• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map on the Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey all, has anyone here tried replicating the original WarCraft III maps that are on the loading screens? I'm remaking a WarCraft 2 campaign I made when I was eight, and I'm considering making a realistic map of the one I drew then, complete with Folkard font and everything.

My question is, are there any resources out there to make this any easier? Are there downloadable symbols for towns, camps, and 'X' indicators, etc.? Templates? Has anyone done anything similar to this before?

Any information is appreciated. In case you're not clear what type of "map" I'm referring to, here is an example.

Level 22
If you look into Blizzard loading screens in the MPQ, you will see that those are actually composed of separate layers. You can extract the textures containing only the symbols.

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.