• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Warden Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
This is a thread about a potential game which will be a multiplayer version of the Warden Campaign.
WardenArenaLogo2.png

Warden Arena is a multiplayer arena game for up to 6 players.
You can either cooperate to bring down a boss, or fight each other player vs player.

Decorative Line.png

Game Modes
The host may choose one of the two different game mdoes upon starting the game.
Player Arena will be selected if the host does nothing.

Boss Fight
Play in a team with up to 4 players, cooperating to slay bosses.
Most bosses needs to be slain within a timeframe.

Only select abilities can be used in this mode.
WardenArenaDeco.png
Player Arena
Play against all other players or in teams of 2 or 3.
The player / team with the most kills after 10 minutes win.

All abilities can be used in this mode.

Decorative Line.png

General Information
The game is supposed to be quite fast paced, so you die quickly in combat, and is revived almost as fast again.
Standard stats for your hero are 100 health and 15 attack damage. Abilities deal around 15 - 200 damage.

Dying will cause you to be revived after 8 seconds in a random location. You gain invulnerability and can't attack for 2 seconds after that.

Runes are spawned in the arena. Picking those up, grants you an ability that you can use once. You can have up to 3 abilities.

Control your hero by using the Arrowkeys or cursor to move around, Q to attack, W to dash, and the E, R and T keys to use your abilities.

Decorative Line.png

Neutral Objects
In the different arenas, there are objects that can either help or endanger you.

latest
Rune
Grants you an ability when picked up.
Different runes give different abilities.

latest
Rune Spawner
Normally, runes spawn randomly. Here, one will spawn every 20 seconds.

latest
Catapult
Can be rotated and attacked to fire a projectile at enemies.

latest
Bush
Protects you from view. Other units in the same bush can see you.

latest
Safe owl
Flies around randomly, offering invulnerability to whoever stands under it.

latest
Spinning Blade
Moves around and deals damage if you get close.

latest
Icy Crystal
Slows nearby units down, and removes dash.

latest
Speed Field
Grants you a speed boost for 5 seconds after passing over it.

latest
Healing Herb
Fully heals your hero.

latest
Fire
Deals damage if you stand on it.
Neutral creeps may appear in PvP.

Decorative Line.png

List of abilities
There may be options for the PvP arena to select what runes will spawn and not. Normally, 10 random runes will be selected, and spawned throughout the game.

latest
Strength
Permanetly increases health.

latest
Shield
Renders you invulnerable for 3 seconds.

Stun
Stuns all nearby enemies for 2 seconds.

latest
Blast
Click to start charging, reducing movement speed. After 2 seconds, you can click the ability again to deal massive damage in an area.

latest
Rewind
Teleports back to where you were 5 seconds ago.

Invisibility
Turns invisible over 4 seconds. Lasts until any other action than moving is issued. You will be visible if you are within 300 range of an enemy.

Bomb
Drops a bomb at your location, which will explode in 3 seconds. Can be attacked to be pushed in a direction.

Rush
Doubles your movement speed for 8 seconds.

Push
Pushes all enemies around you away.

Vortex
Pulls in all enemies in a cone in front of you, and stuns them for 0.5 seconds.

Omnipotence
Reveals the entire arena, and zooms out your view for 10 seconds.

Decoy
Becomes invisible and creates an image of yourself that you can control. Channel is interrupted if you or the copy takes damage, causing the decoy to explode dealing damage.

Flame Breath
Your attacks sends out cones of fire for 10 seconds.

Frost Crystal
Creates a frozen crystal that slows enemies and disables their dash ability. Lasts 15 seconds.

Ensnare
Roots all enemies in a huge area to the ground for 4 seconds.

Thunder Ward
Creates a ward that deals damage to enemies. Lasts 10 seconds.

Vengeance
When you die, you are revived instantly on the spot, becoming invulnerable for 6 seconds.

Blink
Pauses the caster, and lets you control a target. Click again to teleport to your target and deal damage in that area.

Insanity
Increases your damage and reduces all incoming damage by 50% for 5 seconds.

Knife Flurry
Deals damage in a line.

Dark Star
Pauses the caster, and lets you Control a target. Click again to call down a star that deals huge damage in an area.

latest
Disease
Releases a cloud of poison gas that deals damage to enemies within it. Lasts 6 seconds.
Note: Many of those will never be created, because of their strengths and weaknesses. Those are just ideas.

Decorative Line.png

List of Bosses
Those are the different bosses that you and your team can choose to challenge. Bosses have a recommended player amount, but can most often be slain with fewer players.

latest
Warlock
2 Players
Hard

Hydra
3 Players
Medium

Idol of Darkness
4 players
Hard

The Wilderbeast
4 Players
Medium

latest
Ancient
3 Players
Easy

Frozen Guardian
2 Players
Easy.
Bosses may be similiar to the ones encountered in the campaign.

Decorative Line.png

WardenTall.png

Suggestions for abilities, bosses and neutral objects are very much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Level 26
Rocks falling is no bad idea! There will probably be an indicator a second before it lands for clarity too.

Mirror image is tricky, since you won't be able to control it.
I had an idea though:
Creates a mirror image every 2 seconds over 14 seconds, wandering randomly.

This could cause enemies to use abilities if they are not observant.

Level 14
Kind of sounds like an overkill, 7 mirror images ? Maybe like one image per 2 seconds for 6 seconds. And name it something like `Trickery` or whatever.
Or maybe a mirror image will spawn every time the hero is attack it could be 30% chance like phantom lancers special skill spawns everytime PL is attacked

Edit:
Phantom Lancer is a DOTA2 hero

Level 14
Great idea @Rufus first a campgain now an arena is this 20% comeplete @Rufus? I will be willing to review this arena but does this have one player boss fight? I am gonna create a video of a review on this and upload it in youtube
This is a thread about a potential game which will be a multiplayer version of the Warden Campaign.
So are you gonna have several maps in the arena like in the campgain Warden?

Level 26
@Abovegame
Trickery sounds nice. I think a mirror image is really weak in general, especially in this game, so many of them might do the trick.

Or maybe a mirror image will spawn every time the hero is attack it could be 30% chance like phantom lancers special skill spawns everytime PL is attacked
Thanks for the idea, but the problem is that those mirror image will not be able to do anything besides moving. Anything else will make them really obvious, because of the special way attacks and abilities are used.

Ya, perhaps 20% complete, since I already have the most advanced things done already, since I'll copy them from the Campaign. :)

I Think this will be hard to Review as a single player, as it depends on many players to really be fun.
You can check out the Campaign for some singleplayer action though; I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on that! :)

So are you gonna have several maps in the arena like in the campgain Warden?
Nope. This will only be one map, but with many arenas within the one map. I have one 50% done ATM.

Level 14
@Abovegame
Trickery sounds nice. I think a mirror image is really weak in general, especially in this game, so many of them might do the trick.

Thanks for the idea, but the problem is that those mirror image will not be able to do anything besides moving. Anything else will make them really obvious, because of the special way attacks and abilities are used.

Ya, perhaps 20% complete, since I already have the most advanced things done already, since I'll copy them from the Campaign. :)

I Think this will be hard to Review as a single player, as it depends on many players to really be fun.
You can check out the Campaign for some singleplayer action though; I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on that! :)

Nope. This will only be one map, but with many arenas within the one map. I have one 50% done ATM.
Well good luck @Rufus hope this go on until the end (the end I mean until the release)

Status
Not open for further replies.