• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waygate Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a question about the "Waygate Ability".
When I have a unit and add to this unit the "Waygate Ability" and also set ingame with "call WaygateSetDestination(unit,real,real)" the teleport-point of this unit, do I create then a "rect" at this position? (because in the options of the "Waygate Ability" you can set the "rect" size) And when the unit will be later removed will the "rect" which there is created be automaticly deleted? Also when I set a new destination point will the "rect" be moved or do it create a new "rect"?

"Waygate Ability"= 'Awrp'

Thanks for your time!

Edit: Rephrased

Last edited:
Level 40
Looked at it, the waygate uses Coordinates. It just grabs the center X/Y of the Rect defined at the start of the map (if you have one), then forgets about the rect altogether. Thus, you don't need a rect. You can get where it's pointing to via WaygateGetDestinationX and WaygateGetDestinationY.

Status
Not open for further replies.