• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warleader - Master of the Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
PLAYTESTERS , BRAINSTORMERS needed for

the "Warleader - Master of the Realm" gameplay mod project

See project thread here for an overview of the project.

Current team: alext
Previous members: Beland, Spitfire112, ZIR

Open positions:

Playtesting

A.I. Coding

Unit and hero design

Mapping

Sound

Task descriptions and requirements:

For all positions, reasonable English is mandatory for communication with the team.

Playtesting
Play the game, look for bugs, exploits and obvious imbalances, share replays with the rest of the team.
Requires that you be able to play any version of the map and make game replays available to the team. B-net access is not required but would help a lot.

Balancing
Play the game with other human players to ensure that player skill is the deciding factor of games, not their choice of faction, hero, start location or what not. Requires that you be able to play any version of the map and make game replays available to the team. Battle.net access is required. Experience with developing mods for Warcraft3 or any other computer game will greatly help.

A.I. Coding
Implement an AI that can play decently this mod. The AI is only meant to be something for new players to try the mod a few times and become familiar with the gameplay. Experience making AIs is not required as long as you are willing to learn.

Unit and Hero design
Hero themes, Hero abilities, unit stats and special abilities. This includes implementing your own ideas. Of course, the rest of the team helps as much as they can, but ultimately your ideas are your responsability.

Mod Engine
This mod pretty much pushes the Warcraft 3's engine to do things it was not meant to do at all. The engine is mostly written in jass, with some vJass used for specific functions.

General Triggering
Implement and debug general purpose triggers and triggered abilities. Experience with Jass is not required, although it certainly makes life easier.

Visual Art - Modelling and textures
So far, only minor changes to models are needed, but this will probably change as the project progresses.

Map making - terrain etc
Examples of previous work will be appreciated. Ability to play the maps on B-net and fix imbalance issues as they come up will greatly help.

Sound
Some units in game have few sounds or none at all, also some others have sounds that don't fit too well with their theme. Not a game breaker but would be a nice touch if everything sounded well.

Whatever
If you can make a contribution to this project in some way I haven't thought of, please post in this thread or PM me.

Required information
If you want to be a part of this project, please specify the following information
- approximately how much time a week you think you could spend on this
- approximately when you could be available to communicate in real time or play with other team members

Last edited:
Level 3
Can help, im just a GUI coder, but is more then willingly to learn jass, otherwise, i could just code the spells. I will help as Alpha-Tester, and maybe brainstormer if you need. Could add me as all-round, just not AI

Reactions: ZIR
Level 7
need AI maker and Terrainer

We have most tasks covered except the two:

AI - no one of us has done this before so you would have a free hand

Terrain - we are inexperienced in the field, so the terrain would be at your discretion.

Contact me by PM if you would like to try any of these

Cheers

Level 3
I am a terrainer, i've done alot of templates alone, but have yet not finished any maps :/ if you can provide the material, im more than happy to help if you find my small templates fit. Contact me

Reactions: ZIR
Status
Not open for further replies.