• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 campaign game file editing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys I'm new at modding and such so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to change minor details in game files. What I want to do sounds simple but I have no clue how to accomplish it. I want to change a characters ability permanently to another ability. Specifically I want to give a character like thrall or the farseer the Charm ability as opposed to the Earthquake ability.
Is this possible? Can it be done without causing serious errors to other game files?
Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.

Level 2
This would probably make you unable to play multiplayer. but if you still want to go on with this than you can do this through edititing the .slk files in the latest mpq either the patch or Wa3x one there are tools to edit them here on the hive jut check the tools section.

Status
Not open for further replies.