• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40,000: The Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
"...Have something I can use to cut it up? I'm not even going to pretend I'm strong enough to drag that thing through the water."
She pulled off her power fist and wrist-mounted Storm Bolter, then started removing the armor itself so she could get into the lake.
OOC: -Yes-, she is wearing clothing under her armor.

Level 10
Amand looked at the pilot and nodded. The Ship itself was losing power and quickly. The Pilot spoke, "Uhh, we are going to mostly like have turbulence and then crash."
Amand shook his head and the rest of the Astrates on the assault ram rolled their eyes or shook their heads.
The Pilot pulled the Assault Boat up. The Pilot never liked these assault boats. They always had a problem with their damn engines. But he saw a Valkyrie on the ground of the swamp. The pilot couldn't find a good landing zone. "Uhh First Knight, I shall try to land on that unjungled area." Immedately the pilot set the ship down and the last engine went down. "Oh crap."
The ship bolted as it fell towards the ground. it rammed the earth and the hull still stayed intact.
The pilot eyes were wide open. "Damn sir we landed barely."
Amand nodded his head. "Nice job pilot. You didn't kill us all. Brothers open that damn ramp."
The 2 astrates bended the metal of the hull and shook their heads. The Battle Brother with the powerfist laughed and pushed the ramp and it flew off.
The Astrates ran out and started to cover each other.

Level 19
The surface got in sight of the men sitting inside and they cheered loudly. The only one silent was Aman, who had closed his eyes behind his helmet and relaxed. Suddenly he looked up again and glared at the planet surface. Meh, it was good enough. Though, the question errupted in his mind -- who controlled this thing actually? The space he was in was closed off except for two doors and a few windows. The pilot would be gloriously awarded, that was for sure. Aman looked at his marines and concluded that all was fine.. for now. What awaited them down there could be avoided. Moving, splitting up, false tracks.. everything. They would probably stay here for a while, if only to investigate the planet.

Level 9
Allain cracked his neck once on each side. "I should be able to move the main bulk, briefly at least, so you can manage to ease the desired parts out into the open. At least we can find some plating to fix the hull of the Valkyrie." He put his power axe into a clip on the back of his armor, a smaller servo-arm unfolding from a hidden section of the suit and then curling up around the weapon and forming a crude sheath. "Be wary.. I'm starting to think we're not alone." He pointed out towards the lake where a group of dark shapes was moving through the shallows and moving into the wooded hills north of them. "Keep close.. should we wait and let them continue, or kill them now and risk worse things?" He glared out and watched the dark shapes. "My creed and my service dictates that I pursue and purge them all with the holy symbol of my bolter, but we have a greater task and we shouldn't squander this chance to continue on our task."

He scanned around, and shrugged, the expression made huge but un-threatening in his massive ceramite armor. "Make a choice, sister."

Level 8
"I believe we should fix this craft first. If we can do that, we should be able to use it to find other survivors. If there are any left."

Level 9
"Very well." He turned his back and began to stumble away towards the lake, his foot dragging behind him. He cocked and held his bolter up on guard, then nodded as he scanned about for targets. "Clear, sister." He continued on towards the lake. "There's the wreck. From the Reliant, too." He frowned a little as he looked over the almost pathetic shard of the proud ship jutting from the waters. "The water looks to be shallow over there, we can carry out the pieces there."

As he said this, he walked back towards the Valkyrie. Straining, he attempted to lift a section of it that was half-buried in the earth. The muscles on his neck bulged to a point as he struggled... and the dropship came loose as he tugged. Slowly, he dragged the Valkyrie out and released it almost ten feet after. He shuddered with strain as he stopped to regain his strength.

Last edited:
Level 8
Naesha dove into the lake and began retrieving what bits of wreckage she could so that Allain had something to work with.

Level 10
Amand Cracked his neck and spoke into the vox. "Any Imperials in the Area? We have landed and we have no wounded but our ship is destroyed. Though for once The Pilot finally survived."
(guys I can't think of anything else to do.)

Level 9
Allain heard the crackling & distorted voice of a space marine through the vox, and coughed as he spoke into his vox bead. "Brother, this is Techmarine Torgamund. My companion and I survived the landfall, but our transport is crippled and we are moving to repair it. What is your location?" He looked down and eyed a small screen inset into his wrist, a map of sorts. Coughing again, he spoke into the vox again and repeated their coordinates in accepted Imperial and Marine code. "Acknowledge, brother?

Level 10
"Copy, we have just set up a small location, we need to build an encampment to reassess the problems that have occurred. We shall get your area immedately." Spoke Amand.
The Five marines and the 3 pilots started to walk towards the directions given to them. The four marines circled their Leader in order to insure he was not killed.
(Guys I will not be able to write for another week)

Level 9
Allain looked back to Naesha. "On the Reliant, a librarian from an another Space Marine order came aboard, the purpose of which I am unsure. Moments before we lost the vessel, I saw the librarian and my old squad escape the doomed ship in one of our assault ships." He shrugged. "We'd better hurry and get this boat at one-hundred percent." With that, he strode over to where the battle sister worked and shouldered a large section of what would have been protective shielding for a tank-sized nova cannon, one of several. It obviously hadn't been enough; the chaos ship had decimated this particular gun within moments of the first salvo.

Level 8
"I see..."
She tugged on a larger piece, and got it free, but fell under the surface when she did. She swam back up and tried to pull it with her, but it wouldn't move.
"Allain, can you help me with this one?"

Level 9
He nodded. "Assuredly." Grunting, he tossed the piece he was carrying towards the nearby shore and waded through the water towards Naesha. He eyed the piece. The ship had lasted centuries and it had only taken a mere hour or two to reduce it to this. He shook his head and helped her lift up the piece. "This whole situation seems rather grim. What sort of force could have destroyed a ship, three of them, so easily?" He looked around. "What sort of place is this?"

Level 8
"I have no idea, and it puzzles me just as much as you... Think this is enough to fix the Valkyrie?"

Level 10
"Finally. Damn it there it is. One giant metal clunk." Spoke one of the Guardians. His Guardian spear rested on his side.
"Amand, I swear to you if the last of our squad has to fight one more of those damn Wanderer's Marines I want a free drink."
Amand laughed at the Guardian. "Yes it will never come to that. The Wanderers are not here. But these Inquisition forces need us, their is something of value on this planet that Malnar has encharged me to find. I will find it."

Level 9
OOC: Who are the wanderers? Allllssso, we only came here to investigate some disappearances, not to find a relic or something ^_^

Allain eyed the hunk of metal. "I presume it is, yes. I'll get started now." His servo-arms clicked and re-activated, stretching out and quickly cutting directly through the panels and severing them down to a more workable size. He looked back and noticed the shapes of a group of marines stalking down towards them, and signaled to Naesha. "That should be the librarian. Appraise our.. ally of the situation while I complete this." He seemed shifty, suspicious of something.

Level 10
OOC: Who are the wanderers? Allllssso, we only came here to investigate some disappearances, not to find a relic or something ^_^

Allain eyed the hunk of metal. "I presume it is, yes. I'll get started now." His servo-arms clicked and re-activated, stretching out and quickly cutting directly through the panels and severing them down to a more workable size. He looked back and noticed the shapes of a group of marines stalking down towards them, and signaled to Naesha. "That should be the librarian. Appraise our.. ally of the situation while I complete this." He seemed shifty, suspicious of something.
OOC: Its a chapter that the Storm Crusaders have a rivalery with. Except they will not appear. They think they will find a relic they need.

Level 8
"Very well," she said, having begun to don her armor again. She sighed, then stepped towards the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.