• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged can't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
After few attempts to make it work, again I'm having issues with starting up the Reforged.

The @Retera has gifted me Reforged a couple of days ago and after installing I had some pretty weird problems. First the terrain was bugged:
66-png.364596

bug-png.364597

gggg-png.364664
I couldn't load some units at all, some units didn't have their responding sounds when you click on them, death sounds were not there...After reinstalling the game the problem with the terrain was gone, but I couldn't open the World editor, I got this errors:
2-png.364638

3-png.364639
After scanning and 'repairing' the game I managed to open the world editor but after I tried to test the map same errors pop up and after that happens I can't even open the game at all.
After that I deleted all my warcraft 3 versions, deleted the battle net application and whole Blizzard entertainment folder from the registry files in hopes it will work after another reinstallation, but now I cannot even open the game at all. Same with the World editor. This pops up when I try to start the Reforged and WE from the battle net application:
ttt-png.364663

I tried to look for solutions on google, blizzard forums...but nothing. Seems like I'm the first one to encounter bugs like this.
This is my system specs:
s-png.363933
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Level 6
I think I found out what the problem is.
Did this start happening when you were on the editor?
Was the map Ice crown tileset?
And most importantly is there a unit with Archimonde model in it?

Edit : Nvm its not just archimonde every model crashes the editor

Another Edit : 90% of reforged models crash the editor, in classic Archimonde and tinker dont have models...

Last edit : I get one chance after every repair to open the game or the editor. Then reforged models instantly crash the game and im forced to repair again...

Last edited:
Level 50
I think I found out what the problem is.
Did this start happening when you were on the editor?
Was the map Ice crown tileset?
And most importantly is there a unit with Archimonde model in it?

Edit : Nvm its not just archimonde every model crashes the editor

Another Edit : 90% of reforged models crash the editor, in classic Archimonde and tinker dont have models...

Last edit : I get one chance after every repair to open the game or the editor. Then reforged models instantly crash the game and im forced to repair again...
Nope, the models worked. Except the Archmage. But yeah that sounds like errors I got too.
Some of the models were invisible in melee against the AI. Like Bandit mages...Now at the moment I'm facing a bug where the blue team color in the campaign missions is actually black for some reason...weird...
What are your system specs, btw?

Level 6
Yeah most models seem to be crashing the game specially on reforged. I couldnt even start a melee match on reforged.
Can you open the game/editor once after one repair as well?
I forgot to mention when I open war3 the back ground and loading screens are black.
I managed to play a vs melee with classic graphics and it didnt crash but I got a crash as soon as I started building something on reforged...

Specs:
GPU : Mx230
Ram : 8 gb
Windows : 10 64bit
CPU : Core i7 10th gen

Last edited:
Level 50
Wtf do we do then, It took two days for me to find the problem, I dont even want to know how much it will take to find the solution...
Honestly I have no idea. I thought it was my hard drives' issue but after checking those everything is alright. It looks like the game is screwed. Only thing I find weird is no one mentioned something like this on Blizzard forums.

Level 50
I played a melee match with classic graphics. Loading screen was black, blademaster had no textures, all footsteps and corpses were black squares... But at least it didnt crash!
And I thought the classic will work. I only tried melee on classic and it was fine. Though I didn't bother to play and train more units...Maybe they are screwed in my game too.

But there is no way to make the world editor work, the testing of the map I mean.

Level 50
Status
Not open for further replies.