• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Warcraft Reloaded (RTS/AI) [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Warcraft Reloaded (RTS/AI) [0.8 Released]

Mainscreen_Edited.png

In the above image, the 8 race's respective 2 heroes and epic unit.

Table of contents:
-Warcraft Reloaded
-The AI
-Races
-To-do
-How to Play
-Download

Hello acolytes, peasents and peons!
This is a map I have been working on for about a week. Its close to done but it needs a few more things.

WARCRAFT RELOADED

Warcraft Reloaded is an altered melee map that features 8 completely custom races with a fully implemented Trigger Editor AI. Details:

-Same Warcraft feel with new custom units, models, abilities and effects!
-Kill the Neutral Camps to gain Gold to build an army and gain experience to level up your Heroes! Slay your opponent's armies and destroy their bases!
-You can play with up to 7 friends or Computers!
-Up to 4 teams, max 5 players per team!
-Each race has upwards of 8 units each!
-Each race has 2 entirely custom heroes!
-Unlock new units and structures, train up to 3 Heroes and produce more Gold by upgrading your Town Hall up to Tier 3!
-You can build 2 or 3 of the same Hero!
-It features the Jump System GUI / MUI by hellgate for explosive abilities and ferocious hero ultimates that knocks back enemies right into the air!
-Only land units
-Only Gold and Food Ressource! No Lumber!
-Smart Hotkeys: Q/W/E/R for unit and hero abilities, training units and purchasing items!
-Custom Items for Heroes!
-Heroes have no Level Cap!
-Cooler music!

THE AI

This is the meat of the post. Warcraft Reloaded packs a mean Artificial Intelligence made in th Trigger Editor by me! The AI will chose one of the 8 factions at random. Details:

-The Computers do NOT cheat on resources or vision, or any other form of cheat.
-Each Computer has a random playstyle assigned to it at the start of a game!
-It may mix its unit types, prefer training certain units, avoid training certain units, who knows!
-It is assigned a arbitrary level of aggressiveness at the start of a match. It may prefer farming creeps and leveling heroes more or fighting, who knows!
-It upgrades its town halls at arbitrary times!
-It chooses to play with either 1, 2 or 3 heroes for the game!
-It microes its units and tries to keep them alive!
-It smartly chooses priority targets to cast its abilities on!
-It Uses TPs To defend allies (humans too) or its own base, or to escape when it feels like it cannot win the fight!
-It keeps its units well placed and does not suicide individual units (like TfT Ai..)
-It communicates with human players!

RACES

Warcraft Reloaded features 8 completely new races from the lands of Azeroth! Play as and against the Ancients, Legion, Northrend, Blood Elves, Old Ones, Felwood, Gnolls and Nerubians!

Ancients2.png

The Ancients are comprised mostly of Ashenvale creatures. They wield natural healing magic and tough units. They also feature a few nagas who wield corrupted magic. They are the protectors of nature, defending and maintaining it's light green tint from the other races. They Use Everything at their disposal to succeed, aiming to outnumber all enemies.

UNITS
-Dire Wolf
-Troll Priest
-Naga Siren
-Turtleshell Naga
-Hunter
-Beetle
-Ursa Major
Epic unit: Ent Titan. Ultra heavy unit. Can cast Slam, knocking back nearby enemies and dealing damage.

HEROES

Keeper of the Grove:

-Force of Nature: Calls down a large thunder bolt from the skies, knocking enemies back and dealing damage.

-Entangling Roots: Roots an enemy to the ground, dealing damage over time.

-Thorns Aura: Returns some damage to enemy melee attackes nearby.

Ultimate: Tranquility. Channels heavy healing magic, healing allies in a large area.

Demon Elf:

-Silence: Prevents enemies in an area from casting spells for some time.

-Metamorphosis: Gives a ranged attack and bonus HP.

-Evasion: Will evade some basic attacks.

Ultimate: Mark of Death. Marks a nearby ennemy, slowing it and dealing heavy damage over a duration.

Legion.png

The Legion are undead and demon units alike. They strive to multiply and swarm their opponents. The Legion's most basic unit is the Genreaper. It comes in packs of 3, and leaps on units it attack to chase them down. They cast powerful dark magic on their enemies, hindering their ability to fight, or flee. Once the Legion chooses a world, it is consumed by darkness...

UNITS
-Genreaper
-Nightstalker
-Pestilent Mage
-Banisher
-Pit Avelgoth
Epic unit: Pit Nathrgeddon. Ultra heavy pit lord type unit. Can use defend, slowing its speed but reducing the damage it takes.

HEROES

Pit Overlord:

-Raise Skeleton Warrior: Summons a Skeletal Warrior for a long duration.

-Raise Skeleton Archer: Summons a Burning Archer for a long duration.

-Vampiric Aura: Grants lifesteal to nearby units.

Ultimate: Charred Ancient: Calls down A charred Ancient with permanent immolation from the sky, stunning and damaging enemies.

Pit Lord:

-Rain of Fire: Calls down Waves of fire in an area.

-Howl Of Terror: Reduces nearby enemies attack damage.

-Cleaving Attack: Basic attacks splash for some damage on nearby enemies.

Ultimate: Doom. Curses an enemy unit or hero, silencing it and making it take massive damage for 15 seconds (30 seconds on units). If the unit or hero dies from this, it spawns a Doom Guard unit for the Pit Lord.

Northrend.png

The Northrend alliance is composed of Ice creatures and elementals. Given the rugged circumstances of their living, they have adapted to make use of the ambient element in their favor, freezing enemies in their paths and slowing them down. Beware of their chilling grip.

UNITS
-Ice Troll Berserker
-Ice Troll Warlord
-Lich
-Frost Dragon Brute
-Dire Mammoth
Epic unit: Magnataur Destroyer. Ultra heavy unit. Can cast Reverse Polarity, Pulling in enemies in an area, damaging them and stunning them(yes, a bit like DotA's reverse polarity)

HEROES

Frost Archon:

-Frost Bolt: Deals moderate damage and stuns a target.

-Blizzard: Calls down waves of frost in an area.

-Frost Sacrifice: Sacrifice an allied unit to refill the archon's mana.

Ultimate: Snowstorm: The Frost Archon channels for 8 seconds, dealing massive damage to enemies within a large area around it.

Frozenhome Ogre:

-Breath of Frost: Deals damage and slows enemies in a cone.

-Power of Frost: Buffs an ally for a few seconds, granting bonus damage, armor and health regen.

-Summon Polar Bear Companion: Summons a large polar bear. Max 1 Polar Bear per Frozenhome Ogre.

Ultimate: Glacial Roar. Deals massive damage and a very long stun on target enemy.

Blood_Elves.png

The Blood Elf Order manipulates powerfull arcane magic. They make use of everything in their arsonal, from frost, fire and healing spells to tanks and grenades. The Blood Elves have a thirst for magic, and will stop at nothing, not even exterminating enemy races, to quench it...

UNITS
-Priest
-War Mage
-Blood Elf Demonkin
-Blood Elf Cavalry
-Blood Elf Vanguard
Epic unit: Chimera. Heavy Spellcaster. Can cast Flamestrike, Breath of Frost and Chain Lightning.

HEROES

Invoker:

-Magic Bolt: Stuns and Damages enemies in an area.

-Healing Wave: Sends a wave bouncing on allied units, healing them.

-Hex: Polymorfs a unit or hero for a duration, preventing it from attacking and silencing it.

Ultimate: Supernova: Spawns a phoenix egg at the designated location. It has 200 HP and lasts a few seconds. Until it expires or is killed, the egg casts flamestrikes in the area around itself.

Dragon Knight:

-Blade Flurry: The Dragon Knight spins around for a few seconds, becoming magic immune and damaging nearby enemies

-Rain Of Fire: Calls down waves of fire in the target area.

-Critical Strike: Grants a chance to deal bonus damage on attack.

Ultimate: Dragon Form: The Dragon Knight becomes an Elder Dragonspawn for a duration, gaining bonus damage, HP and a cleaving attack.

Old_Ones.png

The Old Ones are a mythical race of gods, possibly spawning from the begining of creation, or even before. They have intricate knowledge about the language of the universe and can bend its will with their psionic influence. They make use of their understanding of the unreducible building blocks of reality to crush their foes.
"Those faceless.. they do not speak to you in words. Your senses just pick up their primal vibrations and your brain tries to interpret their emotional vibe. I say try, because if that vibe is hostile, your brain will likely already be pudding at that point!"
-Tyrande Whisperwind, High Priestess of Elune

UNITS
-Old One Gladiator
-Old One Widow
-Old One Nightmare Weaver
-Old one Scorpion
Epic unit: Old One GroundShaker. Heavy Unit. Can cast Chain Impale, Sending multiple Impales to enemies, stunning and damaging them.

HEROES

Old One Void:

-Demi: The Void creates a mirror image which deals less damage and takes additional damage.

-Bash: Gives a chance to deal bonus damage and stun on a basic attack.

-Evasion: Evades some basic attacks.

Ultimate: Chronosphere: Locks time for enemies in a large area, preventing them from moving, attacking and casting spells for 6 seconds.

Old One Mastermind:

-Finger of Death: Deals Massive damage to target non-hero enemy.

-Energy Zone: Channels prsionic energy on the target area, boosting allied unit attack and move speed in it.

-Psionic Aura: Reduces nearby enemy units armor.

Ultimate: Black Hole. Stuns enemies in a large area, slowly pulling them in towards the center of the black hole, damaging them.

Felwood.png

The Felwood Pack is manned by satyrs, corrupted treants and arachnids. They employ corrupted magic to disease, poison and rot away their enemies. They have converted Night Elf magic into a weapon, using the abilities from their blood ancestors as a plague on anyone who is unlucky enough to cross their path.

UNITS
-Satyr Trickster
-Satyr SoulStealer
-Poison Treant
-Plague Treant
-Broodmother
-Corrupted Golem
Epic unit: Corrupted Mana Beast. Heavy Unit. Can cast Mana Shockwave, which sends a massive magic ripple in a line, knocking back and damaging enemies.

HEROES

Phantom Assassin:

-Shadow Strike: Throws a poison dagger at target enemy, slowing it and dealing damage over time.

-Blink Strike: The Phantom Assassin teleports to a nearby location and damages enemies around that location.

-Evasion: Evades some basic attacks.

Ultimate: Coup de Grace: Gives a 15% chance to deal 6 times normal damage on a basic attack.

Grove Giant:

-Storm Bolt: Throws a storm bolt at all enemies in an area, damaging and stunning them.

-Vampiric Aura: Grants lifesteal to nearby allies.

-Cleaving Attack: Basic attacks damage spills to nearby enemies.

Ultimate: Avatar: The Grove Giant becomes magic immune, gains bonus damage and gains bonus HP.

Gnolls.png

The Barrens is home to a lot of wilderness. Some huge.. In this case, rather small. The Gnolls and Kobolds use strengh in numbers, since they are so minuscule. Every Small Gnoll and Kobold are trained in packs of 3. Spellcaster and heavier ones are trained in packs of 2. Get ready to micro these bad boys till you're crazy, friends.

UNITS
-Kobold Minion
-Kobold Smasher
-Kobold Geomancer
-Gnoll Mistweaver
-Gnoll Ranger
-Sasquatch Oracle
Epic unit: Dire Armored Wolf. Heavy Unit with Cleaving Attack and Critical Strike. Can cast Feral Spirit and Long Jump, which makes the Dire Armored Wolf Pounce to the target location, knocking enemies back and damaging them.

HEROES

Kobold Warlock:

-Firebolt: Stuns and damages a single enemy.

-Rain of Fire: Calls down Waves of fire in an area.

-Battle Roar: Increases nearby allied units attack damage for a short duration.

Ultimate: Ressurection: Instantly revives up to 20 nearby non-hero allied units.

Tauren Ancestor:

-Earth Splitter: Sends a shockwave in a line, damaging and knocking back enemies it encounters.

-Echo Stomp: Stuns and knocks back enemies around the Tauren Ancestor.

-Endurance Aura: Gives nearby allies bonus attack and movement speed.

Ultimate: Echo Slam: Sends shockwaves rippling in a huge area around the Tauren Ancestor, dealing massive damage and slowing enemies that are hit.

Nerubian.png

The Nerubian Army is composed of insectoid-like creatures. They are very resourceful, able to trap enemies and use their corpses to bolster their armies. Some Nerubians carry their younglings on them into battle, setting them free on the event that they are slain. Their numbers are few, but each unit is essential, being tough, having useful abilities and strong attacks.

UNITS
-Nerubian Warrior
-Nerubian Webspinner
-Nerubian Seer
-Nerubian Spider Behemoth
-Nerubian Guard
Epic unit: Nerubian Overlord. Ultra heavy unit that can cast Mass Root, rooting and damaging enemies in a large area for a short duration.

HEROES

Mana Fiend:

-Mana Burn: Burns the target's mana, dealing damage in the process. When the mana fiend basic attacks, it has a chance to burn some mana on the attacked unit and refill its own mana.

-Mana Shield: The Mana Fiend uses its mana pool to absorb 50% of any incoming damage.

-Banish: Puts target enemy in a banished state: it cannot attack, moves slower and takes extra magical damage.

Ultimate: Mana Void: Deals damage to target enemy and enemies in the adjacent area based on how much mana the target is missing.

Nerubian Widow:

-Carrion Beetles: Turns corpses into beetles to bolster your forces.

-Wind Walk: Turns invisible for a duration, increasing movement speed and adding bonus backstab damage on a basic attack.

-Endurance Aura: Gives nearby allies bonus attack and movement speed.

Ultimate: Ravage: Sends a wave of spikes in a huge area around the Nerubian Widow, stunning and damaging enemies.

TO-DO

Here are the list of things that need to be done and their estimated time to complete for the map to be finished.

-Tooltips and Hotkeys (Basically unplayable without this) / DONE!!
-Release 0.8 / DONE!!
-Custom Items / A few Hours
-make Computers us Custom Items / A few Hours
-Order Unit: A unit hidden in a corner of the map. When you give an order to this unit (move, attack, attack-move), it will send that order to all your units. This is to work around the 24 unit selecion limit. /A few minutes
-AI Captain system: When there is at least 1 Computer on a team, one of them will be elected captain and will comunicate with humans, coordinating its human and computer allie's attacks. / A few Hours
-Release 0.9
-Revamped Terrain / A few Hours
-Cooler Music / An Hour
-Credits to the generous model makers / a few minutes
-release 1.0!:thumbs_up:
-Match unit voices in editor / half an hour
-Balance!!! / Infinity
-release 1.1!

HOW TO PLAY

-There are 8 player slots available.
-Select any level of Computer for a slot to make it be an AI.
-The available teams are team 1, 2, 3 and 4.
-If you put a player on team 5 or higher, his units will not spawn.
-There is only 5 available spawn points per team. If you have 6 or more players on a team, expect unstable behavior from this map.
Good Example: 4 players on Team 1, 4 players on team 2.
Bad Example: 6 players on Team 1, 2 players on team 2.

HOTKEYS
To the left: Structure construction and unit training hotkeys. To the right: Unit action and ability hotkeys.
Hotkeys.png

DOWNLOAD

-Notes: Expect to encounter some bugs and maybe even crashes. This is not the final version. Please report any bug/crash/bad AI behavior you encounter. Thank you for trying my map out!
Tips: If you want to quickly see how to play with the altered melee rules, start a game with a Computer on your team and look at what it does. Workers all build like an acolyte and you start with 2. Use one to scout!

Attachments

• Warcraft Reloaded 0.8.w3x
    5.5 MB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Level 17
Interesting. All I can say is focus on one thing at a time if you want to get anything done and make progress. For example, on the AI part, focus on the very basic stuff until you consider it's finished. Leave the details for last. Make one race at a time, focus on the big picture. You can always polish it later. Have a basic version ready to release. I'm really intrigued how the AI will turn out. You might want to consider making it in Jass if you know coding or you can ask someone to help you out. Good luck !

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I can't wait to test your AI. Sounds very promising.
When you don't need to give extra bonuses to the AI (bonus income rate, damage, etc.) to match or even to overcome human's playing skill, that's an absolute win.
I'm not a fan of wc3 melee maps (neither the altered one) but I will surely give this a try when released. Been a while since the last time I saw a map with worthwhile AI system, let's say since Dota's AI.

Level 17
I can't wait to test your AI. Sounds very promising.
When you don't need to give extra bonuses to the AI (bonus income rate, damage, etc.) to match or even to overcome human's playing skill, that's an absolute win.
I'm not a fan of wc3 melee maps (neither the altered one) but I will surely give this a try when released. Been a while since the last time I saw a map with worthwhile AI system, let's say since Dota's AI.

I would pay money if Blizzard would implement a way to access the AI directly via C or C++. Or at least implement more native functions. AI tinkering is one of my favorite hobbies.

Level 2
Hi Guys, thanks for the comments! You can expect version 0.8 to be released in about 3-4 hours! I want to get a basic version out as soon as possible to get feedback on the AI and especially balance. Also I agree with both your statements, not enough worthwhile AI maps and alot of devs hardcode their AI.

Level 12
Doesn't look very promising to me :/ looks like you just scattered a few units from the game then compiled them with a few made up ones then started calling it a race. Im not sure which lore you're trying to follow, but it's definitely off. So off that the only two major races you listed that are worth mentioning are the Legion and the Blood Elves. I think you should scrap what you have, focus on the 13 currently playable WoW races then pick a few unplayable races from WoW who's had a major impact not just on the game but on the entirety of the lore itself. Also Im not sure if those units are properly balanced enough as you just listed their names without mentioning what they do or what they could contribute to the gameplay of a race. Im just a little bit concerned since race-balancing has been my specialty ever since I started modding :) Lastly, make your description more eye-catching I guess? I mean there's nothing, other than your title picture, that draws one's interest here just by simply looking at it.

Yeah this might be your first or this might be your 20th project or whatever, Im just suggesting so don't be a 13 year old kid and start hating on me or something? Idk haha Im just kidding about that last part :) Good luck and happy modding

Level 2
Thanks for the feedback Hardtime, but you will have to play before making your opinion ^^ Firstly for balance: I forgot to add it to the to-do list. Of course balance will be the main focus but that comes after release!
About the lore: im not trying to follow any lore particularely, just putting context as to what the races are about Lore isn't the main theme of the map: im way too occupied triggering the AI to think of stories. I'll update unit descriptions asap. almost all of the units in this map are not warcraft 3 original units, so you cannot asume anything about balance, except that the map is definitly not balanced at this point. :)

Release 0.8 will be out in about 30 minutes to an hour!

Level 2
Big patch in the works! Completely rewritten AI, AI sending pings and communicating in team games, Performance improvements and Items!

Level 2
I will check out your map! I have a much better build of warcraft reloaded that will be out in a few days with lotss of changes

Status
Not open for further replies.