• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft DDR

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne has finally brought us a rythm game!

A collaboration between 00Nobody and MaEt-ReLLiK, made from scratch (discluding the song).

Music, arrow based controls, crazy color changes, and a dancing Crypt Lord. Yup, Dance Dance Revolution has been brought to Warcraft!

Simple gameplay - Hit the corresponding arrow when it is in the hitbox!
Dance off - Play with a friend and see who is better!

Health Warning: Flashing lights and/or rapid color changing can cause seizures. It is not recommended that you play this map if you or anyone in your family has a history of seizures.

Credits:
Terrain: MaEt-ReLLiK
Start and "Rave" triggers/Dancers: MaEt-ReLLiK
Main gameplay triggers: 00Nobody
Song included: Titanic Techno Remix.

Disclaimer: We do not claim any ownership of DDR or the Titanic, its theme song or the techno remix.

Keywords:
DDR, Minigame.
Contents

Warcraft DDR (Map)

Reviews
15:56, 9th Jul 2008 Ash: This map is, surprisingly, entertaining. Even with the battle.net lag, you can get a few lols out of this with your mates. The only problem is, though, that it's playability factor is little to none. The song isn't exactly...

M

15:56, 9th Jul 2008
Ash: This map is, surprisingly, entertaining. Even with the battle.net lag, you can get a few lols out of this with your mates.

The only problem is, though, that it's playability factor is little to none. The song isn't exactly that hard to start off with, and I can guarantee you won't play this map more that 3-5 times.

On top of that you've got the player-factor. You can only have 2 people in the game at a time, so you won't really play it that often.

All in all, this map could be a lot better than it is. Sure enough it's entertaining, but the low selection of songs and the static -- and pretty easy -- difficulty level really gives it minus points.

2/5

Level 3
Here are some of my suggestions on making it better
1. dim the lights and dont make the lights get brighter when you start winning or get near the end cus that hurts ppls eyes
2. add more players atleast 2v2 or 1v1v1v1 im sure thers a way to do that
3.add a rematch feature and possibly another song cus i know how much songs take up memory space n all

Level 5
1. Ok, I'll definitely be changing that for the next version, if we make another.
2. Yeah... Well, if you ARE gonna see a new version, it's gonna be a while. Off the top of my head, theres around 16 regions for each player, and about as many triggers for each player. Adding the second player for this took around an hour, and we don't always have the time to work constantly.
3. Yes, a rematch feature would be pretty nice. And adding another song could maybe be done as well. It's all limited on what song we want to use, as some songs would make the map too big to play on Battle.net (even standalone, in a few cases). I'll tell you this much though: If we DO release a new version, it will probably have a different song than the one used in this one.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
This map is, surprisingly, entertaining. Even with the battle.net lag, you can get a few lols out of this with your mates.

The only problem is, though, that it's playability factor is little to none. The song isn't exactly that hard to start off with, and I can guarantee you won't play this map more that 3-5 times.

On top of that you've got the player-factor. You can only have 2 people in the game at a time, so you won't really play it that often.

All in all, this map could be a lot better than it is. Sure enough it's entertaining, but the low selection of songs and the static -- and pretty easy -- difficulty level really gives it minus points.

2/5

Level 12
Ill check it out, From the sound of it, it could be fun.
I hope in starcraft 2 editor there will be much faster input or some sorta way of doing it... Anyway not sure if its this way or not but i found hot keys run much much faster then arrow keys in my tetris game.K I ill check it out! :thumbs_up:

Edit:

Ok i tryed it...and...ITs Sweet! Super cool.
But my eyes hurt alot after only 30 sec.
lol Relly cool how the lights go. just slim them down a bit lol.

So Sweet game, Relly cool i just feel it needs a bit of polishing. :)

Suggestions.(feel free to disagree with any of my suggestions...its your game :) )
I might also suggest putting a pic for you mini map, Like your preview screen, but thats just small stuff.
Arrow Perhaps a little bigger, But no needed.
Consider using WASD Keys, Should improve input (On BNet) Alot. i played on lan i didn't notice any lag.
maybe 1-3 cameras.
A start up dilog boxs, that ask what song, and next to the song it shows the mode. Or you hit play all starting from easy. or somthing.

if you need help with any of that, or need somthing you look at my tetris game on this site (its not locked), you should be able to see how i did the mini map.
Or a way of doing the WASD keys instead of arrows. or a camera system, or even dilog box's.
Anyway i am sure you can figure it out either way.

Overall Rateing....4/5...i will change to 5/5 after its polished a little more.

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm never normally good with DDR, and was forced to quit, but what I saw of this was nice.