1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcratf Screenshot Reader

Submitted by Brisemec
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

This is a program that decodes save codes from Warcraft III screenshots. This is usefull for RPG-style maps that allow to save the character. Instead of writing down the save code, just take a screenshot and use this program to copy the save code to the clipboard.

See the http://warcraftreader.wiki.sourceforge.net/ for more informations.

The program has been updated. It is now released under the GPL.
Contents

Warcraft Screenshot Reader 1.01 (Binary)

Reviews
  1. ZypherXII:

2. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    from what i read you have to format your map to work with this prog it dosnt read any format? would for example it work in swat? other than that it looks promissing.. it would also help if it worked auto like when u hit print screen it made a txt file with the pw in it.

3. Brisemec

Brisemec

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Yes, you have to add a little piece of code to your map. The way it works, it should be extremely easy to integrate it with existing saving code. It works automatically, but not the way you are describing. You simply right-click the screenshot file and choose 'Decode Warcraft III Code'. Then you just type '-load' commandin the map and paste the code.

I know that needing to modify the map can be a problem, but the modification is really small and the benefits are worth it.

You can read more informations here: http://np80.com/blogs/aaubry/WarcraftScreenshotReader/WarcraftScreenshotReader.html

4. TyrealFiles

TyrealFiles

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice i got to check this stuff out

5. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm. Its a shame you need to modify the map :S But its nice concept, and if you could move it to the next step so it could actually kinda "read" it would be awesome. But i doubt thats possible :S

6. lafatu

lafatu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can some1 explain how i use it plz ?

7. DuLLSoN

DuLLSoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was just thinking about a tool that does this job. Great idea and project, but changing code output style to work makes it unusuable with latest maps. Some of big rpg makers (like TBC) should take the first step then ppl will follow i think.
    Have you tried to contact with them?

8. MindTooth

MindTooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would really love to see an update to this software. Would help a great deal :)

9. Snacker

Snacker

Resources:
    Resources:
    God ... just becouse Warcraft III is in my D disc, I get lots of problems ...

10. GywGod133

GywGod133

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You also can do open the Screen Shot
    by using Microsoft Window Media Player and mspaint

11. Senior

Senior

Resources: