• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Classic

Level 4
Hello everybody. I was just wondering. Are there any news or rumors that Blizzard is turning on servers for Warcraft 3 classic and maybe updating the game after Blizzcon 2023?

Level 8
If you are referring to a pre-reforged version of the game, there is and will be nothing. So much so, that Blizzard removed the original game so that we could only access the Reforged version.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The only Classic thing about Warcraft III is the standard graphics which you can access even if you have Reforged. The issue is only that you can't buy only the Classic/Standard part of the game but have to also buy the incorporated Reforged/HD graphics part.
Since ladder-wise the two are cross-compatible, the servers are for both, on.
Regardless, people prefer other non-official platforms due to better experience and features and fewer bugs.
As for updates, we're currently at patch 1.36 which isn't without bugs, especially World Editor related ones.

Level 4
If you are referring to a pre-reforged version of the game, there is and will be nothing. So much so, that Blizzard removed the original game so that we could only access the Reforged version
Yes I am referring to the pre reforged version. Guess I can't finnish my map then beacuse of that problem. Anyway thanks for the reply.

The only Classic thing about Warcraft III is the standard graphics which you can access even if you have Reforged. The issue is only that you can't buy only the Classic/Standard part of the game but have to also buy the incorporated Reforged/HD graphics part.
Since ladder-wise the two are cross-compatible, the servers are for both, on.
Regardless, people prefer other non-official platforms due to better experience and features and fewer bugs.
As for updates, we're currently at patch 1.36 which isn't without bugs, especially World Editor related ones.
Sorry i wasn't clear. What i meant with War3 Classic was the pre reforged version. Thank you for replying.