• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Model Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
lolk.png
Warcraft Model Library: General Information
The following Maps use the Warcraft Model Library Assets:
Moonglade Remake (Terrain Showcase) (Video)
Wandering Isle Terrain Showcase (Video)

What is Warcraft Model Library?
The Warcraft Model Library is a project with the intent to make creating Warcraft themed maps even easier. This library includes several Mod files with World of Warcraft models that will be uploaded and updated on Battle.net for everyone to use. All you need to do to use these mods is download the mod file and place it in the mods directory in your Starcraft 2 folder (I will put a link or create a tutorial on how to do that later). Currently this library consists of DOODAD models only. However, I hope to add units and tree resource models soon. In addition, myself and a team are currently going through each model and enhancing the detail by adding normal maps.

If you decide to use any of these mods, I only ask that you give proper credits on the loading screen or in the map itself. In addition, anybody can add mod files or update current mod files by using the Warcraft Model Library site set up. There are detailed instructions on how to do this in the Instructions document.

If you have any questions or would like to work with me more closely in making this project more robust, please contact me at [email protected].

Here is the link to the Warcraft Model Library Database: HERE
Here is the link to an Alternate Warcraft Model Library Database: HERE.

Note: Not all Mod Files are currently uploaded to Battle.Net. If you would like to help me upload and maintain these mod files, please contact me!

Mod Files Currently Uploaded:

Library Descriptions:

Azuremyst Library
List of Azuremyst Library Models: here

- There are currently 36 models in this mod map. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Azuremyst Library includes models that would fit a Draenei styled map.

Barrens Library
List of Barrens Models: here

- There are currently 116 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Barrens Library includes models that would fit a desert/red styled map. Models are from the Barrens, Blades Edges, Durotar, Redridge, and Badlands areas.

Blood Elf Library
List of Blood Elf Library Models: here

- There are currently 109 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Blood Elf Library includes models that would fit a blood elf themed map. Models are from various blood elf areas and the netherstorm region.

Forest Library
List of Forest Library Models: here

- There are currently 140 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Forest Library includes models that would fit a green, foresty themed map. Models are from Darkshore, Dustwallow, Ashenvale, Elwynn, and Un Goro areas.

Human Library
List of Human Library Models: here

- There are currently 49 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Human Library includes models that would fit a human city styled map. Models are from Stormwind and Elwynn.

Moonglade Library
List of Moonglade Library Models: here

- There are currently 36 models in this library. ALSO CONTAINS A GROUND TEXTURE SET! (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Moonglade Library includes models that would fit a Night Elf styled map. Models are from the Moonglade region.

Night Elf Library
List of Night Elf Library Models: here

- There are currently 88 models in this library. ALSO CONTAINS A GROUND TEXTURE SET! (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Night Elf Library includes models that would fit a Night Elf styled map. Models are from various Night Elven regions.

Northrend (Part 1) Library
List of Northrend (Part 1) Library Models: here

- There are currently 92 models in this library. (Some are enhanced with embedded normal maps; view model list to see which ones)
- The Northrend (Part 1) Library includes models that would fit a snowy themed map. Models are from the Argent Dawn, Vrykul, Dragonblight, Borean Tundra, and Snow Furbolg regions.

Orc and Troll Library
List of Orc and Troll Library Models: here

- There are currently 66 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Orc and Troll Library includes models that would fit a Horde Styled map. Models are from various Orc and Troll regions.

Trisfall Ghostlands Library
List of Trisfall Ghostlands Library Models: here

- There are currently 80 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Trisfall Ghostlands Library includes models that would fit a haunted themed map. Models are from Ghostlands, Twilight, and a few Worgen regions.

Uldum (Part 1) Library
List of Uldum (Part 1) Library Models: here

- There are currently 62 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Uldum (Part 1) Library includes models that would fit a desert style map. Models are from Uldum and a Desert Twilight regions.

Uldum (Part 2) Library
List of Uldum (Part 2) Library Models: here

- There are currently 59 models in this library. (None are enhanced with embedded normal maps)
- The Uldum (Part 2) Library includes models that would fit a desert style map. Models are from the Uldum region.

Want to Help?
This project is completely open source. Anyone can use these mods for any project. All I ask is for proper credits somewhere. This also means that anybody can help improve this project! Whether you'd like to help host a mod file, report bugs, update/improve existing mods, or even add your own model libraries to the mix, it is all encouraged. By helping with any of these things, you will receive proper credit and my thanks :)

Currently, we need help hosting all the model libraries. Because of the restrictions Blizzard has created, I alone cannot host every mod file. If you would like to Sponsor a Mod file, you will be given credit in the actual Mod name on Sc2 Mapster or any other Website with the mod.

I also would appreciate feedback on the Libraries themselves. Any activity and posting helps keep this project relevant.

If you would like to help, contact me here or at [email protected]

Last edited:
Level 10
It might be a good idea to use the WoW counterparts of some models instead as they have a higher quality mesh and texture than WC3 models (so fit better into SC2). Especially with creeps this would be a good idea.

Perhaps the name is confusing, but these ARE WoW models. I just named it Warcraft library because its about bringing the warcraft theme to Sc2. Also World of Warcraft Model Library was too long and doesnt sound as good :)

Level 10
Theoretically, if the mods are published as public (which they are), then all one has to do is download the mods, add them as dependencies in their map and then upload the map. Battle.net SHOULD find the public mods and load them when the game is played.

The only problem is it's a little buggy, but I hope that Blizzard will fix it over time (maybe when HotS comes out).

Status
Not open for further replies.