• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Warmello Majesty. BETA release #4 available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Warmello Majesty-logo.png

Download: Warcraft Majesty.w3x (BETA release #4)

Update 15/04/2019: A couple of bugs fixed. Trying to get a very stable version before developing the last features left.
Update 21/04/2019: Bug fixing. Added Royal Declarations.
Update 28/04/2019: Tested multiplayer. Crucial bugs fixed. Some issues were found that I have yet not found the cause, but they do not happen always and as I fixed other bugs were less recurrent :rolleyes:. Multiplayer is currently not stable, but it can be played (of course, a lot of content remains undone)
Update 07/05/2019: Added Patrol units, some clan abilities and new Spirit Stone victory. Bug fixing

Unfinished trailer (all the blank spaces are going to be gameplay footage)

BETA Gameplay footage :cool:

As you may see, the game is STABLE :D. Of course, a lot of polishing is needed (for example, one of the things you can see is that it is really hard for Heroes to level up :confused:). But it is overall working properly :)

Abstract:
The King of Warmello has fallen ill of a mysterious dark disease. The illnes slowly consumes his body and soul, leading him to madness. In response, the 3 Clans from Warmello rise their Heroes to take the Throne of the Realm.

In this world, you are the monarch of one of the 3 present Clans. Your loyal Heroes, some more than others, are at your service, but they have their own ideas on how things must be done. Your Heroes will decide what they will do and when, allowing you to influence them using monetary incentives.

Winning conditions:
Heroes can claim the throne in their clan's name in several ways. The first player to satisfy any of the following conditions is declared the victor, ending the game.

• Combat Victory: Directly challenging the King and surviving the battle will grant you the victory. Be careful, as attacking the King will strip you of almost all Prestige!
  • Prestige Victory: Be the Player with most Prestige when the king finally dies from the illness.
  • Spirit Stone Victory: If you manage to collect X Spirit Stones, you may banish the King without initiating a battle.

Hero behaviour:
Players take the role of "the sovereign", placing buildings and recruiting units as in other real-time strategy titles. Individual units ("heroes"), however, are semi-autonomous; each has their own statistics and inventory and interact with the game world according to unit-specific AIs. The player can influence the actions of hero units by placing bounties on particular actions, such as exploring an area or defeating a specific enemy unit, using a variety of "flags". They also supply heroes with equipment and other items via trade buildings, which both improves the hero's abilities and allows the player to recoup the money heroes have gained from flags and defeated enemies.
Heroes may even change from Clan if other Clans (Players) offer them better equipment and more suculent mission bounties, so keep their wallets satisfied!

Features:
Map composition:

XMgUDKy.jpg

• 5 point stars: Clan Headquarter
  • 4 pint stars: Solo Hero Headquarter
  • Center arrow: Castle of the Mad King
  • Bang Icon: Creep Camp
  • Yellow Circle: Trade Route
  • Heart: Fountain of Health

Castle of the Mad King:
y268Qvn.jpg

Where the King will stay until one of his Great Towers is destroyed. Royal Guards will spawn here and then wander around the map during daylight, fulfilling the King wishes (just hope he is in good relation with you)

Creep Camp:
W25BnIB.jpg

This buildings will produce creeps if they are not destroyed. Creeps will hold their position at day and attack Trade Routes and Clan Headquarters at night.

Trade Route:
IeUXkqc.png

Trade Routes increase your income. It is a good idea to capture (and keep) as most as you can.

Fountain of Health:
MGz6gky.png

One Fountain of Health will spawn a Spirit Stone at Night. You can try to get it to your Headquarter (but the other Clans will want it too)

At the beginning of the game, you will spawn with your Clans HQ and its respective Worker. All Clans will have the same buildings available to build:
-Altar: To spawn Heroes of your Clan
-Market: Gives income and enables equipment research, which can then be sold to Heroes.
-Farm/Barrack/Moon well: Increase your income.
-Forge: Enables equipment production (weapons and armor)
-Inn: Enables Heroes from other Clans to join yours
-Cesspit: Increase the amount of Food available. Be careful, as evil creatures come from them.
-Cementery: Here you will be able to Revive your slain Heroes. Keep an eye open, evil creatures roam its surroundings.
-Defense Tower.

Each day, each Clan will hear three different rumours: one involving a Spirit Stone, other a powerful unique Hero, and other of a mighty Object.
The player will then choose which of these rumours to investigate, and will get the information on how to get the involved reward.

This short term objectives are called Quests, and are part of the Adventure system of the game. They will provide with powerful rewards that can influence your claim of the throne.

If you successfully complete the Hero's X Quest the X+1 quest will be a "Key" to remove a Royal Tower automatically and force the King to get out of the Castle (if he wasnt already), so that they can challenge the King (either in Combat or with Spirit Stones) if they so desire.

As you complete Quests, the details and results are captured in your Quest Log.

This will bring life to the game, the Adventures being to destroy a Custom Camp randomly generated on the map, defeat an enemy custom unit that is roaming the realm, protect a group of Merchants travelling to a Market, and so on. This way, Warmello will constantly change, unpredictably, with custom units roaming, custom camps being set, merchants travelling acroos the Kingdom, etc.

Each morning, the Mad King will take advice from the player with most Prestige. This player may choose one of 2 options (as Royal Guards attacking a Player, enhancing creep camps, deploying robbers on the kingdom, etc.) the King will offer and implement, that will change the course of the game, giving the consulted Player some advantage against the others (as he will choose the option that most benefits him).

Players may choose to be a solo Hero, more powerful than the regular AI controlled ones. This player will share the objective of taking the throne, and may complete available missions offered by Clans, and buy items sold in their markets.

How to place Missions:

Your Clan Head Quarter is of Great importance. It provides the tools to stablish bounties on targets that your Heroes will try to claim. The procedure to place a Bountie is the following:

1) Choose if the target will be a Point or a Unit.
2) Choose the order (Attack , Defend or Explore)
3) Assign a reward.

Heroes will then take action, evaluating the available missions and rewards, determining which will be their path in the Realm.

Release:
Coming on this first half of the current year (it is almost finished). Be adviced, BETA release will be only in spanish (my native language). All releases will be unprotected, so if by any reason I leave the game without translation, anyone can do it.

Download: Warcraft Majesty.w3x (BETA release #4)

Update 15/04/2019: A couple of bugs fixed. Trying to get a very stable version before developing the last features left.
Update 21/04/2019: Bug fixing. Added Royal Declarations.
Update 28/04/2019: Tested multiplayer. Crucial bugs fixed. Some issues were found that I have yet not found the cause, but they do not happen always and as I fixed other bugs were less recurrent :rolleyes:. Multiplayer is currently not stable, but it can be played (of course, a lot of content remains undone)
Update 07/05/2019: Added Patrol units, some clan abilities and new Spirit Stone victory. Bug fixing

I have gotten a little exhausted with this project. I am going to leave it to rest for a couple of weeks (it was a little bit over my capabilities as an amateur not so experienced world edit user o_O)

Expected features as of 06/2019:
-Progress on Adventure system.
-New items.
-New unique items.
-New unique Heroes.
-New custom events.

Remaining features:
-Solo Hero option.
-Drops when destroying Creep Camps and Dark beasts for your Clan
-Item drops from creeps, that Heroes may pick up.

There are a few more Features that remain to be done, but as the Core of the game, this is what is left to do.

:)

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-26_5-51-43.png
    upload_2019-3-26_5-51-43.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • upload_2019-3-26_6-8-42.png
    upload_2019-3-26_6-8-42.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • upload_2019-3-26_6-8-59.png
    upload_2019-3-26_6-8-59.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • Warcraft Majesty.w3x
    959.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 11
Al fin, otro hablante de español.
Of course, there are not many Spanish speakers in Hive. (In fact, I only know three besides you and myself) So I can help you
I'm pretty interested in this project, so count on me. Consider me a beta tester.
When you finish, send me PM and I will taste it with pleasure. In addition, keep in mind that, until you have translated the entire map, you can not upload it in the Maps section, or you will be disqualified by a non-English language

Level 39
I really liked the sound of this in your flag thread, and would be interested in playtesting it as well. I had a similar mechanic (for autonomous neutral AI that have specific personalities/goals/strategies you have to entice to do what you want) in mind for a map I never made so I'm curious how this one turns out. I speak a very small amount of spanish. Good luck!

Level 3
Well, the map has reached some stability, without huge bugs (at least with the Human race which was the one I tested).

You can test it on your own! post your complaints hehe, expect loads of bugs

EDIT: Alliance system was not working (I didnt even test it, it wasnt very complex) and switched your allyance status without doing anything. I will try and fix it today and upload the map again

Last edited:
Level 3
Fixed alliance bug and bug that didnt allow neither orcs or elfs build anything (lol sorry)

EDIT: Fixed more bugs related to diplomacy. Sorry I didnt test it very much.

EDIT 2 and 3: Fixed bugs related to missions and decision making for heroes.

EDIT 4: Basic item system provided, hero leveling and some abilities auto cast. Flag system is working stunningly! (at last :confused:)

Last edited:
Level 3
Beta release #2: Updated the map file, with a lot of bug fixing and the additions of abililties and items (a few, but there they are)

What remains to be done?
1) Royal Declarations. Royal declarations will keep the game changing with custom events.

2) Adventure system. This one is of great importance. Progress in the adventures will unlock new items to be researched and give unique rewards to players. Also, will make the base game change, with custom events happening.

Of course, special effects and sounds will be added, for example:
- when a Hero buys an item (coins and sound)
- a Mission is completed
- floating text on Heroes like they say some stuff sometimes ("I am getting out of here", "For the Horde", "No way! too expensive" and that sort)

Level 3
Beta release #3 available. Gameplay footage released :cool:

Request:
People to test it in the coming weeks. The game mechanics are really simple and can be easily learnt as it uses mostly the default units of warcraft, but it still is in spanish. I have no trouble on having some english speaker testing, it is easy to explain (and I am great at english ;) :p)

Last edited:
Level 3
BETA #4
Added Patrol units, some clan abilities and new Spirit Stone victory.

Some bug fixing.

I could not test it very much in multiplayer, but it still has bugs :eek:

I have gotten a little exhausted with this project. I am going to leave it to rest for a couple of weeks (it was a little bit over my capabilities as an amateur not so experienced world edit user o_O)

Level 11
Oh Gods, I've forgotten all this. I have done a fast revision, but you've solved so many bugs that I must play It from zero. Also, I have no problem helping you with that lacking things. Neither an I a very experimented one with WE, but I spend my time making bosses and heroes for fun (in fact, i think that some bossfights will help this map).
Edit: Well, I was playing your map, and it has clearly improved. I can't see it in the changelog, but you have added a caster IA for heroes. I didn't found the other two adventures (only the stones) or how to create a unique hero. I have to say that this IA is great.
Edit 2: Okey, I've finished it.
-I killed the King on singleplayer (There wasn't a victory message, I just stayed in cinematic mode), and I think that bossfight can be improved. The spells are good, but using three Mountain Kings with stun it was very easy (spell immunity, or Silence would be great), and slow, being the king has 45000 HP. When he was at 3500, being my heroes at max life, they went to the base, when no one was attacking me.
-My heroes delay a lot giving me the stone, and, being It in base, the quest never dissapeared.
-I don't understand the ranges updates. Are you thinking on add ranged heroes like the forest keeper? It isn't a bad idea...
-I still not found the clan choice option. You can use Buttons at the start of the map, an elegant and easy option.
-Destroy the towers is pretty easy. I think no one will choose pick all the stones.
I hope you mantain in this project. I really see a good future on it. Are you thinking to make it Reforged?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.