• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waygate on moving units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm making a rts type map, <i've been making it for a while> But i have a problem with one of my units. Its a siege ladder, but its more like a moving waygate.

I have a trigger an ability and a unit, Here's units ability field:

"Abilities - Normal waygate ability, Drop door"

ok?

Now the ability its based off of breath of fire, not much, no mana cost or effects/dmg and 350 range

The trigger:
  • Set siege ladder loc
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Open siege ladder
    • Actions
      • Animation - Add the Alternate animation tag to (Casting unit)
      • Neutral Building - Enable (Casting unit)
      • Neutral Building - Set (Casting unit) destination to (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to 0.00
      • Animation - Change (Casting unit) turn speed to 0.00
And another one
  • Siege ladder trained
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Siege tower
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Disable (Trained unit)
So as you see, i want it to be able to teleport units to the destanation. I've seen a spell like it in 3ICE's maze designer, but the waygate wasn't able to move.
Also, the unit is still able to move and turn <very slowly> is there i way i can do this without pausing the unit? and still allowing you to cast a spell to raise the bridge?

Level 16
About movement speed:

Make sure you enabled 0.00 movement speed in gameplay constants.

IMAGE:
attachment.php

If this doesn't work, create dummy unit to cast Entangling Roots on caster. Entangling roots block only movement.

Attachments

• PewPew.JPG
    PewPew.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.