• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War3ModelEditor as a buggy animation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have recently modded the penguin Blizzard unit to have an attack animation. I used the War3ModelEditor tool (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/tools/4/) posted on this site. I know that it’s not the perfect tool, but I tried. I essentially just renamed the “stand 2” Animation to an “attack-1) animation. This works *sometimes.* I would understand if it didn’t work at all, but sporadic functionality I do not understand. I have attached the model. If anyone could lend a hand, I would appreciate it.

Also, I attempted to add a “work” animation to a modified sasquatch model, and yet again, it does not work (although the model DOES work, it simply is the wrong animation. When repairing a structure, the model freezes perfectly still).

Thank you anyone for your assistance.

Attachments

• PenguinNew.mdx
    80.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Sasquatch.mdx
    79.5 KB · Views: 133
Level 22
I haven't looked at the models, but i had the same problem, so i'm pretty sure that this is how it'd be fixed
For the penguin: Set the animation's rarity to 0
for sasquatch, you probably have two animations overlapping the same keyframe. When that happens, the model freezes.

Level 2
Thanks for adding the animation!

Now if you don't mind telling me, HOW did you add said animation? I have spent quite a bit of time editing my sasquatch into a sloth by removing the horns and spines and I would like to add the stand-work animation to the other one. Also, if you know, I would be interested in learning how to add other animations (such as the acolyte's stand work or some such thing). I've tries using the animation transfer tool as per the tutorial, but it hasn't been working right for me (I can transfer ALL of the animations, but the single animation does NOT work or me. I regretfully do not know what I am doing wrong). Thank you so much for your help everyone! I'm excited about all that I am learning from these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.