• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War3: RoC - Orc mission 4 - tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It's been awhile, and I wanted to play this over again, so I started from the beginning.

I'm in the Slash and Burn mission with Grom. I can't fathom getting 15,000 lumber without getting slaughtered by the Night Elves.

Anyone got any tips on how to beat this one?

Level 6
I was hoping to get some help here. I'm not fond of GameFAQs (even though I frequent it. >.>). I'll go look. Thank you for responding, though. I do appreciate it. :)

Edit: Okay, I read the FAQ; one of the bases attacks with Shadowmelded units. How do I counter that? I don't think the Orcs have any see invisible units like the Humans and the Undead do.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Well, just find or buy an Gem of True Seeing, or just go up with lots of Grunts and 2-3 shamans and kill the weak archers! Of course, leave some Shamans. Troll Hunters and Kodos in the base, to protection against the Hippos.

Level 12
What's the point in cheating? In most games (except maybe the GTA series) it strips the fun right anyway. Not to mention the cheat is greedisgood and not greed is good.

@OP

I generally mass grunts and raiders with ensnare. It's also quite ideal to destroy enemy trees of life to speed up the gathering process.

I disagree. Sometimes when the challenge is too much, I can't be bothered and I just wanna know the story :p

Some players play games for the experience, not challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.