• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War3FileConverter v2.1

Thats the ultimate tool for all Modellers.
If you need to convert models from MDX format to MDL and vice versa, you need that tool!
I could not live without it ;-)
Contents

War3FileConverter v2.1 (Binary)

Level 2
this tool don't work properly. I used this tool and find out I could convert mdx to mdl but not visa versa. got the same error as mentioned above (game.dll baldibla). So i have searched for a beter tool and found this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/mdlx-converter-62991/

easy to use and it does the work where its made for.

I think its better if this tool get removed (war3fileconverter) so everyone downloads the correct working tool. Otherwise people will chose the wrong one, and try to find a solution to make it work. what should be wasting of time.

Level 6
Any idea what's up with this program and Wndows 7? I try to start it up, and I get the message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." I've tried running it in XP compatibility as administrator, and it still gives me this error. I'll test out other tools while waiting for a solution.

Level 2
where could I find a tool that makes me able to create Loading Screen backgrounds?

Level 2
where can I find a tool that enables me to create loading screen backgrounds by using only bmp's or jpg's??

Level 16
Omg, Anyone Please Help me,

I am at the last step of finishing a model, i need to convert the MDL into MDX,
but after a while, when i close the program, it gave me an error, then when i try to open it up again,

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application."

i tried reinstalling, but it don't work !! help !!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: War3FileConverter.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e52f
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00401402
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1041
Additional Information 1: e52f
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 860f
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

Alright guys, time to get pissed off.

so I read and tried xorkatoss's idea of making it run in compatibility mode, but I was still getting the The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error.

I wondered if that was because in windows 7 the directory for warcraft 3 was moved from program files to program files (x86) so out of curiosity I copied my entire wc3 directory, from program files (x86) to just program files, pasted it, and bam converter works.

how to change the directory the converter uses so I don't need 2 warcraft 3's I haven't figured out yet, I may never figure that out, maybe were just screwed. but for now at least we can model edit again.

Level 2
This program is broken.I can't find a solution for it,neither the community wants to help with the situation.It's a waste of time.Otherwise I do apologise but don't just leave it here confusing eagered people who want to learn and create and/or help the community.