• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 won't launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all, I apologize in advance if this thread was made in the wrong section.
Three days ago Windows 10 updated to it's latest version and after the update Warcraft 3 won't launch anymore.I double click the executable, the icon pops in the start bar for like 3 seconds then nothing happens and the game doesn't appear to be open in task manager.
I tried to reinstall twice and tried the compatibility thing already.
I want to mention that before the update I had no problems playing warcraft.Actually, I was in game the moment that update notification popped out.
If someone else had this problem, maybe he could help me.
Thank you in advance!

Have a great day!

Level 2
Have you tried running war3.exe? It might work perhaps..

Sir, you just saved my life if I can say that.And still, this shows how noob I am because, I never before had this idea until you said this.I just renamed the executable war3.exe and worked.
You have my thanks!

Level 13
Sir, you just saved my life if I can say that.And still, this shows how noob I am because, I never before had this idea until you said this.I just renamed the executable war3.exe and worked.
You have my thanks!
Glad to hear it. I also encountered problem like yours but slightly different
Also, never think yourself as a noob just because of only one problem :)

Level 8
This is the solution that worked for them:

Go into your warcraft III folder, find the .exe, and make sure it's named "war3.exe" exactly and without quotes.
On my computer it's named "Warcraft III.exe" without quotes, so if the above doens't work, try renaming it to that too.

Thank you.
I just realized this after re-installing the game and recovering the PC settings. Lucky my campaign wasn't protected on Hive. D:

Level 8
This is the solution that worked for them:

Go into your warcraft III folder, find the .exe, and make sure it's named "war3.exe" exactly and without quotes.
On my computer it's named "Warcraft III.exe" without quotes, so if the above doens't work, try renaming it to that too.

Euh, I kind of hate myself now.
I had the 1.27 and wanted the 1.29, so I updated.
There wasn't any new folder with warcraft III it in, instead, the 1.29 was added to the old 1.27 Warcraft III and we returned to the same problem.
I tried to run ''War3.exe.'' I mean it was just War3 ... This message appear ''Warcraft III was unable to find a CD key'' ... I actually bought Warcraft III online and don't have a CD, what do I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.