• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warsong's Kalimdor Defense

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map updated 8.4.2016

Map Info
Simple solo altered melee game where you have to defend 13 waves of human/night elf enemies. Playing as Grom Hellscream, together with 2 custom ally heroes - Orc Warlock and an Ogre Champion this game can help you waste some time while trying to win it :D

Features
- 13 levels
- New units: Ogre Magi and Orc Warlock
- Ally bases have custom heroes
- Each building has reduced building time
- Each wave of enemies spawns every 2 min (pretty fast game)
- Boosted lvl ups, for example you get +6 agi per lvl instead of 1.80
- Easy gameplay

Screenshots

246274-albums8801-picture107280.png

246274-albums8801-picture107281.png

Tips
- Build some towers or send some units to ally bases to prevent them from being overwhelmed (this can be done on higher lvls, because they can defend first levels easy)
- Equip Grom with items from shop
- If you plan to make a lot of towers, be sure to hire a goblin shredder

Change log:
8.4.2016 v3- Fixed Last level (Illidan comes after Jaina dies.)
- Made last 3 levels a bit harder

Keywords:
art of defense warsong clan castle defense altered melee campaign
Contents

Warsong's Kalimdor Defense (Map)

Reviews
2016-04-10 Rufus Moderation Note What you need to do: Add a decent description. As it is now, it is not very attractive. Optionally, It could also use some additional information, as all the potential downloader have to read is a ummmary of the...

M

2016-04-10
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
What you need to do:
Add a decent description.
As it is now, it is not very attractive. Optionally, It could also use some additional information, as all the potential downloader have to read is a ummmary of the gameplay, and a feature list.
I don't think you will attract any players with a description like that.
With a nicer looking description it might just become more attractive for people to download and try it out.

If you need information on how to create a proper description, check this out.

Extra note: I didn't check the map out his time, but you should know that all the things I pointed out in my previous comment should be fixed before updating the map again. If all things aren't fixed or you haven't fixed something without giving a reason for not fixing it, the map will eventually be rejected, as I don't want to check out the map everytime the author makes a tiny improvement. If you wish to update your map more frequently, you should post it in the map development forum.

Until a good description is provided, this maps status is set to Awaiting Update.

02:31, 8th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
DUTY OF RS;2809599 said:
Stop rushing maps, they are good in concept but its way too hard!
He is right. You are rushing maps and do not finish them. Instead you start working on another one. You need to focus on one of your maps, instead of uploading a new one when you change the concept slighlty. Normally, it would be ok to do this, but as you have been uploading three defence maps that doesn't differ to much from each other, you need to select one of them, and develop that one more.

I have already given you some tips on the elven map, but you didn't update it. Instead you uploaded a new map. You shouldn't work like this in the long run as you upload resources you might never finish. For now, work on one of your already uploaded resources, recieve feedback, look them over yourself, and fix as many things as you can.

I am going to set all your current maps to Awaiting Update. Select one of them and work hard with that one. As soon as that one gets approved, you can contine develop the other maps, even thoough I would recommend even then (unless it gets a 5/5 rating) that you continue develop that map. It is better to have one good map instead of many unfinished and unrefined maps.

Note: Ardenians comment is still relevant; You need to update the description.

Level 5
Well i downloaded this map but when i put this map in map folder and run Warcraft 3: TFT i don't find it then i tried in RoC but i seen same picture i can't play your map please fix it some how. :confused:

I have no idea what could cause this problem, i downloaded map and tried it on roc/tft and i can play it on both... :confused:

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I have no idea what could cause this problem, i downloaded map and tried it on roc/tft and i can play it on both... :confused:

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Might be too long map name, try to shorten it

Level 26
I suggest you focus on working on one of the maps you have uploaded so far. I have already given you some tips on the elven map. As the maps are pretty similiar you should settle for one and develop it until it is good enough to be approved and then continue worrking on more alternatives like this one.

Level 12
Well what to say?
I really like the concept of the map!
(I love Defence maps.)
But this was an cool idea and such.
The only thing is that its WAAYYY to hard. I even cheated on my third attempt with greedisgood 1000. And i came to round 7...
So try making it easlier because this way to hard.

I would also recommend using custom skins/models as it would be a lot cooler!

But for now i give you 2.5/5.
Voting for; Awaiting for Fix

Level 5
Well what to say?
I really like the concept of the map!
(I love Defence maps.)
But this was an cool idea and such.
The only thing is that its WAAYYY to hard. I even cheated on my third attempt with greedisgood 1000. And i came to round 7...
So try making it easlier because this way to hard.

I would also recommend using custom skins/models as it would be a lot cooler!

But for now i give you 2.5/5.
Voting for; Awaiting for Fix

Thank you for your review. I dont know why, but i have won this game first time as i played it. Few towers and few units are enough, since grom becomes very powerful when he lvl ups.
And reason why i am not importing custom skins and such is because i like roc more than tft. Could you explain what type of fix this game needs? I dont want to make it very easy, you just need to get better :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Please add a change log to the map description so we can read what you changed.

Level 12
You: I dont want to make it very easy, you just need to get better.

You dont know how good i am at all.
You said you completed it on your first attempt. But didn't you also make the map? :vw_unimpressed:
Logic? -.-

I did cheat 1.000 lumber and gold, and i built 4 towers and a lot of units.
Still, it didn't work.
But, i check it on the WE and you haven't changed ANYTHING, so you simply made the plain terrain and some triggers, thats all.

"Just an quick reminder; To make an 3/5 star map you need to put over 6-7 months of full love into the map, unless you are an proffesional at what you are doing and you dont go to school/job." What im saying is, use a lot of time on a map rather than rushing and making another one. If i gonna make an hero with normal spells etc, i might use over 1 hour to make him perfect.""

Balance the map or i vote for: Rejection.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

DUTY OF RS, please calm down.
If there are issues with the map, the moderation team finds them.
As you can see, Rufus agreed with you on the difficulty
and the map is set to Awaiting Update, so there is no need
to sharpen the swords and call for war.

Level 5
Duty, im pretty bad in melee games, thats why im curious you cant make it. I made the map, but that doesnt mean anything, i just massed towers and made few units, maxed grom with agi items from shop, thats all + i cant play very good because some of my keys on laptop are not working so :D..

EDIT: and for the map, i made both maps in 2days of being sick, thats why they are not very sort of quality and i am not very good in editor either. I already asked rufus for help on his profile, you guys want me to balance the map but you have not ever told me what exactly i have balance to, and even if you want me to do things i dont know (on editor) i cant really do that. But i agree with other orc defense map, it is not possible to win it. I already asked one mod to remove it, he told me to not update it, thus it will be invisible.
But this one.. seems its normal difficult, if you repeat it im more than sure you will win it.

Level 12
Hey Fury.
If you are bad and won on first attempt i wonder what i am! :p
[I Rarerly play melee games, but im actualy in progress of making one.]

So you made 2 maps in 2 days? 1 map each day i bet?
I would suggest you to use a bit more time than that next time. :p

You said: I made the map, but that doesnt mean anything.
My answear: I might have said this earlier but. You placed each tree in this game, you made each unit in this game, you made all the triggers in this game, you know excatly whats going to happend after 5 mins of in-game time since you made it.

Also you said: you guys want me to balance the map but you have not ever told me what exactly i have balance to, and even if you want me to do things i dont know (on editor) i cant really do that.
My answear: Why do you even make maps then if you dont know anything. You need too know how to change the HP (HitPoints) and armor for units (Like Wood Armor, Heavy armor, Divine armor etc.) Thats an must.

I could help you with terrain, but i dont know if you can handle the rest of it.
I could make from the poorest terrain to one of the best terrains, it all requires an X armount of time, like poor terrain takes 12 hours on an medium map size. The best terrain can take up to 3-4 months of hard working each day to make it perfect on a medium map size.

But for now i suggest you to read about the World Editor Tutorial and such things.
Or just search it on Youtube.
Have a nice day! Duty out.