• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Heya!
I'm working on my project by currently adding more dynamic enemies to the game, and I'd like your ideas on new ones!

Here are the ones I've come up with so far:
Erupter - Creates a bomb under the player which erupts after 1.5 seconds, stunning the player if it is still there.
Crusher - Have a long windup, and then deals damage in an area around it.
Drainer - Drains life instead of attacking. You need to stun it in order to interrupt the channel.
Frenzy - Every 7 seconds, gains invulnerability and a huge boost to attack speed for 3 seconds.
Ghost - Ranged attacks. Channels to deal damage around it when you get close.
Pestillence - Pursues the player and lives for X seconds when seen. If you are to close, you take (immolation) damage per half second.
Liner - Its basic attacks are replaced with shockwaves, dealing damage in a line. Kite it to avoid.
Blizzarder - Calls down a blizzard (not channeling) on the players location, and then attacks from range. Invulnerable. Needs to be lured into the blizzard to kill itself.
Twins - They must die within a second of each other. Ranged, and can't be too close to each other (flyer separation).
Trailer - Leaves a trail of fire when it walks. Runs away from the player at max range of its attacks.
Lavinaer - Calls a lavina (stampede with high number of projectiles with low duration) that the player must use Rewind to get over.
Protector - Renders all nearby allies invulnerable, forcing the player to take this one down first. No attack.
Icer - Slowing aura. Ranged attack.
Assassin - Permanent invisibility. When it sees the palyer, it runs forward, becomes visible for 1 second before dealing damage in an area around it. The player must stun it to interrupt and kill it, or dash away.
Hazer - When nearby, the camera begins to wobble and becomes hazed.
Torture Ward - No attck, no move. Has a low damage aura. the player must use Project, in order to reveal it and kill it.
Illusioneer - Every time it takes damage, it uses mirror image, becoming two. Mirror images dies from one hit.
Summoner - Summons small melee attackers that charge the player while the summoner moves away from the player, summoning more and more.
Fatman - Has a very slow turn speed. You need to stay at his back to kill him. If you are in front of it, it can deal huge dmage with each attack.
Poker - Attacks from range. When the player gets close, it teleports after 1 second. Dash and attack to get it.
Tennis - Fires a slow projectile at the player. Hit the projectile to make it rebound on the enemy.

Ideas for boss abilities and weaknesses are also much appreciated. I have a long list of those already, and may add that list later (its on paper so I can't just copy paste). :)

Also, here are the abilities that the player may use in order to defeat those enemies:
Attack - Deals damage in front of the player.
Dash - Gains a short boost of movement speed.
Stun - Stuns all enemies in an area around the player.
Rewind - First activation: Leaves behind a magical orb for 10 seconds. Second activation: returns to the orb.
Hookshot - Throws a chain forward. Pulls in small targets, and pulls the player to big targets.
Project - Channels to control a ghost with true sight which is created at the players location. If the player or the ghost takes damage, the spell is cancelled. Lasts up to max 10 seconds.
Defend - Becomes invulnerable and can't take other actions beside moving for 0.9 seconds.
Dagger Throw - Throws a dagger forward damaging the first enemy it hits.

Suggestions for abilities can also be appreciated, but are not as likely to be implemented.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Frogger - boss summons projectiles which circle it while zigzagging (growing closer and further away).
Fan - boss with medium turn speed which constantly knocks you back out of a platform/into spikes. Dash and stay out of the knockback cone.
Coward - the boss will occasionally try to escape the arena to heal. Corner him to prevent his escape. Bonus if for that bossfight rewind works on the boss and not on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.