• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcaft Social

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello fellow readers and this is my idea for MY map. It's fairly crude butt I'm working on it. so its supposed to be a map with no killing or farming or dying. It's about socializing and chating and playing games and having fun with others. The currency will be Activity points, you will receive 1 for every minute. You will be kicked if AFK.
Main ideas

Chat games-
-There will be chat games, such as "what object am i thinking of"
-It will require you type the object to the computer and then players will take turns asking questions until they get it.
-Whoever one wins will receive 5 Activity Points, if you start the game you get 1 activity point.
-Any ideas you have will receive +rep

Rooms & Furniture-
-You will be able to buy room keys which allow you to own 1 of 20 rooms of various shapes and sizes, Bigger ones more expensive smaller ones are cheaper.
-You will be able to have decorations (flowers, furniture, and others, -Ideas +rep)
-Will be sold at a merchant
-Chest (will have a 6 slot inventory)
-Flooring
-Ideas +rep

-Pets
-Pets will follow you around and look cool
-2 cool shadow dragons
-A cool Falcon
-frog
-seal
-stag
-wolf
-Ideas +Rep

-Music & Song Scrolls
-These will be available for 2 Activity points and when they're used they will play the song that they are, eg. Music scroll - Arthas Theme, plays arthas theme music when clicked.
-I already have 30 song scrolls

-Mini games
-Need ideas +rep

-Need Other ideas
+rep for ideas

So i hope that sounds cool to you but its already alot cooler than it sounds. I NEED YOUR IDEAS, thank you.

Level 15
1) If you know how to transfer anims, or know someone who knows, I'd suggest incorporating dancing to the game (when I look at Shadow Hunter's "stand hit" anim, I can't help thinking that he's dancing. Many other anims, combined in right way, could all create some funny and bizarre dances; OFC some custom anims would help)

2) Hairdresser and barber.

3) Clothing - there're several hat models and numerous skins/models for RPG heroes and/or villagers.
OR (simpler version)
Choose a model with vivid team colour and switch between colours (like different-colored clothes. Best clothes could switch between all 13 colours like very second).

4) In addition to housing - gardening. Could also be a mini-game: you'd have to buy water or nutrients for your plants when they require (like, red glow on them or something). Growing a certain combination of simpler plant would unlock more rare and nice ones.
Anything could grow in the garden - bushes, trees, flowers, fruit trees and vegetables. A number of flooring models using various grass textures would be very useful here.

5) Cooking - all bout purchasing, getting as rewards, or growing in your garden ingredients, combining them on a Kichen Table (it would have 6-slot inventory and would kick out anything that is not ingredient). As I see it, it would be like this:
you put ingredints inside, hit "Cook" and get what you've just cooked. Adding kitchen tools to the table (perhaps via Unit - Add Ability, in order to save inventory space) could yield better results. Also, would be interesting to make Kitchen Table a Hero-type unit, so it will gain experience from each successful dish (representing your cooking skill), increasing chance of cooking tasty things.

6) mini-game: Hide-and-seek. One random player gets True Sight. For the purposes of the game, sight range of all units is set to very low, but map is revealed with no fog - as such, any player can see any unit that is not invisible, but only the one with true sight can see hidden units and only from close range.
All other units would be invisible as long as they do not move and stand in the bushes, near trees, etc.
In order to tag a unit you found, the seeker (the one with true sight) will have some harmless ability with huge range - turn the one who lost into a random critter for instance =)

Last edited:
Level 7
1) If you know how to transfer anims, or know someone who knows, I'd suggest incorporating dancing to the game (when I look at Shadow Hunter's "stand hit" anim, I can't help thinking that he's dancing. Many other anims, combined in right way, could all create some funny and bizarre dances; OFC some custom anims would help)

2) Hairdresser and barber.

3) Clothing - there're several hat models and numerous skins/models for RPG heroes and/or villagers.
OR (simpler version)
Choose a model with vivid team colour and switch between colours (like different-colored clothes. Best clothes could switch between all 13 colours like very second).

4) In addition to housing - gardening. Could also be a mini-game: you'd have to buy water or nutrients for your plants when they require (like, red glow on them or something). Growing a certain combination of simpler plant would unlock more rare and nice ones.
Anything could grow in the garden - bushes, trees, flowers, fruit trees and vegetables. A number of flooring models using various grass textures would be very useful here.

5) Cooking - all bout purchasing, getting as rewards, or growing in your garden ingredients, combining them on a Kichen Table (it would have 6-slot inventory and would kick out anything that is not ingredient). As I see it, it would be like this:
you put ingredints inside, hit "Cook" and get what you've just cooked. Adding kitchen tools to the table (perhaps via Unit - Add Ability, in order to save inventory space) could yield better results. Also, would be interesting to make Kitchen Table a Hero-type unit, so it will gain experience from each successful dish (representing your cooking skill), increasing chance of cooking tasty things.

6) mini-game: Hide-and-seek. One random player gets True Sight. For the purposes of the game, sight range of all units is set to very low, but map is revealed with no fog - as such, any player can see any unit that is not invisible, but only the one with true sight can see hidden units and only from close range.
All other units would be invisible as long as they do not move and stand in the bushes, near trees, etc.
In order to tag a unit you found, the seeker (the one with true sight) will have some harmless ability with huge range - turn the one who lost into a random critter for instance =)

Bump!, BTW what's above here is the exact kind of advice im looking for. I will use all those in my map, but i still need more ideas! plz!

Level 19
Actually, this was a map I wanted to make too, but didn't really think of it, so I'd say I support this idea:) Also, if you'd need any help with ideas or such, please feel free to ask me! The game kinda runs like The Sims and Habbo Hotel.

Level 19
You could make stuff like coffee machines and some places which sell beer for players who really want to dig into these kinda stuff:)
Maybe add a multistorey system for different rooms, with an elevator too!

Level 7
-Peper- Save and Load system?
Cars make your character looks cool!
save load system- Nice idea ill add it. +rep
cars?- Not so much, im going for mostly in game models, skins, ecta. and still war craft theme.
You could make stuff like coffee machines and some places which sell beer for players who really want to dig into these kinda stuff:)
Maybe add a multistorey system for different rooms, with an elevator too!
coffee machines- not so much.
elevators/multi story rooms- decent idea just nearly immposible.
beer- Great idea, i can also have your camer sway and your person sway when your drunk +rep
Anyone got mingame ideas,
and btw beer idea=win

Level 5
Minigame ideas?

Battle of your Pets?

Beer arena? Through beer at eachother, it damages your health and makes your camera even more f*cked up! :D

Level 19
We could always play spin the bottle:)
Or erm, hide and seek, LOL!

By the way, check Elevator Murderer, maybe you could use the same elevator concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.