• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 process to send/receive external data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there any way to use some process to send/receive data during a warcraft 3 match against the computer? I'm thinking about using deep learning to create an AI that plays Meele games. But without a communication process, just using what the AI sees on the screen in real time, it would be too complicated and perhaps not ideal.

Thanks in advance.

The best I have heard of was to use the Preloader exploit that can record text strings from the map triggers and dump them into a text file.

Another option would be if you used an older version of the game with one of those reverse-engineered APIs to access any part of the game code that you wanted, maybe, although I have not personally used those much.

Level 4
The best I have heard of was to use the Preloader exploit that can record text strings from the map triggers and dump them into a text file.

Another option would be if you used an older version of the game with one of those reverse-engineered APIs to access any part of the game code that you wanted, maybe, although I have not personally used those much.
First, thank you very much!!! I think the Preloader solution, if it's a one-way solution (I can only receivegame data and not send) wouldn't suit me as I have to make the AI play the game after learning. The second, reverse-engineered, I don't know, but I also confess that it would partially serve me because in new versions of the game I couldn't use it (like reforged). But, going back to this solution: how do I find it and some documentation about it?

Level 39
This may move you n the correct direction: I would search for preload or preload() in the various programming and code resource subforums here to see what you dig up that's more recent than like 2018.

Level 4
This may move you n the correct direction: I would search for preload or preload() in the various programming and code resource subforums here to see what you dig up that's more recent than like 2018.
Thanks!!!! I will search and see what I can find.

EDITED:
I will also ask in other related threads if communication via process is possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.