• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
My project is being lazy. Only thing I'm doing is helping Misha with his campaign and thats about 2 hours of work a week.

Level 10
Well, in DoW2 I got a 3 Predators PANZER BATTALION!!! =D
Not many, but better than the usual 2 in DoW1... :p

My favourite unit are... ow, that's a difficult question! I like them all! Well, when it comes to choose, I choose tactical space marines: good in hand to hand and effective special weapons: they saved my other troops against vehicles with their RLs many times. ^^
Talking about heroes, besides the fact I, again, like them all three equally, I usually play as Techmarine or Force Commander: I like playing defensive but I also like FC in termie suit! =D

BTW, imho IG is just what a Company-of-Heroes-Based-game needs... also, what do you think its heroes would be? I'd say: General, Techpriest and Commissar (but I also think that they'd add a 4th hero in an expansion... c'mon, where's the Librarian, Relic? =P).

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I quickly got tired of dow2, played it for a few days when i had time, but the game is way to easy and there are too strong counters. Playing eldar is usually always game win, the falcon beats razorback and the wartrukk without much effort, the guardians get grenades that usually takes care of tactical or devestators, banshees are good counter against heavy weaponry and vehicles, wraithlord gets brightlance so it pwn´s dreadnaught. Then theres the fire prism, beat a predator 1v1, hell of a survival rate. Warlock combined with rangers early game usually spells the end for most players. Not mentioning all the destructive abilities they get and finaly nids can´t do squat without the carnifex...elder used to be least picked race besides tau and orks...

Level 10
Easy? Easy???? D=
Did you play against human players? Otherwise, which AI level do you use? DoW 2 isn't easy... it may be simplier than DoW1, but not easier.
And, about the Eldars... I've fought against them many times and, with a good weapons placing, good tactics and well cohordinated attacks you can own them like they'd do with the same things.

-Falcon VS Razorback? Who the hell sent a Razorback against it? Razorback is meant for infantry support even more than Falcons: that's because it has Smoke Launchers.
-Guardians with grenades? Good, SMs have grenades with Scouts. And they can be invisible.
-Try teaming up 2 heavy weapons teams... Banshees cost too much (and cost energy) while Devastators (for example) are less expensive.
-I'm not really sure about this but Fire Prisms are more expensive than Predators.
-Warlock and rangers... what about Apothecary and Scouts?
-Every race has destructive powers.
-'Nids must use commanders along with their troops. Using troops without commander support is useless.

My ideas and tastes, of course. There's surely some ironing to do with balance (for example some counters are wayyyyy too strong) but I don't think the factions are SUCH unbalanced... ^^

P.S.: in DoW2 you can choose between 3 commanders/heroes.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Come to think of it, the original dow1 unpatched was also sort of like this, so i hope in future patches and expansion everything will change, cause its boring everyone can be countered and the counter is way to powerful, i´ve really gotten tired of the game already which is sad, me being such a fan of the warhammer universe.

Level 11
Yeah its cuz you played it 5 minutes. A tipical charge with a lot of units will kill a computer yes, but thry playing against a hunam player.

Status
Not open for further replies.