• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 1.19 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Nothing big, just a bunch of unneeded GUI fixes (who does actually use GUI?) and some misterious Tournament events, actions and calls.

Edit: Patch 1.19b is out, contains a fix to a crash in multiplayer games.

<table bgcolor="#000033" width="100%"><tr><td><font color="#EEEE00">WORLD EDITOR CHANGES
<font color="#EEEEEE" size="-3">Trigger Editor<ul>[*]The "Image" category and actions now appear after the "Item" category.
[*]The "Ubersplat" category and actions now appear after the "Unit Group" category.
[*]Fixed script generation errors when using the "Terrain Pathing Is Off" function. This is now a Boolean function.
[*]Fixed script generation errors when using variables of the following types:
<ul>[*]Attack Type
[*]Combat Sound
[*]Damage Type
[*]Effect Type
[*]Pathing Type
[*]Sound Type [/list]
[*]Sorted lightning type presets.
[*]Appended "Cliff" to cliff terrain types, to distinguish them from non-cliff terrain types.
[*]Renamed "Life Drain" and "Mana Drain" to "Drain Life" and "Drain Mana", respectively.
[*]Cleaned up the name, grammar text, hints and/or sorting order for the following trigger functions/calls:
<ul>[*](Boolean) Environment - Terrain Pathing Is Off (was Terrain Pathable)
[*](Unit) Event Response - Damage Source
[*](String) Game - Ability Name
[*](String) Game - Ability Effect Art Path (was Ability Effect Art)
[*](String) Game - Ability Effect Sound Name (was Ability Sound)
[*](String) Hero - Hero Proper Name
[*](String) Trigger - Trigger Name
[*](Real) Lightning - Red Color of Lightning
[*](Real) Lightning - Green Color of Lightning
[*](Real) Lightning - Blue Color of Lightning
[*](Real) Lightning - Alpha Value of Lightning (was Alpha Color of Lightning)
[/list][*]Cleaned up the name, grammar text, hints and/or sorting order for the following trigger actions:
<ul>[*]Environment - Change Terrain Type
[*]Environment - Turn Terrain Pathing On/Off (was Turn Pathing On/Off)
[*]Floating Text - Suspend/Resume
[*]Floating Text - Permanent/Expires
[*]Floating Text - Change Color
[*]Floating Text - Change Lifespan
[*]Floating Text - Change Fading Age (was Change Fadepoint)
[*]Floating Text - Change Age
[*]Game - Enable/Disable Selection (was Enable/Disable Select)
[*]Game - Enable/Disable Drag-Selection (was Enable/Disable Drag Select)
[*]Game - Enable/Disable Pre-Selection (was Enable/Disable Pre Select)
[*]Image - Create
[*]Image - Change Color
[*]Image - Change Render State
[*]Image - Change Render Always State
[*]Image - Change Above Water State
[*]Lightning - Create Lightning Effect (was Create Lightning Effect At Points)
[*]Lightning - Move Lightning Effect (was Move Lightning Effect To Points)
[*]Lightning - Set Lightning Effect Color
[*]Unit - Add Classification
[*]Unit - Remove Classification
[*]Unit - Issue Drop Item Order (was Drop Item On A Point)
[*]Unit - Issue Move Item In Inventory Order (was Drop Item In Slot)
[*]Unit - Issue Give Item Order (was Drop Item On A Unit)
[*]Unit - Damage Area
[*]Unit - Damage Target
[*]Unit - Decrease Level Of Ability For Unit
[*]Unit - Increase Level Of Ability For Unit
[*]Unit - Set Level Of Ability For Unit
[*]Ubersplat - Create
[*]Ubersplat - Change Render State
[*]Ubersplat - Change Render Always State
[/list][*]Added an event and three new trigger functions for future tournament support:
<ul>[*](Trigger Event) Tournament Event
[*](Real) Tournament Time Remaining
[*](Integer) Tournament Melee Score
[*](Integer) Tournament Finish Rule
</td></tr></table>

Level 3
Vexorian...
Almost everyone uses GUI, there would be a minute few who would do their whole map on JASS, the fact that you said that, proves to me how much you think your better than everyone else. Sorry I'm not as good as you.

Level 9
Daminon what you are saying is true about my topic about the patch how it has already been mentioned but im sure alot of people would notice it alot more on the first page you go to on this site and alot of people would not of read my topic because not everyone goes to the off topic section

Level 5
Funny. I think blizzard got a little lazy lately. Anyone seen Starcraft and Diablo patches? Wel in SC the absolutley did not change anything, only fixed 1-3 bugs and thats all. Well in Diablo, they added a new world event, but they did not change anything besides that. No new items, 5 low rune words (wich are quite useless), and no skill changes.
Now they release the W3 patch, no changes just minor fixes and things people don't really need (and DAMNIT i need to reinstall the whole W3 because of this stupid little patch, coz it's not in the registry since i reinstalled the op. system 3 times)

Level 3
Dont call blizzard lazy... The fact that they are still updating shows me they aren't lazy, they don't charge you for their updates do they, so your getting free fixes. Sure, they are small updates, but after 15 updates you'd expect them to be small wouldnt you. Honestly if I worked for bliz, that comment would piss me off! :)

Level 12
They sure didn't run out of ideas, at least 6 time I bombarded them with requests.

The reason I dislike the idea of a patch full with GUI features is that we didn't really need blizzard for this, everyone can change GUI stuff (Check UMSWE for more info)

We need blizzard to add native stuff , that then could be added to GUI, new natives mean new possibilities.

They didn't add any new file to war3patch.mpq , common.j or blizzard.j this patch sucks compared with the previous ones.

Level 13
Lazy or not, this patch once again shows that Blizzard cares a sh** about the modding community. They don't seem to realize that this community is one of the reasons for their games being played that much and long. Just compare the amount of custom games compared with the amount of melee games played on B.net.

One time Blizzard forced some Modders to stop their project (dunno the exact reasons, was some time ago). And no, there was nothing illegal with the mod, it was just a total conversion like Tales of Raviganion or others.

Another reason I don't like Blizzards attitude towards the modders is that they steal ideas from custom maps and claim them as their own (e.g. Volcano spell). "Yeah, we're Blizzard, we don't need to mention that the unimportant modding community gave us the idea for it."

Just my 2 cents.

/edit: Bleh, Leopard, stop posting while I'm typing :p
I don't think they've already released a downloadable version of the patch. Just the B.net-update.

Level 7
Vexorian is right, adding extra shit like that would give more potential for GUI functions but still, lots of people use GUI. The majority of the maps out there use GUI, some don't but quite a few do. Cause of course when it comes to making a map lots of the functions that maps have DON'T NEED JASS. Its easier and ,sometimes, better looking in GUI.

Level 10
Blizzard could really support more the modding community, but I'm glad that they at least do something at the world editor, also if this is (like in this patch) damn few. Which other games producer do update their games such often or add only any MapEditor to it, that has nearly so many possibilities as the War3WE?

And Vex, you surely are a good mapper, probably one of the top five jass scripters in the world, but you shouldn't become arrogant with your success. You don't get any friends by making fun of GUI, maybe you also would not have become such a JASS pro if Blizzard had not released the Editor with the possibility of GUI triggering.
If you are as condescending to Blizzard as to the average mapping community, I understand why they don't take any care of your suggestions... :?

Level 2
I agree. I use GUI too (so I am a noob :p), and many others as well. I don't see the point of mocking it, as not everyone can learn JASS. Some people like an easy add this add that and it's a trigger way, not the other, hm, how was that keyword, damn... way.

Level 12
Blizzard could really support more the modding community, but I'm glad that they at least do something at the world editor, also if this is (like in this patch) damn few. Which other games producer do update their games such often or add only any MapEditor to it, that has nearly so many possibilities as the War3WE?

They didn't do anything to the world editor, just fixed some gui bugs and grammar stuff by editing a file in war3patch.mpq\ui\

And Vex, you surely are a good mapper, probably one of the top five jass scripters in the world, but you shouldn't become arrogant with your success. You don't get any friends by making fun of GUI, maybe you also would not have become such a JASS pro if Blizzard had not released the Editor with the possibility of GUI triggering.
I started to be good at this when I trashed GUI and restarted all again to use JASS, if GUI wouldn't have existed I would have been started on JASS faster and that would have been really helpful, Using GUI was a total waste of time in my life.

If you are as condescending to Blizzard as to the average mapping community, I understand why they don't take any care of your suggestions... :?

Yeah I am sure that's the reason.

Oh wait. They did listen to me when making this patch since I told them how to fix the GUI bugs.

Also patch 1.17 with the damage action and the damage / attack types were completelly my idea.

IF it wasn't for the idea I gave them that time people would have been still forced to use the caster system to have spells that correctly credit the player that uses them

Anyways I think I was clear in my last post that I meant that these GUI features don't really help anyone, they weren't needed, instead if blizzard added new natives those natives could have been added to GUI and you GUI guys, and we JASS guys would have been able to have more possibilites, that's something that hasn't happened in this patch.

Sure you know have better grammar and the ability to create variables of types you never really needed to have.

But you still are completelly unable to change a hero's proper name, for example.

Level 12
Remember kiddos, Blizzard is working hard on WoW and SC: Ghost. (pff...) So it's obvious they're laying off WCIII, DII and SC.

Level 6
SeaGull1723 said:
Remember kiddos, Blizzard is working hard on WoW and SC: Ghost. (pff...) So it's obvious they're laying off WCIII, DII and SC.
Why would blizz bother with those games anyway?
MoodSwing said:
Dont call blizzard lazy... The fact that they are still updating shows me they aren't lazy, they don't charge you for their updates do they, so your getting free fixes. Sure, they are small updates, but after 15 updates you'd expect them to be small wouldnt you. Honestly if I worked for bliz, that comment would piss me off!
Blizzard ARE lazy if u ever saw how they treat with wow!The game is full of unfixed bugs,low supported servers AND the big lag!Almost every time i log in i get a disconnect per 5 hours!And my internet is one of the fastest,so isn't it obvious,blizzard are even "laying off" wow!

Level 25
You say that WoW has "Hundreds of unfixed bugs"

Please point some of these bugs out to me

Oh, and I have a fairly meh internet connection and I don't get disconnected

And a disconnect every 5 hours? If that was true, then you would play for more than 5 hours, like about 10 hours

That's too much WoW

Level 7
This patch is as useless as ever. GUI fixes? so what? not a single new item, just their crappy version of crappy Skibi's Castle...

Yeah, I'm disappointed...

And to all you who don't use Jass, that's not a valid reason to say "GREEEEEEEEEAT!" to this patch, really. I'm on Vexorian's side, GUI sucks.

Level 13
I'm using GUI, too. But in contrast to some other people, I share Vexorians opinion that GUI sucks, just don't have the time to get into JASS. GUI is nothing else then (bad coded) JASS, looking a little bit nicer so it's easier to use. Instead of writing those GUI-things, all Blizzard should have done is writing a useful manual for WE and the usage of JASS. I guess the amount of time needed to write a manual or code that GUI-functions doesn't differ that much.

Which other games producer do update their games such often or add only any MapEditor to it, that has nearly so many possibilities as the War3WE?

Example? Phenomic/Jowood. I don't now any developer/publisher that cares more about the community, especially for the game "Spellforce". E.g. some time ago, some players tried to finish the game with the lowest possible avatar level. But of course the game wasn't meant to be played that way (don't wanna explain the whole Spellforce game engine, let's just say some issues occured). So the guys asked Jowood if they could release some kind of patch for those guys (a patch useless for ALL the usual customers). Guess what Blizzard would have done? They wouldn't even give those guys a respond. Phenomic needed few days to code those quickfixes and send them to the specific users by mail. THAT is community support.

About SC:Ghost
One more reason why I start to hate Blizzard. The WHOLE Starcraft community is a pc-gaming-community. And now Blizzard doesn't even THINK about releasing a version for the pc, so every Starcraft-Fan HAS to buy a console. Thx alot Blizzard that you care more about money then about the people that are responsible for your success.

Level 7
DarkShadow said:
I'm using GUI, too. But in contrast to some other people, I share Vexorians opinion that GUI sucks, just don't have the time to get into JASS. GUI is nothing else then (bad coded) JASS, looking a little bit nicer so it's easier to use. Instead of writing those GUI-things, all Blizzard should have done is writing a useful manual for WE and the usage of JASS. I guess the amount of time needed to write a manual or code that GUI-functions doesn't differ that much.

Yes, and with millions of limits and un-avoidable memory leaks... I agree, Blizzard could've done more for people wanting to learn JASS.

There only exists user-created tutorials, and few of them are really good. But if you want to learn it, check this, it's the best basics manual I've ever seen: Introduction to JASS

Level 7
Why does everyone dump on GUI? Sure it is badly coded JASS and it does leak but it is still a good startoff point for people. Not everyone can just sit down, read a tutorial and learn something. And like I said before, for many things JASS isn't even needed, it only really shines when it comes to doing spells, which is really a very small part of map making if the you really think about.

Oh and next time that someone goes dumping on Blizzard for not giving us more stuff think about this, go an get 5 other RTS games. Now look at the sort of Editor support they give you, most games don't even give you an editor that can do more than place units and make some cool terrain, and very few actually give you the ability to create scenarios and/or campaigns.

Sure Blizzard could be doing more for us, but they have given us years of free online play and, with the exception of a few bad ones, good patch support throughout most of the time WC3 has been out.

Level 10
Of course they could have written a Jass manual, but if they had done it INSTEAD of GUI, this would have detered many people, I think. But they nevertheless should have done it, in addition to the GUI to help advanced users and spellmakers to learn professional scripting of War3.

To say something to Spellforce/Phenomic: maybe this is a beautiful example of support, but
-the spellforce community is very much smaller than the warcraft community
-is there a spellforce World editor for Spellforce compareable to the one Blizzard gave us? I doubt it, also if I don't really know it.

Level 6
Mecheon said:
You say that WoW has "Hundreds of unfixed bugs"

Please point some of these bugs out to me

Oh, and I have a fairly meh internet connection and I don't get disconnected

And a disconnect every 5 hours? If that was true, then you would play for more than 5 hours, like about 10 hours

That's too much WoW
Ok,1st the bugs!Ohh and i didn't sayed "hundreds"!If u have gone to Stratholme(baron),ever got overtaked by the aboms while they respawn right after we kill them and even while we're fighting Ramstein at the same time....shouldn't happen,right?Ever got droped off zepelin or ship while ur on it OR get teleported right in the center of the ocean,...many times?Ever got attacked by neutral factions while u cast pet's spells(it's good that they finaly fixed that,too late tho!).And i'll point u one more bug,happened only one time but still ruined our MC run....after we entered noone could see
the others,pretty strange actuly....It's good that we atleast killed Gehennas...
And now to answer your other question,yes i do play 10+ hours,any problems with that?And yes i do get disc almost every 5hours!Anything more u gonna ask? :p

Level 12
@vicky2004: Apparently yes I agree there are bugs still occuring in the game even with the best connection. Unfortunately for you, 10+ hours isn't here. What's wrong you ask? If you merely have it as a bad behavior, is it your life? Not that I'm flaming you like those video game haters that go "Stop wasting your life on WoW!" I'm pointing out the fact to balance. Don't you have a job? Or possibly go outside and exercise? Exactly what happened to Darky. :roll:

Damn, now that I've rambled, I need to give myself a good quote:

Sure, WoW takes a lot of my life. I've now stopped getting drunk or getting in jail. And now I don't smoke anymore.

*sigh*

Level 4
Pyrodactyl said:
Funny. I think blizzard got a little lazy lately. Anyone seen Starcraft and Diablo patches? Wel in SC the absolutley did not change anything, only fixed 1-3 bugs and thats all.

1-3 bugs=small patch for starcraft? what if i told you that starcraft patch 1.13 was all to do with patching EUD triggers out of the game (also other extented triggers), which were possibly the biggest mapmaking innovation in the history of starcraft. they were only patched because they could be used for viruses. dont beleive me? go to staredit.net and ask about it.

Level 5
Oh my god then not 3 but 4 bugs fixed... And? What about the gameplay? Starcraft IS ballanced enough, but there are flaws. Like: these units are almost never used in a pro game: Scout, Queen, Wraith, Battlecruiser, Devourer, Valkyrie, Reaver. They should also do something about some abilities like: Optic Flare (have you ever seen anyone even researching this?), Feedback (almost never used), Ensnare (same as optic), Parasite, Broodling (rarely), Hallucination (not very often), Restoration, Mid Control (perhaps againist cap. ships, but there are cheaper and better counters)

So they should do something about these things IF they care about the community.

Warcraft: well i also use GUI since i had no time to try and learn jass (however i really want to learn it), but i think it's quite sucky and limited for spells, but enough for map triggers (though sometimes they leak, and by only using GUI, you cannot even fix this).

Blizzard: they have no current projects (WoW is done, only needs an exp, and Ghost is made by an other team), so they only have to do the patches. Is it so hard? Is it hard to ask the community what they need and try to make it? At least try!
Or are they working on a secret project? Then ANNOUNCE it! We are very curious!

I used to think of blizzard as the most community-friendly and overall the best game developer team, but they really ruined this image lately. I hope Blizzard will sometimes become as good as it was.

I also think it's a stupidity to make SC:Ghost a console only game. I'm a SC fan, i like the story and the game and i'm very disappointed that i will not know how the story continues. And will they ever release SC2? They are not even working on it i suppose... I think there won't be any SC2 at all.

Level 7
Chuckle Brother said:
Why does everyone dump on GUI? Sure it is badly coded JASS and it does leak but it is still a good startoff point for people. Not everyone can just sit down, read a tutorial and learn something. And like I said before, for many things JASS isn't even needed, it only really shines when it comes to doing spells, which is really a very small part of map making if the you really think about.

Cos JASS is better for everything, not only spells.

And btw, patch 1.19B is here.

Level 13
@Waldbär:
Yep, the Spellforce editor is crappy. But at least, it was never meant to be released to the public, it's just that so many people asked for it, so they decided to give it to the people.

Of course the spellforce-community is much smaller, but so is the developer team and the money Jowood can spare for their work. Some weeks ago a bankruptcy proceeding did start, but luckily that problem got solved.

In contrast to that, Blizzard has a lot more employees and I don't even wanna start to talk about their financial status. All in all, this discussion is more about the general behaviour towards the community, and this behaviour is getting worse every day.

Level 7
Blade.dk2 said:
Cos JASS is better for everything, not only spells.

No it isn't, JASS done WELL is better for every. But how many truly great JASS users are there? I have seen loads of JASS-done things that are crude and don't flow well at all. It really has little to do with what method you are using so much as the skills behind your work.

Level 12
lorothrigs said:
Vexorian said:
By the way blizz should thank me since I was the one that found and explained how to fix those compile error bugs in GUI

Wow, elite programer?

GUI relies on txt files on the mpq of an easy format (ini)

That's one of the reasons I say this patch is not really good, all the World Editor related fixes are easy fixes to txt files instead of additions/fixes to wc3/world editor engine.

Level 9
well Xelnaga as you hopefuly know im not good at explaining this some times fatal mistakes (mayby not fatal but close enough) i ment as in it doesnt realy seem like a proper new patch it is supposed to say 1.20 but i cant find any changes speaking of them doesn any one know what changed

Status
Not open for further replies.