• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: A Haunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9

warcraft3ahaunting.jpg

Story
2 Months ago, a family living in Perth, Western Australia, were mysteriously found dead inside they're large home. They had weird satanic markings on their bodies, the mother and father seemed as if they killed themselves, one had a knife, and the other had a razor blade. The couple had a 7 year old boy, who was found dead in the attic. No-one knows how he got there because the manhole in the ceiling looked as if it was sealed for years until police broke it open due to a horrific smell. The police had investigated the residents families, each one said that their relationship was as good as ever, they never fought at all. No-one really knows why they killed themselves, but no-one can tell what the satanic signs stand for either. The area around the house is now abandoned due to unusual activity coming from the house. Before it became abandoned, paranormal investigators questioned the people who work near to the house. The Librarian, Miss Bransteen, told investigators of screams and cries from the now-empty house, no-one is there and she has become paranoid of these sounds, they moved the library further into the city to get away from the house, which she states is cursed. There is also a small medical facility next to the library, the lady at the desk said that patients have been leaving due to blood curdling screams that seem as if its coming from inside the facility, but she said its coming from the house. The medical facility recently moved as well.

A couple of paranormal investigators have gone through the house with cameras in the middle of the night, but hours later they have all ran out of the house, terrified out of their minds, some have even been injured by either being pushed to the floor, or bitten by something unknown.. They now have a website that has warnings to not enter this house.

Now, a Demonologist read about the happenings in the house and feel that maybe he can release what ever has "occupied" the house.

Gameplay

Map Specifications
Players - 1
Map Size - Tiny -> Medium

Complete Darkness
Since the arrival of the Demonologist, the lights around the house at night seem to become dim, and the area around the house is extremely dark. You do, however, have a light source with you, so you aren't completely blind...

Puzzle Solving
During the game, you will stumble upon things that the police never found, May these could be clues to what is inside the house and how to get rid of it, once and for all.

Sound Effects
The main part of the game is the sounds, there isn't anything scarier than complete silence then a sudden scream, cry or bang. a lot of sounds during the map will be completely random, no one knows when it will go off, or if it ever will...

Camera Angles
With Resident Evil style cameras, this can add to the suspense and horror of the map, Show off Specific points and Areas of Interest.

Arrow-Key Movement
The movement system is using the Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys.

Voice Commands
You read right, Voice commands. The way this is supported in this game, is through the keys: Q W E R T Y.
Each one is set to a Different Voice Command.

Q = Hello?
W = Are you here in this room?
E = Do you wish to hurt me?
R = Why are you here?
T = What is your purpose?
Y = Can you make a Noise?

Its not going to be the same "Hello" over and over, there will be multiple versions of each voice, Quieter, Maybe a bit shaky. and They may not provide a Decent response when you use them, depending on the room you are in. you could say "Can you make a Noise?" and you may hear a Bang coming from another room, or maybe nothing at all, or it will surprise you.

Screenshots

wc3ahaunting1.jpg

wc3ahaunting2.jpg

wc3ahaunting3.jpg

wc3ahaunting4.jpg

wc3ahaunting5.jpg

--------------------
If you have an idea or a suggestion, feel free to post it, ill get back to u asap.

Last edited:
Level 10
I like it but alot of the story needs to be fixed, for example you capatalized WAY too many words and the sentance "These bodies had weird satanic markings on they're bodies" doesn't make sense, you said "bodies" twice.
Here's a list of the words you shoulden't have capatalized:
"Home", "Mother", "Fathar", "One", "Razor", "Couple", "Boy", "Attic", "Manhole", "Ceiling", "Horrific", "Residents", "One", "The", "Area", "Abandoned", "Unusual", "Paranormal", "People", "Now", "Empty", "Library", "Cursed", "Library", "Facility", "Cameras", "Middle", "Night", "But", "Hours", "Bitten", "Demonologists", "Occupied", "Observers", there's more but I'm not going to go that far. Please fix your mistakes.

Other than that I think it looks like a good game so far and I can't wait to play it.

Hurray for colorful posts :D

Level 1
For the trees try using dead trees ( u can find them in the utm), u need some grass variation and also maybe add blight spots. and u could if u like add imported tiles like roads and such :) well good luck on ur map

Level 9
The place has not been abandoned for that long, so things should be dead.. id like a roads tile but i have been unable to find one anywhere... :S
I'm not going to add blight spots, because its not a Zombie/Demon invasion Lol, its just a Haunting.. :p

Level 9
BETA Release

BETA Release

BETA release is coming up, Right now we are Working to get everything perfect. We want to release a Bug-less BETA for everyone to play. We should definitely be able to release the BETA before the end of the year, if not then early next year. Hopefully everyone will look forward to the BETA release, and i hope everyone has fun playing it once released :)

Status
Not open for further replies.