• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Ambient Sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I don't know if this the right forum section to ask a simple question that stressed me out.
So lately, I tried to extract the ambient sounds of warcraft (like bird chirping, owl howling, wind etc.) It is a midi format but when I played it to windows media player, it just a keyboard sound. I don't know how to extract the ambient sounds of warcraft. If you guys know where can I find them in mp3 format please let me know and I will thank you a lot. :)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The ambient sounds themselves are in the DLS files.
DLS format - Wikipedia

Idk about the existing DLS sounds extractors, but I know you can play the Warcraft ambient sounds by using the Miles Sound Tools (or any other audio related software which can load both MIDI and DLS files).

To do so, please download this archive.
Then install the Miles Sound Tools 7.2g (it should include 64-bit versions of the tools, fyi).
Launch the Miles Sound Player.
Open the MIDI file you want to listen to, with its corresponding DLS file.
Enjoy! Tested on XP and works.

Level 12
For anyone who read this post in the future, without using the Miles Sound Tools, you can convert the ambient sounds of warcraft 3 into mp3 using programs like FL Studio.

However, it's not a direct conversion. You have to figure out some stuffs in there to make it work. This is what I kinda did.

By opening the mid file in FL Studio, it gives you layout and notes of all instruments in the file with keyboard sound. FL Studio also has a plugin that can open DLS files. Using that to import the proper ambient sounds to each instruments.

Combine both file into channels with audible ambient sounds, put them all in a playlist in FL Studio. Then you can save that playlist as an mp3 or any other file type provided by FL Studio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.