• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: LotD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings those members of the hive that this may concern!

Warcraft LoTD is recruiting! More than 8 months of development, working out kinks in team, in development, and in organization, we have decided the time is rife to push for progress!

That is why, Today, we have decided to pst recruiting notices up, for skilled modders who want a piece of this action.

First we want to clear out a few questions!

What is WC: LotD?
Wc: LotD is a ambitious project intended to bring the warcraft series to not only the sc2 engine, but into the new age. Not only will we be trying to reproduce what we imagine as a suitable sequel to wc3, But we will also try to add our own personal spin to the game, making sweeping changes, and adding new races. The game will be released seperatly as a series of melee maps released via a mod package, where even players can make their own terrains, and as a epic campaign experience, each of our 3 editions will have 3 epic campaigns.

What was the platform again?
WC: LotD will be released on sc2.

How Long will this Take?
WC: LotD will take only as long as it needs to be ready, altough we are beginning to resurge and make excellent progress, we wont be able to release at a respectable date without YOUR HELP.

What is WorldCraft?
WorldCraft is the self proclaimed team name that is developing WC LotD Team, we've been together as a group for a long time, and have know each other longer. Once our first edition of Wc: LotD is done, We will all do the next project we want to do! Make your own suggestions!

What do we want from YOU?
What WE want from you is not only your suggestions, ideas, and commentary, but we want people who are not only active, but very, very good at what they do. Our development team takes only those who show outstanding skill, loyalty, and activity. This is somthing we all LOVE to do, but its also more than just a hobby. For those of you who want to join, we not only require examples of your work, but good referances, and a history of continual activity in the modding world.

ITs up to you wether or not this team, and this project is for you, but please, if it isnt, refrain from anything more than Constructive Criticisims, we are not a group that relishes in Flaming, Trolling, or Spamming.

Now back to matters at hand.

We want those of you who have interest in reviving the Warcraft RTS series to ask questions, to post ideas, criticisims, and if you think you have what it takes, to join us.

But be warned, while this is a hobby of all of ours, it takes commitment to remain on this team, and we do not take on new members lightly.

If you wish to join, please, post somthing about yourself in this thread, or email us at [email protected] if your interested, thanks!

(Our site will soon be available, It is under redevelopment.)

Level 20
I would like to point out (if that's ok TWIF).

Although skilled individuals are ideal, don't fret applying, it's easier and more worthwhile to train a passionate candidate than to hire a lazy, cocky and self-obsessed jerk with all the IT/Modding knowledge in the world.

Commitment and dedication > Skill and Knowledge.

Though of course, both in abundance is preferable.

Level 3
I may not be able to help with the modeling or the triggers or much of that, but i can help with creative ideas, and maybe even help a little with story. However i can't be an extremly active member. This is because i have School. Tests, sports AP courses and of course i got my friends and real life to be loyal to first, but in any time i can give to you I will try to help out as much as possible.

Official Request Response:

Request:
Pending (Further Infromation Requested)

Reasons:You have proven yourself a semi-active member of the community, and have also proven yourself a valuable member of said community.

Your input on the Heroes Thread has indicated that you have a strong grasp of the game we intend to create.

However, we require stringent activity, requiring atleast logons every other day. Preferring daily logons.

You must also make an account on our website, and also have functioning MSN (or other communication Method, that we are currently developing)

You must also show dedication and responsibility.

How you can Rectify the Pending Status:
1. Make an activity Estimate
2. Must wait 8 more days with continual non-membership activity.

Level 3
I have been active on these forums since I have joined them and i have been posting daily. I intend on staying active every day that I can. I don't have an MSN atm but i can get one asap. You said i must wait 8 more days with continual non-membership activity, what are you refering to? You also said about joining your website, i believe this is the WorldCraft site if I am not mistaken. I try to get an account on that site within the next 36 hours if it isthe correct one. I will fufill these duties as they come.

Level 3
I am going to shorten that time down, you will be a member of the team tomarrow.

I don't know if you have Sc2, but that would be appreciated.

The Worldcraft site is the correct one.
Yes, please get an MSN.

LOL, don't know if i have Sc2, are you trying to make me laugh (no offense) of course I have it. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 3
I just joined the Worldcraft forums. I'd like you to get back to me on if I should still get MSN or use my skype since you said you may be switching there soon.

Edit: My Skype Account is Mtsensk.Benjamin. ( )'s aren't allowed. and Benjamin is my real name btw. So I got Skype all set-up.

Edit (Again): I'm going to most likely be posting another Hero tommorow. On the verge of an idea. Got the name but need to think about the abilities some more.

Level 3
Ok, what is my exact position on the team, like my job. Just suggestions/brainstorming/creative ideas/etc.? When is the next Devo meeting. And if we are switching to Skype we should soon make a list of everyone's skype account name so we can add eachother up. Just my 2 cents here!

Level 3
Yes, i will make a group when you are all on so we can chat.

You are a Game Designer.

You say I am a game designer, I understand this term. But so does that me I should work with the editor, b/c i have a long weekend coming up in another week (it's going to be 4 days long b/c of teacher confrences) That would be a good time to get more in touch with the editor if I have to.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

How many threads DO we have T_T. ( I'm having trouble keeping out T_T)

Level 13
Lol if this actually happened.. i might get SC2
It would be bad ass if WC4 actually came out but i hear nothing of it so i guess this is the next best thing. Thing that sucks about SC2 though is its not backwards comparable with WC3 maps at all.. :/ Would be cool if it was at least a little with coding or something.

I Love wc3 also and would help you with this but my knowledge of WC3 W.E is HUGE.. as where i dont have SC2 so my knowledge of that is..nothing. lol

Good luck with this though :) it really does sound sweet.
If you would like to see some of my work though feel free :)
http://chf.ucoz.com/
(I just got this forum up about a week ago or less, changed from an old site to new.)

Level 20
Level 3
I would offer to be of assistance, but I have a straight line of exams from here to the end of next year. Good luck to everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.