• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III on a Widescreen: Working

Level 9
Only for people with Widescreen monitors, But if you are bored you can read it anyway.:grin:

Hello and welcome to my first and only Tutorial. I hope it can help you in some way, it would realy help me two days ago. :grin:

I, have a 1366x768 monitor and everything looks really good on it, but I dislike it when i play Warcraft III because the max resolution is 1024x768 and it stretches out and makes it look like **** :cry:

Untill a few days ago i thought that Warcraft III did not support wide screens, but I was wrong, it is just a little hard to enable.

I, searched the internet for a long time without finding any working tutorials, so i tried to figure this out by myself, And after a few minutes looking in the Registry editor i found a "Working" way to do this without just stretching the image..

The solution:
I guess i can explain it here, but its much easier to download my homemade guide, it will auto-open any 3-party program needed and tell you what to do in 3 VERY easy steps. Even if you have no experience with the Registry Editor you will still be able to figure this out.

-----------
This is tested on both Windows XP and Vista.
-Jake

Attachments

• Wc3 WideScreen Guide by JakeCake.rar
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,925
Last edited:
Level 14
Here i fixed most of you're major grammar.

Only for people with Widescreen monitors, But if you are bored you can read it anyway.:grin:

Hello and welcome to my first Tutorial. Give me +rep or stop reading, or else its a crime.:grin:

Thank you for the +rep. :wink:
Okay lets start now. I, have a 1366x768 LG monitor and i really love it, but I, dislike it when i play WarCraft III because the max resolution is 1024x768 + it stretches out and makes it looks like a 800x600 or something. :cry:

Untill a few days ago i thought that Warcraft III did not support Wide Screens, "But" I was wrong, its just a little harder to enable then i thought.

I, searched the internet for a long time without finding any working tutorials, so i started to figure this out by myself, And after a few minutes looking in the Registry editor i found a "Working" way to do it. With "No" stretches. :thumbs_up:

Solution:
I guess i can explain it here, but its just easier to download my homemade application guide, it will auto-open any program needed and tell you exactly what to do in 3 easy steps. Even if you have no experience with the Registry Editor or the Windows system you will be able to figure this out.
[170 Kb]

Note: Sorry Mac users, you must find a way to do this yourself.
Note2: Tested on XP & Vista, both working perfectly!

Note3: I wrote this a little fast, I will update the grammar when i get some time.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What the hell are you on about?!

I ran WC3 on a 1980*1280 laptop and it had NO PROBLEMS seeing and letting me use that resolution in the game options without requiring me to use any programs or change any external settings.

It sounds like your dirvers are very shacky as you should not need to do anything to make it work wide screened next to go to WC3's options.

Please give more details on your drivers ECT and also please explain it in more detail on this page and not in the file (although the file can be used as an additional help source).

Level 9
Yeah i got some friends who can play wc3 on a wide screen monitor using the in-game options, but i and two other frinds can't.

My graphic card + Driver is about 2 month old: AMD HD 2600 XT i think, with driver version 1.22 or something(newest).
I "think" that some computers can, and some can't. Can you tell me what computer you have, is it one you builded yourself or one you buyed from a shop without modifactions, and is it an new/old computer.

Last edited: