• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Editor + Warcraft 3 Windowed Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone

First of all, I'm am not completely new in here, I just haven't felt the need to post anything before now. Secondly, I generally search and brows various forums before asking questions; 80% of the time the answer is already out there. In my experience people should use this a little more:

1. Go to: www.google.com
2. Enter: "site:hiveworkshop.com <search string>"
3. Behold the magic! ;)

Anywho, back on track.

The question:
I want to run Warcraft 3 in Windowed Mode when running a map through the Editor (Ctrl+F9). Is this possible?
I am fully aware that you can run Warcraft 3 in this mode by creating a shortcut and add " -window" at the end of the path string; however, the Editor runs the game straight from the executable files - not shortcuts.

Why would I want this?
Because whenever I start Warcraft 3 it makes all my windows dance; by windows I mean running applications with interface, e.g. Firefox and Excel, and by dancing I mean windows go to a new, seemingly random location on the screen, and their positions and scaling values are not restored when I close down Warcraft 3. This seems to be happening when the resolution of Warcraft 3 is changing.

My specs:
  • I run Windows 7 (64-bit, fully compatible with x86)
  • I have two monitors. The start bar is on the secondary monitor. The primary monitor contains fullscreen applications, such as the Warcraft 3 game.

Bonus feature in Windowed Mode:
I can go directly to e.g. my Excel spreadsheet and change formulae and values, when I discover them, and make notes directly in the Warcraft 3 Editor on something that is acting differently than I want it to - all this without closing down Warcraft 3. Right now I have to remember up to 10 things after I shut down Warcraft 3 or have my laptop next to me. Being able to drag the mouse directly into other applications would be fantastic; though, I do not recommend Windowed Mode for when you're actually playing the game!

I haven't had any problems with the Editor (except the occational crashing, which is cause by the user ;> ), nor has Warcraft 3 done anything else than throwing windows to random positions.

So, is it possible to run Warcraft 3 in Windowed Mode through the Editor (Ctrl+F9)?

Thank you in advance

Level 2
Jass NewGen Pack includes this as a feature, among many others. It's under the 'Grimoire' tab. You should be able to use your amazing google skills to find it no problem :crazz:.
Thank you very much! I'll check it out.

Right click onto your "Frozen Throne.exe" shortcut
Select the field "Target"
After the text is in this field (it should be the path to the original .exe) type "-window" [without the "]
Behold the magic.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your words or you talk about how to run the game in windowed mode using shortcuts. This I commented in my very first post and won't help me in this regard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.