• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Background Changer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This tool is only used for fun, if you want your WC3 bg to be something else other than the Lich King's mountain...

Keywords:
WC3, Background, Changer, War, Craft, 3, Warcraft 3, BG, Change, Arthas, ROC, TFT
Contents

Warcraft 3 Background Changer (Binary)

Reviews
15:01, 5th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: We already have a tool which does this. The author is banned. And there is no screenshot.

M

15:01, 5th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

We already have a tool which does this. The author is banned. And there is no screenshot.

Level 20
Well I tried it and it works great. For those who don't know it makes the war3.patch mpq outside the folder you extracted this into. And then you need to copy and paste the mpq into your wc3 folder. I'd recommend backing up your old one.

My only concern with this is this. What about the files in the old patch mpq? Won't warcraft be missing those now causing errors?

If nothing else you taught me how to make my own backgrounds from scratch via mpq editor. You showed me it was possible and I took it further.

Also did you make this program? If not who did?

3/5 For now because I still have some concerns. Please reply back and then I'll use the hive's Vote system.

It shouldnt make any errors, because if that file is missing, the old mpq file (roc's background) will autodisplay in its place, ive done this a while ago with an mpq editor though, nice to see a program that does it for you... for less experienced people, Note: you should also include a link, to some backgrounds (extract all the game ones, and maybe add a few campaign ones....)

EDIT: Judgeing by program size, id say it already has them?
EDIT2: after testing it out, i realized, it disables battle.net play, and pretty much reverts the game back to how it was b4 the patch, rather than creating a new patch, the program should simply edit the old one, that way theres no room for error, and the user dosnt have to replace their files.... In this state i dont recomend aproval....

Last edited:
I wish s/he would continue this, as it is a potentially cool tool for newbie users, but you should use listbox so users can import their own loading screens into the filepack easily.... without replaceing

EDIT: http://files.filefront.com/war3+sh4peshifterzip/;8998840;/fileinfo.html/1/1
this prog does the same thing AND it allows editing of some of the ingame models, tested it and it works.. it also features backup, HOWEVER its not easily modable V.V, then again neither is this, you cant just throw a new background into the folder... well u can if u rename it to one of the other ones :p

Last edited:
Level 4
yOUR TOOL JUST RUIN MY GAME!!!! So i have to buy a new one and install it again! I cannot use Worldedit any more and my warcraft is crash every time i play!!!! Blame you! Blame hive that let you alive! uh.... i mean just improve your tool and dont let it crash my game.

You know.... The warcraft3 TFT worth 20.75 Buck. Because of YOU!!! WAARRRGGGHHH!
Whateveer

yOUR TOOL JUST RUIN MY GAME!!!! So i have to buy a new one and install it again! I cannot use Worldedit any more and my warcraft is crash every time i play!!!! Blame you! Blame hive that let you alive! uh.... i mean just improve your tool and dont let it crash my game.

You know.... The warcraft3 TFT worth 20.75 Buck. Because of YOU!!! WAARRRGGGHHH!
Whateveer

1st: Why the Harsh words?

2nd: Why buy warcraft III again, it jus don't make sense.

3rd: He actually told you to backup before you try this /: