• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 Relauch ?

Level 23
I´ve heard that a possible remake of classic warcraft 3 is being done, is this true, what they will do ?
I don't know what you mean, the remake has already been done (Reforged), if you mean some rumor of something else, I already tell you that they won't do anything else and almost better... I heard something months ago about a possible relaunch of reforged itself but come on, it's the same shit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If they were to have an RTS team work on upgrading the SC2 engine, it would be fairly easy to remake WC3 in a more.. sane... way than Reforged. As there will be no custom maps to start with, people will not complain about any compatibility breaking features and so they would be free to get rid of all the annoying aspects of Warcraft III without concern.

That said, they might as well just make a Warcraft IV then. Would cost about the same to develop...