• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] WarCraft III launching issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I have a problem, which I have not encountered before.
WarCraft III launcher suddenly has a weird behavior.
  • It gives me a critical error (with no details & no registration in the Errors report) when I launch it, but for some reason it will normally load on the third attempt.
  • Once I minimize it and then restore the window, it will simply shut down.

What could possibly be the cause (anti-virus/firewall have never interfered with it in the past and everything looks good)?

It sounds like an error in the MPQ or dll files, you can either try reinstalling or replacing the files in your directory with a good copy from friends or sites. Either way I suggest reinstall to fix your problem, should only take a few hours at most. Nasty problem, I had this occur as well but a bit differently. Your antivirus/firewall might be bugged as well though so....

As Radicool said, if it was your antivurs or firewall then they would likely report to you. Try turning them off to see if it works normally, make sure you have no internet connections open though like no browser, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.