Mage Armor: Increase the armor of Priests and Sorceresses.
  • The original Sundering Blades upgrade has changed to Royal Highness with a new icon and description;
    - Royal Highness: Upgrades the Sundering Blades ability, which increases the damage that Knights dealt to Unarmored and Medium armor units.
  • Due to this change, instead of researching it from the Barracks, Knights now has Sundering Blades by default
- Orc Race
  • Revamped the Blackrock Clan's base in Blackroll and Roll
- Undead Race
  • Added a new unit: Butcher, a giant melee unit that has huge health and it's a chaos-typed attacker. (Currently it has no use in the campaign and it will be implemented in the next update.)
- Other Things
  • Custom models are updated & optimized
  • Fixed more bug issues + improve tweaks

Last edited:
Level 8
worldedit_KbG6HP6OOH.png

The units shown are included as of the v3.0-pre1, including the Butcher, which will be implemented in next update.

Level 7
like now im tired of this sheit ima try to be as polite as possible 'NO MORE ENCHANCED SHEIT ' your just copying soviet there is like a thousand enchanced original warcraft 3 shit most models your using tells me that your doing nothing but copying soviet get some ideas of your own

Level 8
like now im tired of this sheit ima try to be as polite as possible 'NO MORE ENCHANCED SHEIT ' your just copying soviet there is like a thousand enchanced original warcraft 3 shit most models your using tells me that your doing nothing but copying soviet get some ideas of your own
"this ain't a copy of soviet" it's different from the enhance campaign because it has content from other games rather than just warcraft 3, and it's developed for 3+ years so don't please bash our project because it could revive classic warcraft 3, thank you for your understanding.

Level 5
I mean... You know you can just... Pass it right?
Like you don't have to be rude to people just becuase you don't want to play it.
You can simply... Don't play it.
There are people behind this project who are simply fans of the game,
Who wants to make something they think will be fun and intresting.
Not for you? Okay, just pass it, maybe create something by yourself.
There is no reason to just "Sheit" on it.
You're not even paying for it,
It's literally free will of the modders to do something that they want.
Can't you just... Leave this part of modding community that it's revitilisint/enchancing general campaigns and find something you will enjoy instead?
"this ain't a copy of soviet" it's different from the enhance campaign because it has content from other games rather than just warcraft 3, and it's developed for 3+ years so don't please bash our project because it could revive classic warcraft 3, thank you for your understanding.
Keep doing the project guys, Hope you will be proud of final effect.
I personally will check it out, Not sure how I feel about marine there?
I don't like adding futuristic technology into fantasy like this (especially since they have steam technology and rifles, so marine feels really out of place)
But that's my opinion and I'm curious how are you implementing it and connecting to the plot.

Be kind to one-another,
Mavcik

Level 23
Hi, the truth is that at this point it is very difficult to create a project of this type that offers something different or interesting, it has been done many times and although most of them are generic, there are some very good projects. Be that as it may, don't take this the wrong way, I as a WarCraft custom content creator know the enormous amount of work that goes into making anything, so I encourage you to keep going. Although it seems that everything is invented, it is always possible to surprise.

On the other hand, a piece of advice, ignore the disrespectful idiots who have never done anything with World Editor in their lives.

Regards.

Level 20
Going to second that. It may be difficult to really stand out with this kind of project but any kind of content is good content. Also, having played most of the modifications on the bases campaigns out there, even if there is a similar feel, there is always some variety and uniqueness.
Also I understand that going with pre-existing campaigns can be more comfortable and it's great for getting familiar with the editor.

Overall, if that's something you wanna do, keep going and keep posting it, no matter what people say, there will still be people to have fun with your maps.:goblin_yeah:

PS : Just the name of the thread states "threat" instead of "thread" which is hilarious but might come out as too agressive :xxd:

Level 8
The items implementation will be featured starting in the Human Campaign v3.0-pre3 and onwards.

Here's the item tier definition:
1. Bronze Tier - Items can be bought in a item shop.

2. Silver Tier - Items has one abilities/bonuses from an item.

2.5. Gold Tier - Same equivalent as a silver rarity, but this tier is especially made for items that has VFX (or special effects/buffs) at an item or has higher attributes than silver does.
(Example: Orb of Fire can held and rotates in the Hero's weapon when it's item is carried)
NOTICE: This rarity's feature is also applied to higher rarity from Platinum to onwards.

3. Platinum - Same equivalent as a gold tier, but has higher attributes than a gold item does.

4. Legendary Tier - Items has three abilities/bonus from an item.

5. Mythic Tier - Items has four abilities/bonus from an item. Can be obtained at the final chapter of the campaign.

6. Divine Tier - The highest rarity that the item can have. Has the same equivalent as a mythic, but has higher attributes than a mythic does. This rarity can only be access by completing the regular campaign first, then play through the entire campaign again with New Game Plus until you reach the final chapter of the campaign.

Level 8
Human Campaign v3.0-pre2 Patch Notes:

GENERAL CHANGES

• Replace the campaign screen of the campaign with the beta main menu screen from RoC
  • The entire campaign has been completely re-overhauled (it's highly recommended to delete the old "RoCEX_Human" save file to prevent any bugs or glitches to be happened)
  • All the maps are now .W3X rather than a .W3M so it only be compatible with the Frozen Throne expansion
  • Added a new set called "classic", which will have content from Warcraft 1 and 2
    - The first set includes 8 units, 4 buildings and 6 upgrades from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans
    (More content will be added in later versions)
  • Includes a new upgrade for Clerics and Conjurers from the Classic Set:
    - Valor of Ascend : Increases the maximum hit and mana points of Clerics and Conjurers by 75 and improves their Initiate spells:
    Holy Healing - Increase hit point regeneration to 300 and gains the ability to hide at night.
    Summon Scorpions - Summon 4 Scorpions at the field.
  • The spell upgrades for Clerics and Conjurers are now based on the Initiate/Adept/Master training upgrades
    By default, Cleric will have Holy Healing and Conjurers has Summon Scorpions at the start. Meaning the other upgrades can be research via their respective spell training upgrades:
    - Cleric Adept/Master Training - Increases Clerics' mana capacity, mana regeneration rate, hit points, health regeneration,
    and gives them the ability to cast Far Seeing/Magic Mirage.
    - Conjurer Adept/Master Training - Increases Conjurers' mana capacity, mana regeneration rate, hit points, health regeneration, and gives them the ability to cast Rain of Fire/Summon Water Elemental.
  • Fixed more bug issues & improve tweaks to avoid exploits
BALANCE CHANGES

HUMANS
  • Added classic units and buildings from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans
    • Clerics will have now Magic Mirage rather than Invisibility once Cleric Master Training is researched
    • Cleric's Invisibility can be unlocked with Valor of Ascend
  • Steam Tanks are converted back as the Siege Engines
  • Steam Tank is now a separate custom unit and has the equivalent stats to a Siege Engine
  • Added a 4th tier level for Masonry and Elven Mage Armor
  • The Garrison Fortitude upgrade is now applied to Militia
  • Reduced the cost of original and classic human upgrades
  • Change Terran Marine's description:
    pre-1 - Powerful human soldier armed with an automatic pulse rifle, an all-around unit to use against weaker units.
    pre-2 - Powerful human soldier armed with an automatic pulse rifle, an all-around unit at eliminating enemy units faster.
  • Models of most human unit are updated/adjusted
ORCS
  • Added 2 new units to the Blackrock Clan:
    Blackcleaver Grunt - Brutish Orc warrior of the Blackrock Clan, helding an axe that can destroy buildings two times better.
    Blackspear Raider - Highly spear throwing rider of the Blackrock Clan.
  • The Blackrock Clan's base in Blackrock and Roll has been overhauled
  • Troll Headhunters are now featured again in Blackrock and Roll
  • At The Defense of Strahnbrad, the Slave Master is now a Hero rather than a normal unit
UNDEAD
  • The Butcher is now implemented to the campaign and now has the Hurl Cleaver ability, which thrown his cleaver to a unit that takes damage and stuns it's unit for 2 seconds
  • Ghoul Lifestealer is renamed to Lifestealer Ghoul
  • Added a new variant of Ghoul:
    Blazing Ghoul - Same style as a Lifestealer Ghoul, but instead has Permanent Immolation

Level 8
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Human Campaign v3.0-pre3 is delayed until next month due to insistent demand and many backlash about the campaign.
For the next few days, I'll polished every bit of the campaign and implement better content like fixing staff from classic set, so this campaign is going to be better that it can be. Thank you for your understanding.

In other words, the next part of the series, Exodus of the Horde (which New Game Plus is going to be introduced) will be launched next month and I have planned to release beta versions of the campaign in this thread so it will be much easier to feedback with you.

Have a nice day everyone. :grin:
- bakuma

Level 8
Hello everyone....

regarding on the status on RoCEX right now is I happy to say that the project is still alive. I just gone for a few months to focus on important things so don't worry, the project is stay alive for longer.

oh yeah by the way, someone message me about the project and then he working on the same thing juts like me so I decided to let you know that something is about to changed