• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

Hope you do not get excited to see a campaign in the map development thread but then only see a few sentences of writing :).

I am just making this thread because i am starting my campaign based on the book Beyond the Dark Portal, i feel it is useful to have this thread to mark my progress. I will not make any promises concerning release date ( though i will be spending a great deal of my free time on this project ), but i will release this campaign in the end.

I will post updates on this thread, have a nice day.
dos-warcraft-ii-beyond-the-dark-portal-admin-39292.jpg

Level 23
~~~Reserved for Future Update~~~

Link for map thread:

Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

Update: 4th January 2018.

I have finally finished compiling all the work i need on the object editor. This campaign includes 8 custom races, the two playable races (orcs and humans) and 6 non playable races (Arakkoa, Bandit, Fel Orc, Skeletal Legion, Fire Elemental and Void Beast.) The two tech trees for humans and orcs are completely custom. All 8 races are now completed as of this update.

The heroes all have custom spells that are extremely fun (a few original spells are used on on special missions). All the heroes with the exception of Deathwing's ultimate are completed as of this update.

With all the heroes and races completed, i am starting work on the campaign itself. While i originally planned to make this as a single player campaign, i have recently felt quite bad that many multiplayer maps in the development section of the forums are overlooked in favour of single player campaigns: this is a really sad phenomenon, as a great part of what made warcraft 3 special was its fantastic multiplayer custom scene. So, in light of this, i am going to try to make this campaign in the format of the 2player campaigns, that is, they will all be released one map at a time, with a save/load feature. It will be playable for single player of course, but i want to make something that not only provides solo players with fun, but can also bring 2 friends together to play warcraft 3.

I will update pictures to my album, so if you want to see what this is all about without downloading the maps, feel free to browse through the media below:
Beyond the Dark Portal | HIVE

Update: 7th January 2018.

BDP 01 Shattered Spirits (cinematic) has been uploaded.

~~~Please take the time to read the map description for each map, it will help provide you with all the necessary information you need~~~

I will update pictures to my album, so if you want to see what this is all about without downloading the maps, feel free to browse through the media:

Campaign Series Development Link

[Campaign] - Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

BDR01 Shattered Spirits.

Orc opening cinematic.

It has been months since the invasion of Azeroth began. Draenor, once a site of constant struggle between the various clans, has experienced unprecedented peace, with the vast majority of the Orcs having been conscripted into the Horde. That peace, however, is about to be
shattered...

My attempt to recreate the experience of the novel Beyond the Dark Portal [Christie Golden, Aaron Rosenburg] in the form of a Warcraft 3 Coop map series.

If you are using a Mac please do not play as red, only purple, there seems to be a strange crash exclusive to red even though red and purple are identical.

The campaign is designed as a two player campaign based on the novel Beyond the Dark portal. You save/load your heroes from each map to the next. There are two play controlled forces in each map: the force in control of the SECONDARY HERO and the force in control of the PRIMARY HERO. The player controlling the secondary hero is red / blue for horde missions and alliance missions respectively. The player controlling the primary hero is Purple / Teal for horde missions and alliance missions respectively.

Red/Blue control the base + their secondary hero, while purple/teal only have control over their own hero. To compensate, the primary hero is expected to become the main carry late game. However, on the hard difficulty, it is expected that control will be shared.

If you are playing solo, i highly recommend easy mode. Even though you can basically win without doing much playing easy, you will see all cinematics and follow the story.

Normal is for 2 players who are new to the map. I very much recommend 2 players since the micro required for this mission is very high.

Insane is designed for people reloading their saves from normal and easy. It is beatable without loading, but there is a chance you will be destroyed due to not knowing the game mechanics.

Insane mode is the only mode that allows you to fight the optional boss and acquire the two artifact items + the first part of the code that will unlock a secret cinematic at the end of the series.

Hero sets:
Secondary-Rexxar, Primary- Grom.
Secondary- Kurdran, Primary- Danath
Secondary- Turalyon, Primary Khadgar
Secondary- Tagar, Primary- Fenris
Secondary- Lady Katrrana Prestor, Primary- Deathwing
Secondary- Korialstrasz, Primary- Antonidas
Secondary- Dentarg, Primary- Teron

I have designed the primary heroes to be really fun and enjoyable to play with, so if you play with your friend, i highly suggest you have one person play the primary hero for some hero sets and for other hero sets let another person play the primary hero.

I have/am/will continue to be spending a lot of effort reimporting resources so this can be a real two player custom campaign, so while I know it is complicated finding a partner to complete this series with, please for my sake at least try to find someone to play with, either on these forums or online. The reason I am making this a two player mod is because I want more people playing online with other people :)

And please, do not forget to leave feedback!

Credits are divided into two parts: The first contains local resources used exclusively in this particular map and the second contains global resources that are connected to the playerable heroes + the 6 races ingame.

Local Resources:
Credits: frostwolf- Orcwarlockred, amigurumi- demonpillar, amigurumi- demonobelisk, amigurumi- demonbrazier, communist_orc- spikes(wood), proxy-deathknight, will the almighty- Ion Cannon, Marcelo hossomi- barbarian skills, communist_orc- wall(wood), dark hunter 1357- Orc archway, forgotten_warlord- goblin tent, athur12A2- paper lanterns, dark hunter 1357- orcogrimmarbigfire, kwaliti- Orc wall banner

Global Resources: In progress

Changelog

v0.075-initial release.
v0.080-grammar fixes, loading screen updated, floating text changed to display in some places.
v0.081-"author" changed to Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg.
v0.085- cinematics skip-able
v0.086- grammar errors

Update: 5th February 2018.

BDP 02 Tensions (cinematic) has been uploaded.

~~~Please take the time to read the map description for each map, it will help provide you with all the necessary information you need~~~

I will update pictures to my album, so if you want to see what this is all about without downloading the maps, feel free to browse through the media:

Campaign Series Development Link:

BDR02 Tensions.

Human opening cinematic.

At the newly constructed Nethergarde Keep, the first project jointly funded by all the factions of the Alliance since the victory at Blackrock Spire, the leaders of the Kingdoms gather together...

Credits are divided into two parts: The first contains local resources used exclusively in this particular map and the second contains global resources that are connected to the playerable heroes + the 6 races ingame.

Local Resources:
Cloudwolf- Galen Trollbane, Stefan.K- Human Captain, Tranquil- Wall set, Mike- Fountain, Imforfun- Garden fence, Imforfun- Garden Woven Wall, Direfury- Human hero, Tranquil- King, JesusHipster- Leaves weather effect, Tranquil- Castle stairs, Tranquiil- Stained Glass windows, Tranquil- Rays, Tranquil- Carpet01

Changelog

v0.063-initial release.
v0.064-spelling mistake fixed, "author" changed to Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg.
v0.068- cinematics skip-able
v0.069- grammar errors

Update: 16 February 2018

BDP 03 Whispers of the Past (playable mission) has been uploaded.

BDR03 Whispers of the Past.

Orc playable mission.

With the Dark Portal’s destruction, the Horde lost what had originally brought the Orcish tribes together: a common enemy. The cohesion that defined the united factions was no more, and the Orcs began slaughtering each other. The Warsong clan, once one of the greatest clans of Draenor, became a shadow of its former self since its chieftain, Grom Hellscream, refused to employ the dishonourable tactics that so many of the other clans began resorting to. The glory of the Warsong clan now exists only in the whispers between old Orcs reminiscing of the past, but what was once great can still be great again, and a meeting between Hellscream and Ner’zhul may just be the catalyst needed for the rebirth of a legend...

Local Resources:
General Frank- Fel Orc Warlord, Cuore- Robo-pig, Sephiroth_VII- GiantSandworm

Changelog

v0.145- initial release.
v0.148- fixed 1 grammar mistake, the robot pig model is fixed, the ending cinematics has been updated concerning Hurkan, the save system will now only rewrite over a save from the same mission (it will not rewrite saves from other missions)
v0.153- adjusted easy/normal difficulty, corrected the chapter number of the next mission to load grom+rex into, auto defeat added when red's buildings all die, small edits.

In my mind, v0.153 is as complete as this map will be, with the exception of the update that will allow cinematics to be skipped, which I will implement before i release the next map with this hero set (chapter fourteen)
v0.154- "author" changed to Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg, fixed level cap.
v0.167- cinematics skip-able
v0.173- grammar errors
v0.176- selection cleared at start

Update: 19 February 2018

Ok I have decided to make some changes in order to ensure this project at least tries to near completion. Essentially, when I was making the object data last year, I was also messing around with the missions. Quite a few of the maps in the campaign have everything they need to be playable, but when I decided to publish the first playable map (03-Grom/Rex) I decided to remake it all from a new map, since all the other maps have every single resource the campaign uses packed into it, making it start of as 21MB in size without even considering the mission itself. This was a disaster, as even though the only things I needed to reimport were the Fel orc race, a minor part of the Arakkoa, and a minor part of the Horde tech tree, as well as Grom's and Rexxar's spells, it too far too long that it should have.

I have now decided to scrap this idea since I will never be able to complete the campaign this way. As such every map from now on will use what I have already for it when i was doing the object data last year. The bad side of this is every map will be 35mb+ (21 mb base, 3 music songs which i cannot compress is 13 mb).

Update: 1 March 2018

BDP 04 Fractured Alliance (playable mission) has been uploaded.

BDR04 Fractured Alliance.

Human playable mission.

Under Turalyon’s instructions, the Alliance regiment proceeds to the site where the Dark Portal formerly stood under the direction of Danath Trollbane and Dwarven representative Kurdran Wildhammer. Trudging through the murky Swamps of Sorrow that guard their destination, the Alliance forces ignore the nubulous gloom that obscures the foul waters of the Swamp, and recall their warm beds back home. But the oppressive morass can send one’s soul to dark places, and as the warm beds the Alliance warriors think back to seem ever so distant, malevolent thoughts begin to creep into the minds of even the most benevolent of men...

Local Resources:
Callahan- AngryTrunk, Calahan- Thorny Creeper, Callahan- Venolia, Callahan- pyrolia, Callahan- Fungovor, Deep Sea Kraken- Tree Golem, Peekay- Nature Mastery, JollyD- Nature Amulet, Rondo- Guillotine, FreddyK- Toad Rider

Changelog

v0.086- initial release.
v0.087- fixed the spelling error on the loading screen, made the final boss a tiny bit stronger.
v0.088- added a "Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg" line at the end, fixed level cap.
v0.089- fixed description and colour code on the artifacts
v0.109- cinematics skip-able
v0.110- selection cleared at start

Update: 2 March 2018

BDP 05 Dark Clouds (cinematic) has been uploaded.

BDR05 Dark Clouds.

Orc cinematic.

Whispers. Soft susurrations, barely heard unless listened for. The flutter of a bird’s wings in flight, the sound of a leaf drifting toward the earth... these were louder than the whispers that teased at Ner’zhul’s ears. The voice---sycophantic, anxious for approval, eagerly answering questions and offering solutions---barely hid its vast contempt and lust for power. Ner’zhul mocked the voice for believing it could lull him into the same false sense of security as it had long ago in a distant age, not yet realizing that he was slowly succumbing to the same madness he had once fallen victim to...

Local Resources:
kellym0- animated cattail, Kellym0- animated flower, mc !- arcane tome, massivemaster- castle, pvt.toma- gnome castle, kellym0- puddleofwateritem, thrikodius- moon, andrewoverload519- naga nazjatar gate, general frank- orb of lightning, forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks, Forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks 2, Forgotten_warlord- mag'har barracks (3?), takakenji- orcish wall, rondo- pechkessel1, mike- rack(torture), sin'dorei300- ruinedcarvedwall, grey knight- staff item, illidan(evil)x- stormy castle citadel, wandering Soul- villagetowncity, teaspoon- wooden barricade, kwaliti- dark portal, em!- minicity, freddyk- orcveeteran, proxy- heroorc_marauder

Changelog

v0.071-initial release.
v0.072- added a "Christie Golden/Aaron Rosenberg" line at the end, fixed transparency on Gul'dan for purple, changed footman to blue.
v0.074- cinematics skip-able

Update: 15 March 2018

BDP 06 Silent Edge (playable mission) has been uploaded.

BDR06 Silent Edge.

Orc playable mission.

Clouds hung low over Stormwind, brushing the tips of the city’s many towers. A chill wind tugged at the guards’ cloaks as they huddled at their posts at the side entrance to the city. They shivered, but paid no real heed to the particularly cold breeze that wafted through the trees towards them. Forward it swirled, dancing between the rocks and ferns until it reached the guards. They began squinting as the shadows around them seemed to deepen, until a strong breeze sprang up, whisking the shadows away to reveal several figures in their stead. One of the guards inhaled to cry out an alarm as he drew his sword---he never got the chance, as one of the figures, who towered over his companions, brought down his magically charged fist, killing all three of the guards with one fel blow...

Local Resources:
Tranquil- drawbridge, kuhneghetz- fall in love buff, alethos- old witch, cavman- crocs green and blue, herrdave- bishop hero, kitabatake- darkstar

Changelog

v0.069- initial release.
v0.074- cinematics skip-able
v0.075- selection cleared at start

BDP 07 Where Memories Await (cinematic) has been uploaded.

BDR07 Where Memories Await.

Orc cinematic.

Three days later, both Teron Gorefiend’s group and Fenris’ group converged on Blackrock Spire. As the expedition scaled the treacherous landscape in hopes of reaching the top of the spire, Teron’s lips curled in wry memory. This region was where Ogrim Doomhammer had established one of the greatest orc fortresses in Azeroth and where Teron, along with the other Death Knights, had been introduced to the Horde by the Warchief as the key force that would enable the orcs to claim victory over the Alliance. Ironically, this area was also where Doomhammer had been defeated in single combat by Turalyon during the final battle of the Second War. Defeat and victory both had their ghosts here, and with that in mind, Teron marched towards the Blackhand Brothers’ fortress located at the peak of the mountains...

Local Resources:
Credits: Direfury- Orc Blademaster, Direfury- Blademaster, kellym0- Lavaslagv46, ikillforeyou- nightsky box, hayate- lava pit, happytauren- lava, kellym0- lava bridge, thrikodius- moon,

Changelog

v0.044-initial release.
v0.046- cinematics skip-able

For the past maps I have been able to upload them quickly because I had done work during the process of compiling all the object editor last year. I will soon be forced to upload them slower since I will be starting from scratch. However, all the stuff I need for the maps is already there, and my templates for cinematics (both cinematic missions + cinematics in game) make it possible for me to make the cinematics at a very efficient speed, plus I do not spend time "planning" (staring blankly at the World Editor day dreaming about how great the campaign will be when it is finished) so I believe I will still be able to upload at a reasonably fast speed. For the next 2+ maps I already have the content, so they will be published fast, but even after that as long as I do not deviate from my template for cinematic spam, they will be published fast since all the material is there.[/hidden]

Update: 13 April 2018
I have now implemented a skip cinematic trigger, so that now people can play the maps and actually be able to replay them without having to watch all the cinematic (replay is necessary since for single players/weak RTS players, the only way to win legendary is to reload your save from easy/normal into insane)
For fully cinematic maps, the skip system is the same as the Blizzard campaigns, i,e red/blue will be able to skip the cinematics at any time.
For playable maps, red/blue is given a 5 second window at the start of every cinematic to skip, otherwise they become unskipable.

I will upload the updated maps 1-7 with the cinematic skipability once I have tested the maps on 1.29. All future maps uploaded will have the skipability implemented, so people can play them as soon as they are released. After that, the only changes I will need to make to maps in the future (assuming all the bugs arising from the 1.29 patch are fixed by bliz) will be to (hopefully) ask the guys whose UI i use to update the UI for 1.29.

Update: 19 May 2018
Ok, since the people who made the UI for I use for the humans / orcs probably will not be updating the UI for widescreen in anytime soon, I have not bothered to update the maps for 1.29. All are tested on 1.29, of course, since i need to test them with friends on 1.29.
Map 1-3 have been updated with the cinematic skip function, just 4-7 left, and every other map I am about to upload will already have it as a feature, just waiting on friends to test 4-7 then I can upload them + the others. Also, I have reworked the 2nd player so that their hero does not cost gold to revive, since using f11 to pass gold is not intuitive for players new to warcraft 3, but the second hero now takes double the time to revive, which is essentially game over on the insane difficulty for RTS missions.

A quick note on difficulty and saving.
For difficulty, this campaign has been made more with an emphasis on new players, since easy/normal really cater to them. I should note that some areas of the chapters seem wrong on easy/normal, since quests that give you the choice of an easy but long path, or a short but hard path do not correspond with the choices on easy/normal since they are so much easier. Insane is what you need to play to see how I intended the game to be played, which is why you can load your heroes back into insane to play the level on insane ( and artifacts are only available on insane ).

Regarding Loading
Each level has a level cap for the heroes being used, and you cannot go past that cap. If you reload your heroes at the maximum level for that mission, you can gain experience past the level cap, but as soon as you go up one level the triggers will force you back to the level cap so you cannot accidentally level your hero up to 14 on the first mission for that hero set. Note, however, this is only done so you do not ruin the experience of leveling up through the entire series, and not to stop you from loading super high level heroes into a early mission. Once you hit level 14 and save, you will be able to load your level 14 hero into previous maps and the restriction will not apply, since it is assumed if you have hit 14 you have already played through all the relevant missions.

And just as an additional reminder, I have mentioned it before but if you are playing in single player you must play as red/blue, since they control all the commands to start and load the game. Teal/purple are the hero only teams, though on insane it is expected you will be helping your ally micro units.

Update: 27 April 2018
From 1-7 all maps now have skip-able cinematics, all future maps uploaded will now have cinematics skip-able when they are uploaded.

BDP 08 Vile Peaks (playable mission) has been uploaded. This is the orc bonus mission. You need to have figured out the puzzle on map 06 to activate it. The heroes do appear in other maps, but you cannot save them since Deathwing + Katrana are too powerful to appear in normal missions.

BDR03 Vile Peaks.

Orc playable mission.

Three hours later, the Dragon Aspect formerly known as the Earth-Warder gazed upon the volcano Blackrock Spire was named after. The monstrosity that was now Deathwing turned his head towards the Blackrock clan’s lair, his cruel red eyes shining with a frightening malevolence. Rivulets of lava and magma under the great wyrm’s scorched scales became visible as he shifted his colossal body to regard the newcomer approaching him. His daughter smiled as she caught his gaze, and together they turned their attention towards the orcs that would soon become the slaves that would help them build an empire that would shake the very foundations of Azeroth.

Local Resources:
Direfury- Orc Blademaster, Direfury- Blademaster, kuhneghetz- weredragonred, Mr.bob- Metal Mine, Fuzzyfury- Dwarven Mining Cart, Tranquil- Hero Geomancer, Thrikodius- fire elemental hound, mc !- Rock Golem, happytauren- lava, icewolf055- firetemple keeper, paulH- Dark Iron Clansman, Sellenisko- Twilight Ascendant, sephiroth_vII- Doombeast, blacksebastian- railway_long, Ujimasa hojo- chaos warlord derivatives, General Frank- Demonish Bulwark, MasterHaosis-Chaos spirit gateway, Masterhaosis- demonic crystal generator, Masterhaosis- chaos vault,

Changelog

v0.055- initial release

BDP 09 Solace from the Snow (cinematic) has been uploaded.
It seems the map will crash if you play red and do not have high settings on*

BDR09 Solace from the Snow.

Orc cinematic.

The wind howled, piling up snow in drifts, blinding the night with silver dust. Hills and trees that were once easily visible on the horizon suddenly vanished, swallowed in white. Intricate patterns of ice floated downwards from the unblemished sky above, each flake fluttering almost happily, before a frigid wind carried them towards the ominous castle that protruded clumsily from the mountains...

Local Resources:
Credits:
Deolrin- Christmas snow globe, Illidan(evil)X- Storm Castle Citadel, darkdeathknight- bearrug_ddk, radagast- castlefloor, xorkatoss- castle wall, sin'dorei300- Pandarenpainting, Horn- Ice bolt, kuhneghetz- royal crown, Ket- inquisitor, Thrikodius- Frosty Snowman, Cloudwolf- Galen Trollbane, Tranquil- King, Direfury- Human Hero, Tranquil- Stained Glass Window, Tauer- Orgrim Doomhammer, Proxy- deathknight, Mc!- Arcane Tome,

Changelog

v0.029-initial release
v0.030- selection cleared at start

Update: 29 April 2018
I have been testing the campaign in 1.28 myself, and do not often test in 1.29 since I am going to release this in 1.28 so more people can access it, but I have found that players in 1.29 will experience the game slightly differently, in that because of the widescreen, you can see things during cinematics that i originally hid with the camera placement. This is most noticeable in map09 cinematic, where during the snow scene you can see the castle on the right side of the camera... Maps that have indoor settings, such as map02, will likely have walls and carpets which will flicker in and out on the sides if the camera have been extended on both sides... I am not sure how to fix this, its not a big problem its just means in the future I will be very careful about camera placement. But feel free to post screenshots of cinematic that show places that should not be shown on the left and right side in 1.29, and I might be able to fix them if the terrain is not so compact that I have no space to move things around.

Teron's custom model also seems to be affected in that his bottom right jaw and bottom scarf are now a deep red. I have contacted the author of the model to seek a solution.

Also, i noticed that I did not upload the correct link for map08, and I will not be able to access the editor for 2 weeks...

I updated the main post to reflect the 2 new addition races, fire elementals and void beasts.

Update: 18 June 2018
BDP 10 Indiscernible Truth (playable mission) has been uploaded.

BDR10 Indiscernible Truth

Orc playable mission.

Sabellian had set them down on a stretch of hilly land close to the harbour, separated from it by a small body of water. While there were no humans in sight, there were lights here and there. “Coat yourselves with mud”, Fenris instructed the other orcs. “We will need to move quickly, quietly, and without being seen.” As the group complied, Fenris felt a quick stab of wistful memory as he watched the faces of his companions turn brown. Once upon a time, his skin had also been deep brown in colour, as was the case for every orc on Draenor. Had things been so bad then? Had what they had gained since that time been worth losing their world and heritage for? Sometimes, Fenris wondered...

Local Resources:
Happycockroach- Otter, Deolrin- Buckets with and without water, Grimshaman- Lighthouse, Wherewolftherewolf- Large bubbles, Uncle Fester- Sunken Ship with Treasure, Uncle Fester- Murray in rock-cave, olofmoleman- dunkleosteus, Mosasaurus- olofmoleman, Blood Raven- Dojo Doodads, ILH- Wood Wall, Ujimasa Hojo- Arthas Menethil and Derivatives, Ujimasa Hojo- Paladin and Derivatives, Ujimasa Hojo- Beastmaster Derivatives, D.O.G.- patrick starfish, olofmoleman- spongebob squarepants, kellym0- puddle of water

Changelog

v0.065- initial release.

BDP 11 Beneath a Blue Sky (playable mission) has been uploaded.

BDR11 Beneath a Blue Sky.

Human playable mission.

Danath’s heart was thumping so hard he could barely hear Sky’ree’s wings flapping to his right. The thumping sound did not, however, hide the screams of his dying men that were scorched in his memory. He was so preoccupied with the horrific scenes playing repeatedly in his head that he almost ran into the vast stone wall that surrounded Nethergarde Keep. “Open the gates!” he shouted as loud as he could, holding his shield high before him so the guards could see the Alliance symbol emblazoned there. The men on the wall did not respond immediately, as their attention was focused primarily on the barbaric army right on Kurdran and Danath’s heels...

Local Resources:
Cavman- Worgen Footy, kuhneghetz- dire balverine, kuhneghetz- white balverine, -Grendel- Fur Warlord, Cavman- Suited Worgen, Cavman- Worgen Peasant, Sellensiko- Worgen Deathknight, Sellensiko- Adelas Deathclaw, Deolrin- Blood Elven Arcane Huntress, Ujimasa Hojo- Hydromancer, Ujimasa Hojo- Warlock(Highborne)

Changelog

v0.049- initial release.

Update: 13 July 2018
There seems to be an issue when the alternate altar is upgraded, for a split second it is the primary player's altar and not the secondary player's altar, so the spirit will never be stored in that altar. It should not be too much of an issue right now, since if the pre-placed alternate altar is destroyed your base is probably dead anyway, but I will try to fix it ASAP. In the mean time, do not let the pre-placed alternate altar die.

Update: 14 July 2018
Do not let this stop you from playing. You will not see this bug since if your preplaced alternate altar is destroyed, your base is probably dead anyway. I am going to upload revised versions of map 3 and 10 right now, which are the only ones you will see this on. The alternate altar will just be invulnerable, and you wont be able to upgrade the normal altar to the alternate altar. If you anyone wants it back to the way it was, feel free to post on this thread:

[General] - Hero Reviving Bugs- changing owner of Altar

Update 4th August 2018
Removed the unnecessary repetitive campaign information in each mission thread. Will update map 1-12 soon.

Edit: For various reasons stated in the map thread I am about to post, I am uploading all the maps finishes so far to the map section because I need to know if they work on 1.27 and below, since I am going through extreme annoyances making these maps on 1.28. I cannot test on 1.27 myself, because the version switched has create serious problems for me in the past + no one I know plays on 1.27 (I want to test it with 2 players).

Link for map thread:
Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)

The maps on this thread have been removed and will all be moved to the map thread over the course of the next 10 days.

Map Link has also been added at the top of this post.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey mate great to hear it, I've been wanting to do WCII Beyond the Dark Portal. But don't think I'd be able to properly enjoy it on the WCII engine.

If you managed to make a WCIII remake though, I'm sure I'd love the hell out of it.

Good luck with your work and keep us updated.

Level 2
Just discovered this project and it looks really promisong.
I hope I will get some time to test it at the weekend.

Keep up man!

Level 2
Screenshots in album look very nice, i really like the custom models you use in this campaign. I will give it a play.

Level 8
Hello, Dear Mr. tulee. I see your message about legacy of master. Thank you for your reminding. I want to translate the Unfinished version first. After finished version is released, I will retranslation it. In addition, I like your campaign Beyond The Dark Portal very much. After your campaign is released, can you allow me to translate it to Chinese?

Level 3
Hello, I'm a little lost. You said you've uploaded the links to the maps/cinematics, but I don't see them in this post chain or your user album/media posts. Can you please provide a download link? I'm very excited to try your project out for myself. I'd like to play it in full, so if the maps aren't compiled, can you please list all of the download links or tell me where on your page I can find them?

Status
Not open for further replies.