• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I love both Warhammer and Warcraft, however I always think the former is really annoying to set-up, gather the players and takes a good day (at least!) to be of any real point.

So I considered the idea of making a wc3 map with the exact (or near enough) turn-based gameplay of Warhammer fantasy battles.

This would hopefully include the following + more:

-> Accurate unit choices/customization

-> As close to the real turn-based warhammer rules as possible

-> Same army organization charts (core, special, rare etc...)

-> Random (represents dice rolls) hit/wound determination.

-> Accurate Deployment

However this is just an idea, and I will assure you that I do not have the skills with the editor to this all by myself, if any of it.

So i'm looking for replies concerning a few things:

1. is anyone interested in either contributing to such a project, or even being the design leader.

2. Is this possible in the normal WE? I think so, it will be bloody difficult and a long time in the making but I think it can work, do you + what problems we will need to overcome.

3. Is it generally a worthwhile idea? My thoughts are that it will allow people to play warhammer without all the tedious army painting and hours of writing lists/setting the table up and of course buying the way overpriced models (That's my opinion, I know plenty of people will think the price is fine - so don't flame me about it).

- Now don't get me wrong I love warhammer and the painting and modelling, but sometimes it would be nice just to be able to set up and play within 5mins, this will be no substitution for the game (Obviously...) but I think its a cool idea!

*4*. The BIGGEST problem, I know Games-Workshop have some kind of terms and conditions stating that you are not allowed to publish model points online (the cost of including them in an army) does anyone know if this includes stats as well?

E.g. weapon skill, leadership and movement???

And either way - is their something we can do to get round this?

Any ideas, suggestions and criticism is more than welcome, as long as the latter is constructive :hohum:

Level 15
i'd be happy to see warhammer map, really =))

i doubt Games Workshop will ever be concerned about a WC3 map using their concepts/ideas/features =))) after all, it is just a bit more advertisment to them =))

it is surely possible in WE. also, i think most of the models you may need are on hive already

Level 20
Thanks for the reply! :grin:

I was beginning to think none would come! :zip:

Your right about models for a normal warhammer map, e.g. winds of magic - but for a complete conversion of the tabletop game you would need a base model and either different variants or compatible attachments...

so you could for e.g. with Orcs & Goblins

Orc Boyz can be equipped with two choppas (swords), one sword and shield, just one sword or spears and shields.

This would obviously look pretty wierd if the models were completely different... however I guess its not physically problematic, it would just look better.

But :cool: thankyou ever so much - I'm also glad you think it possible with WE, that means i'm not alone! :)

Would you want to take part in any production of it? Or are you just supporting the idea?

:cute: Thanks again! (+ rep!)

Level 20
Hey thats great =D ANY help is appreciated!

EDIT: Its not the games workshop theme/ideas i was concerned about them disliking the us of, it's the point system, as Games-Workshop are really touchy about people publishing them as this could lead to people not buying codexes/army books!

EDIT 2: Something I'd kill for right now is a name for the project, warcraft warhammer or warhammer warcraft... isn't very attractive or appealing :/ and I suck at names x(

Level 15
"Warhammer: Reign of Chaos" =DDD btw, kinda in-theme =DD

although "Warhammer: The Frozen Throne" is more up to date =DD

or maybe WarCraftHammer? or WarHammerCraft?

on a serious note:
Warhammer: The Craft of War

can't think of anything else with reference to warcraft =/
but i don't think it's necessary to have the word "warcraft" in the name
smth like "Warhammer: Fury of Khorne" or "Warhammer: Crusade of Sigmar" would work just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.