• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne Amateur Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys, my name's BaDMaN. If you ever wished to take part in the championship but ended up with the idea that you haven't got enough skill, then this thread is just for you. The idea is very simple. I gather specific amount of players with average skill for the tournament, then depending on that amount I make groups or instantly start play-off brackets. At the time of this post registration was opened just for three hours and we already got 6 players. Since that's our first event, there won't be any entrance fee and prizes (except regalias of the winner). I will probably stream the event on twitch. Don't be shy, it's going to be very entertaining.

To participate in tournament you just need to contact me at [email protected] and provide following information:

• Your nickname
  • Declare the race you'll be playing (no random or race switches allowed)
  • Your name and country (optional, just for casting)
  • Approximate level of skill
  • Preferred ways of contacting you

Thank you for your attention, hope to see you on tournament! Brackets are available at http://challonge.com/WarcraftTournament.

Level 5
I'm not exactly an amateur, but my glory days of melee gaming are long behind me, so I would probably put myself somewhere in the middle. Still, I might sign up for the "advanced tournament" just for shits and giggles.

Level 3
Thanks for your feedback! I will surely PM you about the next tournament then. You can still participate in amateur tournament for them "shits and giggles", since there are some options like handicap or particular race you can't play good :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I can't beat insane without abusing it, would I qualify?

Level 3
Well, as I said, I've made this tournament, because I really want people to have fun, not just sweat and tears :). We're talking about some real amateurs here. Some of them haven't played warcraft for years, others are good at strategy, but not when it comes to playing. And of course you'll qualify, since there's no qualification at all, I just take every single player, you guys are golden these days :D

Level 5
Sounds good to me. I don't feel like sending an e-mail, so I'll just send you a PM with the info you requested if that's alright with you.

Level 3
Sure! I made this mailbox just to make the stuff as formal as I can :D
Will be waiting for your p.m., and jondrean, if you're reading this, yours too.

Level 3
Alright, got all those sweet PM's! Right now we have about 9-10 players, still not enough for the group stage, so don't be shy, send your submittions, bring your friends!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I haven't sent any PM cuz you haven't answered my question.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

oh, i didn't see that sorry.

im a lazy ass, so
Your nickname: jondrean
Declare the race you'll be playing (no random or race switches allowed): orc
Your name and country (optional, just for casting): swedish, herregud helvete! not actually, it's anonymous
Approximate level of skill Pretty bad, can't win insane without abusing :(
Preferred ways of contacting you: hive

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
God, thank you so much! :D
Right now I set the brackets for everyone to play with each other, not even groups or play-off, that's why there's a LOT of rounds. Guess we'll just wait for Azothan's answer and we're done.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Wait, you mean there's no schedule, we just play over time or what? o_O

Level 3
Of course there will be schedule. I just don't know the type yet. Let's wait for next week. It seems like we'll have instant play-off brackets.

Level 5
If someone wants to play with me while the tournament is still setting up, just hit me up with a PM.

Level 3
Alright guys, sorry for the silence, i'm back now. Now I got some messages from tournament players saying that they can't find servers in Battle.net (one of them is danish and another is dutch). Don't know how to react on that. They actually can't play. Anyway, schedule is ready, I just need to set the start time. What about next saturday?

Level 3
I need them test games now. I want to be sure that every single one of you'll be able to play. Tomorrow @ 16.00 (UTC) we'll try it out, I'll wait for you here.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Is UTC same as GMT? So if my time now is 23:49 I'm at GMT+2, so that time 16:00 is 18:00 for me?

Level 5
I'm kidding. I won't be available until around 7 pm CET time (which is 6 pm UTC).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hey isn't it now? So what to do?

Level 3
Yep, it's now. Basically what I want to do is test your connection. Those 2 guys solved it by simply using Hamachi (or smth else) to get into LAN. But I want to check how battle.net will work out for you.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Okay I'm on Northend now, what you mean by "WCFT22", channel or game :/ I'm confused

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Can't join it, but how 'bout moving to hive chat now

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hey this was nice tournament :)

I couldn't join the damn "WCFT22" after the lobby got shut down and never came back :)

Waited for 20 mins

So now I dl'ed hamachi, what's the group name and password? And what program I need to get LAN working?

Level 3
Hamachi is all you need, I guess. We tried to play using Battle.net, it worked only 3 times out of 8. So you guys be ready for the hamachi. The tournament start at next saturday, last connection test day is friday, sorry for all this mess.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Uhm, I'm pretty sure Hamachi needs to be connected in a group to work :/

That's how I used it with friends to play mc at least

Level 5
I've always had problems with hamachi. Why not simply use Game Ranger?

And jondrean is right.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Some info about the Hamachi group?

And what programs I need to emulate LAN environment over Hamachi?

Level 3
So LAN software we can use for this is Hamachi or Tunngle. I suggest tunngle, I used it before.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Come on, I just downloaded Hamachi -_-

Okay, how does one use Tunngle?

Status
Not open for further replies.