• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"WC II Tides of Darkness" retold (2 Demo Maps included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Searching for people to work on a campaign re-telling the events of 'Tides of Darkness' in compliance with modern WC lore.

For people short on time, here are the pointers:

• Focus on current Lore.
  • Completely redesign missions with more variety and new objectives.
  • New Units to round off Gameplay
  • Providing a proper timeline for the missions and splitting it in two campaigns. Orc, then Human (more details below)

-Introduction:
On the Road to Reforged i decided to replay WCII and i'm sad to say that it just doesn't hold up Gameplay wise. But after rereading the Story of the Second War, I was sad to see that the story had no proper retelling in game, and no fleshed out fan made campaign either. So the past week I've been working on a basic Demo, but I won't be able to deliver the quality i want going solo.

-Lore:
'WCII, Tides of Darkness' suffers from having two parallel running campaigns, each leading to Ultimate Victory. Since then the lore has been fleshed out, and I'd like to represent that in this campaign.

-Not Remake, but completely Redesign:

The missions in WCII are, nicely put, bland...
I want to change that; new Map-Design, New Objectives and, most importantly, Variety.

-Rounding off Gameplay:

WCII lacks support units like Priests. This has to change.

-One streamlined Campaign, split in two parts progressing chronologically:

The Campaign of 'Tides of Darkness' has two story-lines progressing parallel, both leading to ultimate Victory.
In the Orc campaign, the Horde destroys the city of Lordaeron and defeats the alliance. This ending has been retconned.
Instead, with the betrayal of the Horde by Gul'dan, forces are taken away from the siege of Lordaeron, and the Alliance manages to push back the Horde all the way to the Dark Portal and closes it, thus ending the Second War.

I would like the Orc Campaign to end at Gul'dans betrayal and the Human Campaign take up from there and tell the push-back of the Horde and the closing of the Portal.

-Are you interested?

This is a large project and any help is welcome.
I'm looking for:
  • Story and dialogue writer and proof-reader
  • Map/Terrain Designer
  • Gameplay and Objective planner
  • AI maker
  • Scripter
If you fit any of these, or feel like you could contribute in other ways, feel free to respond.

-Demo (READ DISCLAMER):

This Demo is just a basic concept and NOT polished at all. It will contain Bugs, Typos, missing or wrong Tooltips/Icons and has not been balanced. It serves ONLY as an illustration for the basic concept and IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
In the included Demo I have two patchwork chapters of the Orc Campaign to serve as a VERY BASIC idea. It consists of the Chronological beginning of the Second War; The settling of Zul'dare and the Raid at Hillsbrad (rescue of Zul'jin).
They are saved in a custom campaign, so use accordingly.

Attachments

• Tides of Darkness (Demo).w3n
    12.4 MB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.