• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units moving while in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I changed a footman to a building and changed the pathing map to that of the doodad building red and then changed it to a unit so i could rotate it and if you change it back to a building it stay in the rotated positon, i started the game both as a building and a unit and when in game this red house (i changed the model file to the doodad red house) and other units i copied and changed the pathing of to smaller and bigger houses (which also used ot be doodads, they got moved down and left a couple clicks from where they were in the editor when i tested the game and went into warcraft and played it as a custom game. I have walls vertical and horizontal and wall end lanterns around these houses and when in game the houses move down and on top of the walls. Please help, thank you.

Level 6
wc3 edit sometimes has the bug (even with the default units/buildings/doodads) to move them away from where they were placed.

I do not know what corses these bugs, but you need to remove the unit, change the ungerground and re-place the unit (NOT cut and insert or copy and insert - that wouldn't removve the bug). MOST of the times that should work - but no gurantee - sometimes the whole map is broken and one needs to restart from an older backup...

- Raszul

Level 22
ofcourse it pushes it back, u make the pathing small, put them together and make it the building pathing again, ofcourse the game places them like they jave the building pathing. ull have to leave it the unit pathing to place em close to eachother (or use smaller building pathing)

Level 4
yes but even with the building pathing they shouldnt move, i used the pathing map of the model file and didnt make it diagonal i kept them the same 4 rotations that the pathing works for units not moving through them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your last post i didnt understand. . .
Anyway its a bug of world etitor.
When moving units it allows you to put them closer together than the colsion raidus.
When wc3 runs up it makes a unit at that location but it pushes itself away due to the other units colision radius.
Try adjusting pathingmap and colision radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.