• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
upload_2019-9-18_14-28-44.png

Do anyone know how to fix this problem ? i get it since i upgrade warcraft 1.30.4 to 1.31 and get that error then i upgrade back to 1.30.4 and have that same Error too now i can't play 1.30.4 and 1.31 . can only play 1.30.1 , i need help can anyone know how to fix it

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@Redbody: Please read this post.

Do anyone know how to fix this problem ? [...]
As per the official v1.31.0 Patch notes, WC3 now defaults to using DirectX 11.

Now, I am under the impression that the G31/G33 family of graphics and memory controllers use the Intel GMA 3100 as their integrated graphics chipset. And I doubt that it supports DirectX 11 at all.

Therefore, please try to launch WC3 v1.31.1 with the -graphicsapi Direct3D9 command line argument.

** Update **

Confirmed, from the official Product Brief for the Intel® G31 Express Chipset:
"[...] The Intel G31 Express Chipset delivers [...] capabilities and features to meet entry consumer needs with the new [Intel® GMA 3100]. With support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0c, Shader Model 2.0 and OpenGL 1.4, Intel GMA 3100 delivers excellent 3D graphics and stunning graphics responsiveness. [...]"

i upgrade [...] to 1.31 and get that error then i upgrade back to 1.30.4 and have that same Error too now i can't play 1.30.4 and 1.31
There is no official way to downgrade WC3. Therefore I am assuming that your WC3 installation is a mess / a frankeninstall. Please completely uninstall the game properly, and then reinstall it with the official online Blizzard installer. After that, please try to launch WC3 v1.31.1 with the -graphicsapi Direct3D9 command line argument.

For those who need to use any previous version of WC3 along with the most current one, please consider using Virtual Machines to install your previous version(s) of the game there, in order to keep your latest and up to date installation of the game clean. I personally suggest using VMware Workstation Player (documentation here, download for v15.5.0 there). For virtual hard disk images of Microsoft Windows 7, one can download and use legally and for a limited time without activation any of the ones from this site. Please also read the FAQ in full before complaining that you do not know how to log into these security-hardened versions of Windows 7.

As a side note, for versions of WC3 <=1.29.2, Windows XP is enough. Likewise, such virtual hard disk images for XP and Vista exist(ed); they can be retrieved and downloaded from the site maintaining the FDCC standard, which is still archived on archive.org.

Last edited:
Level 3
Well i have try to uninstall the game with CC cleaner and still not work , still cannot place it on C:\window even i have a lot of space so i have give up on upgrade it now still playing the 1.30.1 warcraft ~~ but thanks for the respond hope it could help more people too

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Out of curiosity, what OS are you using?

Well i have try to uninstall the game with CC cleaner and still not work [...]
Does CCleaner show an entry for the game in Tools / Uninstall?

ccleaner.jpg

This will be the case, only if the game has been properly installed.

[...] still cannot place it on C:\window even i have a lot of space [...]
:eekani:
This is obviously *not* the default installation folder for the game.

[...] i have give up on upgrade it now still playing the 1.30.1 warcraft [...]
Should you want to try again to install the current version of WC3, then please use its official online Blizzard installer for Windows. After that, please try to launch the game with the -graphicsapi Direct3D9 command line argument, because your Intel GMA 3100 graphics chipset does not support Direct3D 11.

Be aware that DirectX 9 / OpenGL support may be removed in the future.

I am unsure how the change to hardware TnL since 1.31.0 might affect (or not) afterwards a 1.30.4 installation of the game because of your graphics chipset...

Last edited:
Level 3
ah yes it show
upload_2019-10-11_11-48-28.png

but i don't know why i cannot uninstall it anymore when i click it show up this
upload_2019-10-11_11-49-37.png

i have version 1.24e and 1.30.1 in my computer did it cause the problem ?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Having multiple previous versions of the game installed has never been supported by Blizzard. One is supposed to run the current version of WC3, plus eventually the PTR version. This is why I personally suggest to install and run any previous versions of the game from inside VMs, to keep things clean.

Error Code BLZBNTBNU00000006 typically occurs when the application being installed was already uninstalled. Please have a look here for possible solutions:
BLZBNTBNU00000006 - Blizzard Support

Should you want to try again to install the current version of WC3, then please use its official online Blizzard installer for Windows. After that, please try to launch the game with the -graphicsapi Direct3D9 command line argument, because your Intel GMA 3100 graphics chipset does not support Direct3D 11.

I see your Windows 7 computer has 2GB RAM. I am trusting that at least 256MB is used for the Intel GMA 3100, as shared memory?

In the future, your current computer may become more and more borderline for running the latest version of the game:
Warcraft III System Requirements - Blizzard Support

Level 3
Having multiple previous versions of the game installed has never been supported by Blizzard. One is supposed to run the current version of WC3, plus eventually the PTR version. This is why I personally suggest to install and run any previous versions of the game from inside VMs, to keep things clean.

Error Code BLZBNTBNU00000006 typically occurs when the application being installed was already uninstalled. Please have a look here for possible solutions:
BLZBNTBNU00000006 - Blizzard Support

I see your Windows 7 computer has 2GB RAM. I am trusting that at least 256MB is used for the Intel GMA 3100, as shared memory?

In the future, your current computer may become more and more borderline for running the latest version of the game:
Warcraft III System Requirements - Blizzard Support
Hey hello it's been a while thanks for your support but i manage to use warcraft 1.30.4 by down here Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files . it's seems like launcher have a problem no because my computer , do you know someone have 1.31 files like that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.