• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 TFT on loading crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
The game opens is a pirate game and old ISO, updated to 1.27a but get a critical error on loading.

Visual C/C++ 2013 required for 1.27a is installed.

My PC Specs:

Asus P5QL-SE BIOS updated.
Windows Vista SP2 (x86) DirectX10
Pentium Dual Core 2.8GHZ 64bits
4GB DDR2 (Incompatible mode running from BIOS x86, attempting to run 64bits)
Ati Radeon HD 4650 Catalyst 10.10
Creative Vibra PCI (Sound)

And his crashing on Compatiblity mode too, window mode too, opengl mode too, disable desktop composition too, disabe high DPI too.....

I believe is a anti-pirate from 1.27a patch any help?????

Or this Vista is the Windows NT??? because i never tested on him!!!

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The game opens is a pirate game and old ISO, updated to 1.27a but get a critical error on loading. [...]
I doubt it here on THW, since I understand your copy of the game is not genuine.

Windows Vista SP2 (x86) DirectX10

You should be able to update up to DirectX 11.0, fyi:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113
(but your graphic card should not be able to take advantage from it)

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks man, i believe that too, but i not interested DX11 :( i will update completely the Windows Vista if another solution don't appear. Not interested in updates! My windows is pirate too. DDR2 4GB is low yet so i just reinstalled the windows to don't update....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
More likely the malware crack from the pirated version was broken by the update. WC3 had all copy protection removed from it back in like 2008 odd so nothing stops you running a genuine install without a valid licence.

1. Reinstall WC3 from a trusted source. Best to download it straight from BattleNet. Even friends can provide the link as you still have to enter your valid CDKey when installing (which does not get authenticated so might not necessarily be genuine).
  2. Update graphic driver to lattes version. If using an OEM card then some times only OEM drivers will work due to minor hardware differences from stock cards.
  3. Install DirectX9. WC3 migrated to D3D9 from D3D8 with patch 1.27. D3D9 is not fully installed by default and is not part of DirectX11. Does not affect OpenGL mode operations.
Or this Vista is the Windows NT??? because i never tested on him!!!
Yes Windows Vista uses a Windows NT kernel. Just like...
  • Windows NT
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10
(server versions not mentioned)

Level 1
Anti-Virus accused the war3.exe(from installation of .ISO file) so this copy is on problems im trying to take another copy.....

Last edited:
Level 1
Thank You both, is a bad copy problem, now solved by another copy... or cd-key wrong for product i changed the cd-key of both...

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Status
Not open for further replies.