• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I am looking for help creating a water system. It will be like an aquifer. The picture attached will explain what I am trying to do but I will also write out what I am trying to do.

The first aqueduct in the system must be built near a water supply or another aqueduct. You build on this so you can build farms away from the water. Each aqueduct can be destroyed cutting off the water.

The water can only travel in one direction so that if the aqueduct is destroy the water remaining in the other ones continues on down the line so you might not notice the destroyed aqueduct for awhile. If anyone can help me with this please post here.

Attachments

• water.JPG
    water.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Level 13
Wait so you want 2 make water move in 1 direction if so you cant do that with normal WE water but you can do it with waterfallz YAY.

Level 6
What you have to use is a recursive structure that continuously cycles through the aqueducts linking to the water, and then finding the aqueducts linked to those. That way, any aqueducts that aren't linked aren't selected, and then it's easy to find which farms are in proximity to a linked aqueduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.