• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warbeast Kraal

"When ya fight alongside raptors, ya want a mount dey can't eat".

The Warbeast Kraal is a training ground where troll dinomancers are using a series of fetishes and charms to maintain their control over the most repellant of creatures. All the beasts that haul troll goods, carry their armies, and fight their wars are born and bred here.

Based on this great concept from @stein123. I believe it perfectly fits to Darkspear/Gurubashi trolls but feel free to use it whatever you want.

UPD: Slightly improved Portrait camera angle, some sanity test fixes.
UPD 2: Sanity test and bugs fixed, all thanks to @Kyrbi0.
Previews
Contents

Warbeast Kraal (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A well-detailed roost for tropical creatures. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 48
I absolutely love this execution of a fantastic concept. It feels like it came out of nowhere too. I've actually had plans on maybe one day taking a shot at the concept art.
My only point of criticism goes to the centerpiece here. I believe the Frost Wyrm skull could be improved a little bit - the texture doesn't fit the "dino" theme well, and is too low resolution. Even if the texture is kept, I believe you could flesh out some of the details more - give it 3D teeth for example.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I recently remembered this & couldn't bear for it to languish for such a small issue, so I've taken it upon myself to do what General Frank suggested, and it seems to work (though I've only tested it on my v1.26 WE/game).

If it pleases the court (ha; if others test it successfully), please accept this humble fix:

(Also @Galendor an'Kreil , may I have permission to edit this model further? I think I may actually be able to use it after all...)

Attachments

• Warbeast_Kraal_Fixed.mdx
    113.1 KB · Views: 10
Level 14
I recently remembered this & couldn't bear for it to languish for such a small issue, so I've taken it upon myself to do what General Frank suggested, and it seems to work (though I've only tested it on my v1.26 WE/game).

If it pleases the court (ha; if others test it successfully), please accept this humble fix:

(Also @Galendor an'Kreil , may I have permission to edit this model further? I think I may actually be able to use it after all...)
It definitely works! Shame on me for not doing this so long. Thank you, and of course you can edit it!