• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Footman Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Warcraft Unit Models

Hey all!

Just wanted to share a model I've recently completed with the community. I'm a big Warcraft fan, and I thought it would be fun to see an iconic unit like the footman make it into SC2.

Footman_Poses.jpg

This unit is complete with animations (taken from Warcraft 3) and team color.

You can get the model from the following link

http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/warcraft-footman-model/

Last edited:

Triceron

Level 11
Technically, it is the Warcraft 3 footman. I started trying to make a true-to-war3 conversion, but design wasn't very inspiring. Things like the shape of the helmet and shoulders just didn't look good with a few extra polies, so I remodelled them based on the cinematic War3 footman instead.

Footman_War3.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to screen shot it ingame with a standard lightning model. It is hard to see how it will look ingame from the model editor. I am concerned the texture may need some work as it lacks imperfections one expects for a high quality footman. Also you may need to add physics to it so the cloth blows around properly if you have not done already.

Triceron

Level 11
Level 27
I beg you! Please, Upload these models on THW's resource section, SC2-WC3 modding community just won't fel complete without these!

Oh, and this is awesome! Are you going to seek recreating all the units, or only some of them?
Oh, and because of some mysterious reasons, I can't wait for you to make a peasant model :D

Level 9
I am very impressed with your models, you've done an exceptional job recreating Warcraft units in Starcraft II.

I'm looking foward to seeing what else you'll add, keep up the good work. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Triceron forgot to update this or something?

Troll_test.jpg
Archer_02.jpg

By the way, Triceron, if you can erase the Lordaeron symbol from the Footman's shield and have a player decal in there instead, that would be great -- Warcraft decals could be released separately. Grunts could have war paintings as decals, too, maybe?

Level 27
If you make the peasant models I may use them in my map in place of the civilian models. They'll need a whole ton of animations besides the ones in Warcraft III though for my map (so they can be used for farming and so they can use a variety of tools/weapons properly and so they can run, crouch, and go prone).

I could use Peasant model for myself.
152252-albums4526-picture44197.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.