• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Editor and Warcraft 3 Version Out of Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if it is possible for me to be on 1.29 warcraft 3, but my editor is stuck on 1.28. I have tried to check through the forums, but key words did not produce any results. I was only alerted to this when I was posting an error box (screenshot) for an editor crash, and I was notified by another user that the editor was 1.28...

Tool: make WEU maps openable WE

I know this sounds stupid, but I do not remember seeing any of the new colours or any of the implemented changes for the 1.29 editor...

The thing is, because I do not have a stable situation to bet my own computer, I go to an internet cafe and copy paste my 1.28 version on there. I use the 1.28 version for my own project, but then if I need to go online, I just update to 1.29 with the copied over warcraft 3 folder. I have no problems getting on battlenet, but it seems that my editor is out of sync with the warcraft 3 version, if what the editor crash is saying about my version is correct.

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I realize this situation of copying war3 folder over is not optimal, but its my only choice. I cannot go and download war3 from bnet to install from the beginning every time i go there :/

Anyone have any ideas about the editor not being in sync with the warcraft version?

Level 23
Thanks Deepstrasz. The issue was, the 1.28 editor was in the same place where my warcraft 3 file was (1.29), so I naturally assumed the editor was the 1.29 editor since it was next to the 1.29 warcraft 3.

upload_2018-6-17_16-26-54.png

upload_2018-6-17_16-27-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.