• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War3 Dark throne Screenies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Here are some screenshots from my project War3 Dark Throne, what do you guys think about my terrain? Need some comments and feedbacks to improve myself. (its a combination of AoS type with Hero Arena type map).{currently in progress}.

DarkTempleofSargeras.jpg

DarkTowerandDemonGate.jpg

LegionofdarkView.jpg

Level 25
Why does this remind me of Starcraft?!

The terrain is decent.
The Good Stuff: Very nice tile variation ; Doodad placement in the first screenshot is nice ; Sky fits terrain.

The Bad Stuff: Hills are too pointy in areas ; Try to lower them a bit to make them smoother ; No set fog ; Building placement kind of looks random(Though I've no clue what this project is about ; Surface of the terrain looks way too jagged, especially for a jungle ; The cliffs in the background of the first and second screenshots are very bumpy.

Well there is definately room for improvement, no question about it. I think the tile variation is just about complete I must admit. It's a bit random, but it all blends well. You need a lot more environmental doodads to be placed and perhaps some props as well. You need to decorate your terrain with more than forests and the occasional rock and shrub. I recommend you check out Gilles' work of terrain. He has listened pretty much to everything I've advised and his work is getting better. You could learn a lot from his work.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.