• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Water problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm using JassNewGenPack so I don't know what setting it's at(No limits enabled)

PS I"m a newb to jass pack other than it's preference settings.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I'm using JassNewGenPack so I don't know what setting it's at(No limits enabled)
Not accustomed to JNGP myself, but AFAIK it just injects its own code into the editor framework to add more functionality, so the editor's native shorthand shouldn't be affected. I'm guessing you should still be able to force enable water height limits with CTRL+Shift+W. If you've actually tried and it doesn't work still, I can move this thread to WEHZ where you may be able to get better help.

Level 9
I'll try it with no limits disabled, then we'll see thank you for the suggestion though

Edit: go ahead with the thread move, I couldn't fix it on my own.

Last edited:
Level 10
Copy and past terrain where it does look correct.

its more of a work around than a fix, because it will distort terain around the effected area, but with enough CnP you can fix this problem. I've had it in many of my playable maps.

Level 9
Copy and past terrain where it does look correct.

its more of a work around than a fix, because it will distort terain around the effected area, but with enough CnP you can fix this problem. I've had it in many of my playable maps.

how can I copy and paste terrain it sounds cool but I don't know how to do that :vw_death:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No idea, I currently manually extract the W3E file using MPQEdit. Then I run it through a hackly made Java program which reads in the file, sets the water flag for all nodes and writes out the file. Finally I manually import the file back into the map using MPQEdit.

The MPQ manipulation part could be also done inside the hacky Java program if people made a decent service provider for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.