• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warlords of Chaos - Loading Screen for 2.x (pretty epic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I was bored one morning..or was it a afternoon?...any was.. I made this image for the loading screen on one of my maps... Whatcha guys think?
Made in cs3.
oh and This is for my game/map for wc3 TFT called "Warlords of Chaos" v2.x
(Why did i mention the version number? Version 3.x is planned to not take place in hell, but instead take place in a more green area, so the loading screen will be more 'tribal' and jungle like)
Warlords_of_Chaos_by_10thDayGames.png

Level 3
Because your desperatly trying to make us interested in your map by advertising with a half finished loading screen.
Naw it is finish (to save space).

also to the other posts, I did the brush work, but the background (the red texture) is made by blizzard but edited by me.

Level 3
I know. Problem is the background needs to be four .tga files (I do my loading screen the blizzard way) so each one is around 700kb. To save space BL and BR (the bottom half) are made into 1x1 black pixels and get stretched..I save 1400kb and it still looks nice...

Level 3
Would it work if you try to optimize it and/or save it as a .GIF file and then eventually convert it to a .TGA/BLP file?
Nope, that would just make it look bad.
But if you save it as a 24-bit TGA is stays at a good file size..

Status
Not open for further replies.