• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarcraftIII Real RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi folks, you might dont know me, i was the creater of the german campaign Die Reise der Schändlichen, but that's long ago. Anyway, now, after 8 months of work, the first Map of my new Projekt, the "WCIII Real RPG", is finished. In this project I tryed to turn WarcraftIII in a real RPG, with features inspired by great RPGs like Gothic, Morrowind or NWN.

Here's a litle list of the full features of the Map:
-three starting heros with skills for 60 levels
-komplex skill- and xp-system witch allows you to specialice your heros
-komplex inevntory system, archers need amunition, weapons and armor become worn
-many multiple-choice dialogs with NPC's
-all diealogs and heros are compleatly set to music
-the choice of your hero has great influence at the gameplay, dialogs and quests run different, some quests are only enable to some characters
-realistic gameply, heros have too eat and drink to survive, if equiped, weapons can be seen on units, torches carried by heros illuminate dark caves, meat can be cooked, bottles can be filled, fishes can be fished and blades can be forged by your own
-realistic inviroment, weather-effects, inviroment-sonds, day/nigh has clear influence on the gameplay

If you are interested in the Map:
Download

Tell me how you like it.

Level 4
I'm trying it now! I don't have much time to actually play anymore, as I'm working on my own campaign, but your thing looks interesting. I'll edit this post after I try it.

Edit: Ack! It's in german! I have no idea what's going on, but on a lighter note, this map is amazingly well done. I don't know what to do at all, but it is clearly the work of genius. Any german readers out there, get it.

Level 8
sounds like the rpg i was working on a long time ago... something happened to my world editor now all the maps are missing unit data (wtf!) anyways im gonna reinstall it later and get back to work on those, ill try this map

{if its in german you should translate it for ppl like me... like on dark lineage where people said " ? . .. !" that was so pointless it made that game bad}

umm before you download this check to see if you have a few minutes on your hand, probrably an hour on dsl, a few hours on dial up its over 30mb

Level 8
THIS IS THE BEST RPG EVER MADE!

Great job i was just playing it (its very challenging as well :oops: ) Moderators, you really need to check this map out! its better than the legend of magnador! its so interactive to! all the flowers and stuff (well 30% of them) are selectable, some boxes and crates can have items in them! weapons get wore out over time! you have hunger and 'durst' (maybe thirst? i dunno) Once, if you ever do this, you put this in english... it will be the best rpg EVER! (37.XXmb its a huge map)

VERY GOOD TERRAIN 10/10
VERY GOOD CINEMATIC 12/10!
VERY GOOD GAMEPLAY 15/10!!
VERY GOOD ICONS, MODELS, LOADING SCREEN, AND EVERYTHING!!!! 50/10!!!

if its not to big to put on this site, i think you should submit it! it would be directors choice in a split second!

Level 11
RaD- said:
THIS IS THE BEST RPG EVER MADE!

Great job i was just playing it (its very challenging as well :oops: ) Moderators, you really need to check this map out! its better than the legend of magnador! its so interactive to! all the flowers and stuff (well 30% of them) are selectable, some boxes and crates can have items in them! weapons get wore out over time! you have hunger and 'durst' (maybe thirst? i dunno) Once, if you ever do this, you put this in english... it will be the best rpg EVER! (37.XXmb its a huge map)

Well, thx, thats exactly what the german community says. :lol: I allready asked Darky to host it, but I don't got any reply yet. Right now i try to get some more atention to the project, cause the geman community isn't so well at all and not so much people have played it yet. I just have no motivation to continue the work if no one is intereste in it...

@ Taurenwarier: Thanx for the offer, but i'am busy whith my own work and scool. But maybe you can show me some maps or screens of you projekt at all. (ICQ: 169-461-067)

Hm, i was told that the maps have to be smaler then 15mb, so I didnt uploaded it yet, maybe someone with a faster conection then mine could do it for me...

Level 8
i gave all my friends the link... only 3 have played it and 2 of them loved it and one hated it because he didnt understand how you pick a character... i had to call my friend to translate what to do :( just if u dnt know you type 1 then 2 then select a hero and type 1 when it asks something... like blah blah blah then a it says 1: blah blah blah you press 1... i dont remember what they said or anything... you really should make one with translated tips because at first i pressed 1,1,1 and then every tip the game froze till i typed 1 again... EVERY TIME SOMETHING HAPPENED! its so anoying!

this rpg is hard though, not knowing what your actually supposed to do to survive... the farthest i made it was to that one hidden cave thing... ran from 3 spiders with 2 life and found a potion that gave me 150 :) talk about luck!

whats with your life constantly going down? i mean.. you have hunger! unless its energy doing it i have no idea, but if it is hunger it shouldnt constantly go down, only if your hunger falls below 50 or something... the food heals like 15 but you have like 350 life so its not that much i dont get how to cook it either... or fill up water... plz can you tell me how in english or french so i understand :(

and i have gold, i havent found a store or anything yet... where is a town? so far its all been 1 path though so maybe this isnt an open rpg... i dont know u should describe it some more =)

Level 3
It's great, now if only I knew any german at all, it would be alot better. 10/10 with no understanding what so ever. The cinematic was awsome.

Level 8
yes the cinematic was just about perfect, except on the first one where you get knocked out the camera got to close and went inside of the footmans body and that kinda ruined the effect :(

cant you cook food? if so, how, do you have to make a fire like on runescape?

Level 11
You can cook raw meat and fishes in fireplaces, they are containers as well, you know you can open it the way like all other creats, barrels, weapon racks and so on. Just select it when your hero stands next to it, so the fireplace or container or ehatever will be opened and you can put items out or in. So, to cook meat, put it in a fireplace, to fill bottles put it into this kinds of whirls in the water. Its important to eat and very importetn to drink, so be shure having some water with you. You hunger and thirst is diplayed next to your gold, where normaly wood and suply is diplayed, if it gets higher then 75% you starv, and if it gets up to hundret you die. Your thirst gets higher more quickly as your hunger. In the discription of the items is shown how much they lower your hunger or thirst, for example, by eating bread your hunger gets 5% lower, but your also get 3% more thirst, cause bread is very dry.

The game-freezing happens when you get tutorial tipps, you can turn them of by typing 2 in the second dialog at the beginning of the game.

Later, south of the corupted farm and the mentiont spider cave you will find a hidden gnoll-cave in the south part of the wood. After lots of fighting you will be acepted by the gnolls as a clanfriend for some time, so you can use their stores, talk to each of them and solve some subquests in the cave. This is part of a big subquest to free Adrino, the spellthief from the beginning, who, after you freed him, will join you as a second hero.

On the second map there will be a large village as a save place to rest, talk an get quest, goods, weapons food and a bed to sleep. Also there will be some real traders like a smith and so on...

Go on and ask whatever you want to know. :roll:

Level 11
Shure, maybe someone gets a team together and traslate it, feel free to do it. But I won't, it took a whole month to get the voice actors together, record and add the german sounds, no time and motivation to do this again in english, I prefear to make the second map, and the third, and the... :roll:

Level 8
LOL after playing this map on regular b.net maps all the voices are german! the footman has a different voice to but when u click alot he stil says uncle luthar wants you! and stuff in english with his old voice... its really kinda anoying how do u fix it?

and if u translate it u can leave the voices it will be like one of those english translated foriegn movies where they talk and on the bottom it says [hello someone] or something like that...

or just dont translate it and tell what to do here =)

Level 2
This map sounds interesting, but I must say, it would be a lot more tempting to play if you would alteast translate the quests and stuff to english. I don't think it would take you that long..maybe a day or so.

I mean quests/map information, not voice actors. Just a friendly suggestion. I know I hate playing a map where it says nicely in a foreign language "To start playing type in 'IwantaHero!!' " that I can't read so I can never play.

Level 4
just wondering......everybody kows how rexxars camapain is made.... so you can travel betwen lands.

My ideea comes like thise....Log-in wow...go to a section of the map....and start makeing terrain in wc3 withe wc3 world editor....this way u can actualy make a map (actualy maps like in rexxars campaining) of world of warcraft :))....you can have 2 versions:

1) your quests and missions.
2) a blank map (just the wow enviroment) for the player that downloads the map can make his very own version of WoW ^^

It would of course be a single player camapaining.....but it would still be cool.. cause you can add versions every 1 month or something and they would contain new quests , events =)), maybe hidden maps and of course an incrise in maximum level :D...

The main ideea is to make all maps epic...and make each individual area in WoW in an epic map version of it self in wc3.....tus optaining a much enlarged version of any wow attempted map in wc3 ^^ :D

That wou;d be a real warcraft RPG :D

Level 7
i have a system in my rpg based on a string-based area generation that allows me to make a map near infinite ( well, ten-thousand+ 16x16 areas) in size on a 128x128 map, by partitioning chunks into strings and loading new areas as you move off the screen (like zelda for NES) -- of course it has its limits of not using cliffs, but you can make terrain look really good with just ground and doodads

i just write a new area in notepad, add it into the map, write events in the referenced triggers, and pop new area

alright, that didn't have to do with much but i thought i'd mention it for interest sake

Level 8
RaD- said:
its so interactive to! all the flowers and stuff (well 30% of them) are selectable, some boxes and crates can have items in them! weapons get wore out over time!
Heh... That was from Morrowind, where everything was a container, and even the knives and everything on the table was gettable... extrememely versitile. Havenm't DLed it, but if its got that with a storyline that actually was sorta good, it'll be good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.