• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PORTAL AGE2 CANCELLED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Some of you may have heard me talking about Portal Age2, a map which is done 90% by now, but will be cancelled- permanently for official use. This is because someone called "Phil3r" or something like that has stolen the credit for Portal Age1. There will no longer be a number2. Sorry guys.

As if not that was enough, I have not feeled good the latest of time, and it could get worse. Sorry, Portal Age2 would had an unique gameplay, but I will only release it to people I truly trust, sorry.

This thanks to my stupid idea of making it open source. It was a lame ass idea of mine, I should never had thought of it. Play Portal Age1 now and be happy, since it will be my last released map.

I may release skins and some small stuff, but you need to whine first. :wink:

Level 2
dude ive never played portal age but when somebody takes credit that just sucks... i feel your sympathy, i made a beta test of my map and someone took the credit and updated it.

Level 6
Thanks for feeling the same thing. I might, by a 20% chance release Portal Age2, but that will probably not be this year. The story contains stuff copyrighted by me, and if released, will be ripped off. I might do a whole new version of it later on.

Level 12
Heh, you shouldn't be discouraged. If you know someone ripped you off, then immediately report them. Simple as it is. It's only fair that they get the penalty they deserve.

Level 6
How do I do that? Of what I know, there is no justice at b.net. He joined the game, got the map and changed the credits to himself (and probably removed all info about the beta testers).

Level 12
Use a map protector program of course. If they ever ask you about opening your map up, just tell them no and tutor them on about making a map like yours. Simple as it should be and good the way it is.

Level 6
Yes, I know, the reason I didnt protect it was because I wanted to teach the newbies (a silly idea) but what did you mean report? Who should I report to? Is there an underground warcraft police agency?

Level 9
lols

Well it seems that this guy pissed you off. Obviously your just trying to cover up that your to lazy to finish your map.

lol your dicouraged easily, try, try,try,try.... again.....

Btw the above text was stolen from a dictionary.
The dictionary stole it from the guy that made the english launguage.
He copied and edited the chinese laungauge.
So there its not just your stuff that gets copied. In fact you just copied stuff from blizzards map.

Level 5
Cyberatog said:
Yes, I know, the reason I didnt protect it was because I wanted to teach the newbies (a silly idea) but what did you mean report? Who should I report to? Is there an underground warcraft police agency?

Newbie = gays ,, you should know and everyone else does,, always protect your map as all cost even though the map got nothin to learn or else you're be regret,,,look bro,, i know there are three dudes on bnet right now using - Multi - program try to open popular map like ff open, dark lineage,, any open rpg map that has sets item and duplicatin items stuffs like my map angel of death,,or good cinamatic etc.. im not sure whats that program name but i heard one of the three guys said its call multi program, their nick names are long i can't remember ,, they whisper me on bnet and said they got my map and dark lineage map opens,,oh man i was like,,,,,, how the hell did you open my map even its protected ?,,,well i tried calm down and talk nice to them,,and ask them about those program,,so i think there is no point to protect map now,, cause some of stupid programer make that multi program, well im makin a new map now,,but maybe ill be play by myself then release it out :)

Level 3
make it better and release it if they realy are NOOBS then they will never be able to match the extra stuff you put into it change lots of little things noobs dont even know about like use a custom sky and write your name it it or sumthin

Level 8
Cyberatog said:
Some of you may have heard me talking about Portal Age2, a map which is done 90% by now, but will be cancelled- permanently for official use. This is because someone called "Phil3r" or something like that has stolen the credit for Portal Age1. There will no longer be a number2. Sorry guys.

As if not that was enough, I have not feeled good the latest of time, and it could get worse. Sorry, Portal Age2 would had an unique gameplay, but I will only release it to people I truly trust, sorry.

This thanks to my stupid idea of making it open source. It was a lame ass idea of mine, I should never had thought of it. Play Portal Age1 now and be happy, since it will be my last released map.

I may release skins and some small stuff, but you need to whine first. :wink:

That's why you put map protection on it, so those crap nuubs can't steal your work.

Level 6
Okay guys, It will be released but very late. Instead, I have started working on an old paused project which will be released in about spring next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.