• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 World Editor 1.31.1.12164 is crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos & The Frozen Throne 1.31.1.12164 installed. When i heard they combined Warcraft 3 Classic with Reforged, i made a backup of my version 1.31.1.12164, and decided not to connect to Battle.net with it. With another copy of the game same directory, i went to Battle.net and turn it into Wacraft 3: Reforged. The problem is that the old World Editor is crashing now. I just want it to run again. Thanks.

Level 20
Try this:

- Open the Registry Editor - press Windows Key + R. Type in "regedit" (without quotes) in the window that opens and press Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, nagivate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment.
- Delete the "WorldEdit" folder (don't worry, once you start the editor it will recreate this folder).

I can't find the thread where this was already mentioned, but I've seen that it helped some people with their editor issues.

Level 2
Problem solved. Thanks you very much. I owe you a big one.

I think it was a bad idea combining Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne with Reforged. The data is different from Warcraft 3 version 1.31.1.12164 and Reforged. One custom data for The Frozen Throne and another for Reforged. Double the trouble for map editors. I just gonna make maps using the old editor.

By the way, 5 of June 2019 was the last update for The Frozen Throne before they turned the game into Reforged?

Level 1
Try this:

• Open the Registry Editor - press Windows Key + R. Type in "regedit" (without quotes) in the window that opens and press Enter.
  • In the Registry Editor, nagivate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment.
  • Delete the "WorldEdit" folder (don't worry, once you start the editor it will recreate this folder).

I can't find the thread where this was already mentioned, but I've seen that it helped some people with their editor issues.
I've been facing Wc3 and World Editor closing for half an hour and I get here Via Reddit, thanks for your valuable comment and help man.

Know me as Refusa,
Maybe one day we can play together^^

Status
Not open for further replies.